Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

d_s_g_ thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: gullicricket

Mutual respect, understanding is all great.. all im saying is don't show scenes like gehna falling into Basanth's arms and looking lovey dovey into each other's eyes and such romantic stuff. Isn't she supposed to be underage? It completely grosses me out. 

she is not underage,she is 18 so its the marriageble age,next in india for decades people have married with gr8 age differences like 20 years or so,and surprisingly they lived with much more luv than todays generation with so much divorce.not tht i am supportin forced marriage but if they both luv each other,wats the problem.
sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
usually dont but couldn't help but comment on this post..irrespective of age gap....and nothing to do with either of them. individually ..but they lack chemistry and look too odd as a couple..and i tend to agree ..they should avoid showing romance between them!!!
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
wat is the problm in shwg off the romance between them..thy r hubby n wife! love can happen despite of age difference also.....so wats the harm in itEdited by mehraan - 15 years ago
kristie12 thumbnail
'aapki beti ki umar ki ladki se shaadi karke kya sharam nahi aayi aapko...?' Who can forget that dialogue man?
where is that Gehna? She doesn't need to cry her lungs out for the rest of her life, as someone suggested. She can move on. She can go out of the house after giving birth and live her life as she wants. Remember she has guts to live her life alone and as she wants.
1987Roso thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i dont think her values would allow her to do that....
sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Gehna hails from an uneducated, rural background...in spite of her intelligence and sensitive nature, she would, in all probability find marriage ties irreversible...! we're witnessing here a world different from ours...where 8-yr-olds are married of and modern medicine considered a menace...in this setup, a girl moving out of her in-laws house because she thinks her husband is too old for her is an absurd thought!

And..her feudal-lord of a husband has somehow softened his stance..partly because she is carrying his child, and more importantly because she has compelled him to respect her wishes and treat her as an equal (to some extent).
Under the changed circumstances, I don't see why Gehna shouldn't go ahead and develope an amicable relationship with her husband! It's her only hope!
soapie thumbnail
I don't watch Balika Badhu regularly, so please correct me if I am wrong in my observations.

In one of the earlier episodes, wasn't it indicated that Basant forcibly had physical relations with his wife Gehna, after she had refused to co-habit with him? The scene where Gehna looks at the marks on Sugna's body after she comes back from meeting with Pratap and then compares them to the marks on her own body. (The scene also showed the contrast between both the girls...Sugna was shown to be happy and Gehna to be depressed and sad...clearly indicating their individual experiences with Pratap and Basant respectively)

This meant that Basant had forced himself on Gehna which amounts to Marital rape.

How can a self-respecting, forthright and courageous girl like Gehna ever respect and love a man who had literally raped her? So what if he is her husband, he did force himself upon her, isn't it?

Its not a question of age or even circumstances...its about dignity and self-respect! Gehna was always shown to be a girl who could stand up for herself and hence to see her accepting Basant from her heart is a bit jarring. I could understand if she had resigned herself to what had happened and lived on...but to show her falling in love with a man who had willfully subjugated her to abuse is very disturbing, to say the least!

Soapie

Edited by soapie - 15 years ago
sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
@ Soapie

In patriarchal societies, a man is expected to have complete control over his wife's body....that the woman can feel differently is never taken into account...it is not a question of her choice or her wish...what matters here is the pleasure of the husband and of course...procreation! Basanth, having a similar worldview could not understand Gehna's disgust when he exercised his conjugal "rights"! His previous experiences with a docile and submissive Jamuna did nothing to help!

But, once Gehna put her foot down and refused to yield,angry though he was, he never forced himself upon her...!

And even now, Gehna isn't really head over heels or anything...she has come to terms with the fact that he is an integral part of her life...and has decided to make it as amicable as possible!
Edited by sub_rosa - 15 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

fine Gehna is trying to come to terms with reality..that Basant is her husband....but love is something else  ! How can she "love" Basant? yes she might respect him or liked the fact that he went against dadaisa for her sake (for his own child wud be more correct)  but love? i don't think she loves him.... 

i'm not watching Balika Vadhu religiously so i don't know what's happening in detail...i just saw that Gehna is happy nowdays ....she was singing some song......She's enjoying the pleasure of motherhood.........yest. also she was happy to see Krishnaji's poster which Anandi brought for her....it never crossed my mind tht she's in love !
Edited by _charu_ - 15 years ago