Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

solly21 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

What really bugs me about Ms. Pinto is that she's basking in the glory of a film whose heart and soul were the little kids who are returning to the very slums they came from. After reading about how Rubina wishes that she didn't have to sleep on the floor or in a place where it doesn't smell like excrement and how Azhar fell sick after returning to the slums, I can't bring myself to care about Freida's "rise into Hollywood". The kids who elevated the quality of the film are living in squalor whereas Freida who had a 10-minute role in the movie is living a glamorous life. The irony. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

I don't agree with you,
Firstly, Danny boyle has done an enormous deal for those kids, he has paid them more than the average child would get in bollywood๐Ÿ‘
Secondly, he and the rest off the crew off Slumdog milliornair has opened up a trust fund for these kids once their attend school and turn 18. how do you know maybe Freida has also contributed from her paycheck, and by looking at the oscars freida was really close to the kids and dev๐Ÿ˜Š
Thirdly, I read that there will be moving out off the slums to a new apartment, that what Rubina's father said,๐Ÿ˜ญ
Fourthly, all the slumdog milliornair kids where flown from mumbai to the oscars FREE, there also did there SHOPPING  for them, and DANNY boyle also took them to so many kids outing like Disneyland, even american kids who live here dream off going to Disneyland.๐Ÿ‘

I don't think any Bollwood Director or crew would do the same for their own kind. there always give the child artist little money, or have any small child do odd jobs with little pay.๐Ÿ˜ก

Freida also mentioned in numerous American interviews that the children of the movie where the real deals the heart and soul off the movie, maybe you need to watch her interviews.๐Ÿ‘

Freida was just lucky, and she should enjoy her fame because she deserves it, not everyone is lucky and God does not give everyone this chance off a lifetime.๐Ÿ‘

Edited by solly21 - 15 years ago
solly21 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Enycedoll

I dont think the author is comparing THEIR BEAUTY!..hes comparing THEIR STYLE.......

and as far as succeeding in Hollywood goes...Ash was given a fair chance...critics watch movies and appreciate good work when its seen...and Frieda has been appreciated in her 15 min role...and Ash wasn't.........big deal....and in hollywood...its about dressing well and carrying yourself well, that's what gets you noticed

Frieda actually was doing a show on TV when she was spotted by boyle...so i duno if that counts for her being in bollywood...you be the judge...and she was also a small time model..

the author got it absolutely right...SHES THE FLAVOR OF THE SEASON...let the hype die, we'll see where she stands, but as of now i heard she was also gona b the face for ESTEE LAUDER...

I agree with what you said,  the author is just comparing their styles,
And yes, the critics watch the movies and talk about films that are different and that have a message rather then the same old, and I agree with the author when he says that Ash's acting is wooden its TRUE,๐Ÿคข

Yeah, she was spotted on television by danny boyle plus she did numerous ads and modeling in india.
Freida Pinto has worked very hard on her look ad style and its not easy especially when you are in the limelight and attending, the Oscars, golden globes, Baftas, Sag, and critic choice awards, i like how one fashion analyst said that so far he has not seen Freida go wrong in any one off these awards.
And she was named in the top 5 or top 10 BEST DRESSED IN THE OSCARS AND GOLDEN GLOBES.๐Ÿ‘

Yeah, lets se what she does next, men she has begged a role in woddy's film with the best actor Anthony hopkins,
Good luck to her the crew off Slumdog miliornaire.๐Ÿ‘

Edited by solly21 - 15 years ago
scinerd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: solly21

I don't agree with you,
Firstly, Danny boyle has done an enormous deal for those kids, he has paid them more than the average child would get in bollywood๐Ÿ‘
Secondly, he and the rest off the crew off Slumdog milliornair has opened up a trust fund for these kids once their attend school and turn 18. how do you know maybe Freida has also contributed from her paycheck, and by looking at the oscars freida was really close to the kids and dev๐Ÿ˜Š
Thirdly, I read that there will be moving out off the slums to a new apartment, that what Rubina's father said,๐Ÿ˜ญ
Fourthly, all the slumdog milliornair kids where flown from mumbai to the oscars FREE, there also did there SHOPPING  for them, and DANNY boyle also took them to so many kids outing like Disneyland, even american kids who live here dream off going to Disneyland.๐Ÿ‘

I don't think any Bollwood Director or crew would do the same for their own kind. there always give the child artist little money, or have any small child do odd jobs with little pay.๐Ÿ˜ก

Freida also mentioned in numerous American interviews that the children of the movie where the real deals the heart and soul off the movie, maybe you need to watch her interviews.๐Ÿ‘

Freida was just lucky, and she should enjoy her fame because she deserves it, not everyone is lucky and God does not give everyone this chance off a lifetime.๐Ÿ‘

I agree with waht you said, they have done so much for the kids, and personally i think frieda has a better personailty for Hollywood than Ash, I'm sorry to say but I hate watching Ash interveiws she doesn't come across as a very nice person, Frieda is excellent in playing that fun flirty girl.
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I don't agree with you,
Firstly, Danny boyle has done an enormous deal for those kids, he has paid them more than the average child would get in bollywood
Thirdly, I read that there will be moving out off the slums to a new apartment, that what Rubina's father said,
Fourthly, all the slumdog milliornair kids where flown from mumbai to the oscars FREE, there also did there SHOPPING  for them, and DANNY boyle also took them to so many kids outing like Disneyland, even american kids who live here dream off going to Disneyland.

I don't think any Bollwood Director or crew would do the same for their own kind. there always give the child artist little money, or have any small child do odd jobs with little pay.

Freida also mentioned in numerous American interviews that the children of the movie where the real deals the heart and soul off the movie, maybe you need to watch her interviews.

Freida was just lucky, and she should enjoy her fame because she deserves it, not everyone is lucky and God does not give everyone this chance off a lifetime.

1. He has set up a trust fund which they will receive when the turn of age. What about now? Are the kids going to live in the slums until they turn of age?
2. No definitive statements have been issued. Freida may not have contributed.
3. They haven't yet. They are still living in the slums.
4. One day in Disneyland or on the Oscar red carpet does not negate a lifetime in squalor.

My point wasn't that Danny hasn't done enough for these kids. Obviously, he's done his part and can't be expected to do more. The studio that is spending their money on dressing Freida should, however,  pay the kids. The kids made the movie (ever so glad she agrees๐Ÿค”) and she's relishing the accolades while they are struggling. That is unfair.
Edited by ShadowKisses - 15 years ago
Originally posted by: preity*zinta

What a BAD comparison. Slumdog Millionaire isn't known as FREIDAS film it's always referred to as DANNY BOYLES film. Like .. acting wise .. she was strictly OKAY ... nothing spectacular. She just got super lucky that Slumdog went ahead to be such a huge success.

Have to agree with you here. Unnecessary comparison between Aishwarya and Freida.

Freida's acting was never appreciated in SDM. Was it? Yes! she got acclaim because of the film and she also knows how to carry herself. But Aishwarya is a senior actor and much accomplished than Freida.
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hold up a second, why and how is it danny boyle or anyones responsibility to take care of the kids? They got paid for a job, and they got a bonus. He doesnt have a moral obligation towards them. The parents complaining are greeeeedddyyyy! Yup! Azhar got sick in his own home, where he was born and grew up in? Sounds like a whole lotta bull crap! Theyre getting apartments, not like freida pinto was given an apt to live in NYC.
TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I hope Freida does really well in Hollywood. I don't think she'll be a blockbuster type star, I think she'll do really well in indie movies. Plus she's a rising fashionista, she'll be gracing many many more magazine covers to come. As long as she does interesting roles, she'll be fine. And I hope works with Dev again, they are so fabulous together!
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I dont understand what the big deal about Freida is? The movie belonged to the kids and Dev. It belonged to Anil and Irfan. But out of the entire cast Freida's role was nothing spectacular. Anyone could have done it. What's the big deal? And how can she be compared to Aishwarya who is a legend in her own right? So what if Aish didnt make it big to hollywood? Its also a game of chance htat it was Slumdog that was appreciated. Had Freida been cast in some other movie, I doubt she would have gotten the recognition she's getting right now.
friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
bad comparison is all i can say!
Indian_girl_18 thumbnail

I don't agree with you,

Well said solly21.....๐Ÿ‘