Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: somaninitika

I agree with smriti completely. They  are giving messages at the end of each show. The message they gave today was the one they gave when they showed Champa's case...why repeating? Sugna"s pregnancy is like giving blow to all the hardwork of masiji,bhairon in order to change maasa.

i agree too...all the good work has gone down the drain...just when we think the show is progressing it comes back at the same point.
london741 thumbnail
now parents like bhairav and sumitra will think twice before giving independence to their daughters by seeing this.. thye might feel that their daughter will take advantage of their indenpendence just like sugna...

I really dont like this sugna's preg. track..... and that is too after soooooo long time...it must have been atleast 5 or 6 months when they showed pratap and sugna's scene of having physical relationship...  doesnt make any sense to me.....🤢
BlackWitch thumbnail
though there r mixed signals rite now, i think what BV is trying to show is as much reality in this scenario as possible.
in the rural areas, there have been cases with the underage gals becoming pregnant before their marriage.. maybe what they intend to show is the trials that these gals have to go through and the social stigma associated with it, along with raising awareness about premarital sex. i guess, another reason to show this cud be to show that gettin gals married at a younger age would be a grave mistake since many might feel that they are unable to deny their 'husband' his rights, cuz to them as well as society the guy is their husband, so if he wants to sleep with his wife, it should not be considered wrong, shud it? .. teenagers do happen to hav increased curiosity and awareness regarding their bodies, and an early marriage only bring the thought to their minds that "he's my husband, it wouldnt be wrong to let him do that to me."

jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think that the writer is completely confused...he has a couple of points he wants to make and he is ramming them in with absolutely no coherence or continuity to the story line.
Phooli's aborted second marriage seemed to give the message that widows should not rush into remarriage or sit and mope around singing bhajans and reading the Ramayan. From that perspective, it made sense for them to send Suguna to school. Wouldn't it have been great if they had shown her graduating from college, meeting a great guy and getting married on her own terms? Instead, a romantic angle is introduced with this Shyam who is clearly being marked for a romantic pairing with Suguna. She is also shown as being attracted to him...
Now she is shown as pregnant. Does this mean that she became attracted to this Shyam guy within the first trimester itself? It didn't take her long to forget Pratap?
Again, what is the message? Girls should be packed off quickly after their marriage? Again, anti education and regressive isn't it?
I think that the writer is completely confused.
Again, the endless pregnancy of Gehna who seems to show no signs of it! Exacly what is te timeline here?
If it is short, then Suguna's budding romance looks inappropriate. If it is long, the pregnancy is ridiculous.
The whole Phooli remarriage episode was tacky and badly handled as well.
I am also completely frustrated with how they have converted poor Anandi from an intelligent and sensitive child to a nosy loud mouth.
Frustrating

london741 thumbnail
well said....👏 i totally agree with you...
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jjairam

I think that the writer is completely confused...he has a couple of points he wants to make and he is ramming them in with absolutely no coherence or continuity to the story line.
Phooli's aborted second marriage seemed to give the message that widows should not rush into remarriage or sit and mope around singing bhajans and reading the Ramayan. From that perspective, it made sense for them to send Suguna to school. Wouldn't it have been great if they had shown her graduating from college, meeting a great guy and getting married on her own terms? Instead, a romantic angle is introduced with this Shyam who is clearly being marked for a romantic pairing with Suguna. She is also shown as being attracted to him...
Now she is shown as pregnant. Does this mean that she became attracted to this Shyam guy within the first trimester itself? It didn't take her long to forget Pratap?
Again, what is the message? Girls should be packed off quickly after their marriage? Again, anti education and regressive isn't it?
Again, the endless pregnancy of Gehna who seems to show no signs of it! Exacly what is te timeline here?
If it is short, then Suguna's budding romance looks inappropriate. If it is long, the pregnancy is ridiculous.
I am also completely frustrated with how they have converted poor Anandi from an intelligent and sensitive child to a nosy loud mouth.
Frustrating

Veryu well said...infact I was thinking of making a post on this topic.

I think that the writers have taken some apprenticeship under Ekta mai to turn this good show into a average one with run-of-the-mill plots.

Its true that Sugna should have shown to be continue study instead of giving hints to budding romance. T But even if they want to show some romance and widow remarriage - then Sugna should be shown to take new interest in life, fall in love with Shyam and then marry him out of her wish. Infact, both Shyam and Sugna should have waited a couple of years before they get married.

In this way, they could sent a message that every woman has the right to live her life happily and being widow, specially at the age of 16, doesnt mean that one has to bear the pain of widowhood throughout the life.

Instead, they are showing Sugna's pregnancy. Teen-age pregnancy is a big issue specially in child marriage, but these issue has already been addressed through the incidents of Champa, Rani jiji of Anandi's village and Yamuna taisa.

If they want to send message about the evils of  teen-age physical relationship and teen- age pregnancy, then it could have been addressed through tales of Anandi and Jagdish after making a leap and showing Anandi and Jagdish to be around 15.16

FollowYourHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jjairam

Frustrating

amazingly well saaaaaaaid👏👏 specially agree wid Sughna marriying on her own terms bit i mean h=now dey wld show them either getting her child aborted or getitng her wedded off just for the heck of it wldn't it had been grt just grt had they shown sughna falling in love and bhairon fighting for her love and getting her remarried for all the right reasons at the right time?

i reallly feel that the creatives ended up into a huge huge pitfalll here and they heavyly failed on their responsibility Come on BV is one of the most popular show why coz it has a social cause a social message attached to it and the creatives of such a show have to think above the lines of garering TRPs and blah they just cannot afford to get materialistic and they cannot afford to loose sight of the bigger picture Here is where responsible media comes into play when u know that your show is reaching out to n number of people how can u suddenly play wid all the ideals all the values u sought to promote at the first place?

and u know wat i am thinking? that the show wld take a typical ekta mai turn wid gahna loosing her child and den dey taking gahna and sughna to some isolated place where sughna wld give birth to the child and dey all wld be like its gahna's child if that happens na nothing can save bv

i feel we all shld write a petition to the creatives and let them know wat we feel abt this track coz hell its not just abt us its abt those millions of people who watch htis show and belive me a majority of them wnt be as educated and forward looking as we r they wld definatly treat this track as an affirmaiton to their faith in their orthodox way of life

Smriti
Edited by FollowYourHeart - 14 years ago
it is very confusing to understand what message the show's creative heads are trying to give.. it doesn't seem to be a social message even though the show is intrinsically based on a very powerful social evil-- child  marriage

i feel it is based more  on just one character- sugna's plight; as of now.. it is being  shown that even though widows are treated horribly especially in rural and backward villages,even though they make sorry mistakes like indulging in pre-marital sex without taking the required precautions; at the end of the day, life will not only look up for them but provide them with more happiness then they ever thought possible; evn if initially they do not see it that way (in the form of the character,shyam)

even though it does not look like that right now,ultimately this track will show us a positive message.. the right to freedom and happiness for a girl widow!
Edited by lime ice - 14 years ago
lakshmim_84 thumbnail
i feel the creatives are right on track. now suppose they just show us that suguna is going to school and slowly, she starts falling in love with shyam and they end up marrying. The only positive msg that gives is, widows have the right to education and they can remarry.
Now the msg that widows/girls have the right to education was already shown by sending phooli, suguna, lata, durga to school. they showed it beautifully. bhairav sends suguna to school.... villagers oppose...bhairav stands firm...rest of the villagers understand their mistake and send their daughters too.
Next msg of widows standing on their own feet and then a marriage.....if the creatives want to show that track, they have phooli. They need not have to use suguna for that.
Now if they show, suguna falling in love with shyam and she is waiting till she completes her education n till then they r shown romancing....it will be a complete waste to the characters of shyam n suguna. How long will they show them romancing, how many romantic scenes. So if they want to end the story of shyam n suguna in goody-goody way..like they lived happily ever after, they have to take a leap and show that suguna has completed her studies and shyam is a successful person n they marry....However as i said bfore, if this is what they want to show, they can show it thru phooli.
Now comming to the pregnancy track. I feel it is a realistic portrayal...there r chances that in such cases of child marriage teens will engage in sex bfore marriage and now they r showing, the she has become a widow and now she has to face to world as an unwed mother. I think, they want to show the problems that can occur if the child is not given sex education (actually they have already shown- with suguna being pregnant) and the our society esp the rural areas are so brutal to these unwed mothers. It might also show, how suguna stands up to these....fight the society. Moreover, they showed a brilliant msg y'day thru bhairav saying that it sonly bcos he got her married so early, they this problem has come up.
And if they show shyam supporting her thru all these and finally accepting her as his wife n the kid as his, it will give out the msg that, there is nothing wrong in marrying such a girl..Conversly u are helping her, n u can have an happy family. Our society/movies/serial have usually shown a step-mom accepting the kids as her own, the man as her husband. So why can't it be the other way round... can't a step father love the kids just like his own , wldn't he be able to accept the woman as his wifeEdited by lakshmim_84 - 14 years ago
Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
yes, this was pointless , if they wanted to raise the topic of widow marriage it cud have been done a different way................. showing her pregnant has given maasa more points to criticise her jiji's work in bringing some changes in in their house for gud

and now she will be marrying shyam cuz of this pregnancy????!!! he will have pity on her and wil decide to marry her