Demi Lovato wants to sing for New Moon

~devi~ thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Demi Lovato Would Love To Sing On 'New Moon' Soundtrack

The 'Sonny With a Chance' star reveals her Team Jacob tendencies.

By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Larry Carroll

Sure most ladies, if given the opportunity and the talent, would jump at the chance to pen a love song for vampire Edward Cullen. But Demi Lovato isn't going to restrict herself to just one "Twilight" heartthrob.

The 16-year-old Twilighter and "Sonny With a Chance" star let it slip to MTV News that she might be a fan of Bella's werewolf pal Jacob (played in the movie by Taylor Lautner). "Edward Cullen — I would write a love song to him," the singer/actress said, before giddily adding, "Or Jacob Black!"

Lovato also said she'd love the chance to participate in any way possible in "New Moon," the movie's hotly anticipated sequel, though she's sure being on the soundtrack is her best bet. "I think it'd be cool to be in the soundtrack," she told MTV News. "Maybe, but ... it's like anything that would happen that'd be awesome. I don't know if I'd make a good vampire or a good werewolf."

Lovato isn't the only Disney star who has expressed interest in joining the "Twilight" phenomenon. Earlier this month, the Jonas Brothers expressed interest in working on "New Moon" in some capacity.

"The movie was obviously a huge success, and if they asked us to be a part of [the sequel], that would be great," Nick Jonas said about the prospect of writing a song for the movie. "It would be really cool."

Although the guys had yet to see the flick, Joe said, "I have heard it's a great movie."

"We're looking forward to seeing it," Nick added. "We've been a little busy, so it's kinda hard to get the movies, but we'll see it."

"Typically, we'll get the advance DVDs and watch them on plane rides or something," Kevin said of the band's attempts to keep up with Hollywood's latest hits during their busy touring schedule. "So, hopefully, we'll do that." 

video:www.mtv.com/videos/news/345008/demi-lovato-it-would-be-awesome-to-be-on-twilight-soundtrack.jhtml