Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colling thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
wow..mahi OSM ques. i agree it would require a great deal of courage and support to maintian such a relationship..but this depends on indiv. in tv serials they make it seem easy but i know its not..actually i dont know my capability the day i realize my capabiltity to love..i think disablility would not be an issue..
Ali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Can you or will you be able to love a disabled person?
To Be Honest, No, but Yesh on some conditions
  I don't just mean severely disabled but even people with selective hearing... or blindness... Do you think you'll be able to love him/her and spend your entire life with them?
I will be able to love them but I dont know abt spending the entire life with them.
If the person is physically disabled or cannot speak or cannot hear I will marry her with all my arms open but I wont marry someone who is blind or mentally not stable.
 We always look for someone with whom we can have a perfect family.
Who can take comeplete care of us.
It is a different story when a person is physically disabled,
They cannot hear but u can talk with eyes and actions,
They cannot speak, but they can say million things with looks and emotions
They cannot move from one place to another without a stick or wheel chair, but then you are there to always be their stick very close to their arms, U are there to carry them around.
But I can never think of a blind person, not because she is blind but because she can never enjoy the same view that I am enjoying and she can never see me and that will make feel sad.
There will always be a question what if she got ok and didnt like me or find me attractive or find me like her handsome prince charming
If she goes blind after marriage, I'll still love her the same as I used to nothing will changed as I  know she selected me and was happy to marry me

I know it sounds horrific to say that I can't love a disabled person.  After all it's not their fault.  They are as much as human beings as we are.  But be truthful... Are you aware of the problems the disability might bring to your life?  Would your love be strong enough to support him/her?
Yesh! When I have decided to see her forever in my future nothng else comes in between.

Love is not supposed to come with any conditions, right?  So why do we want a perfect life partner?  A person can be physically disabled, but they have as much feelings as we do... Shouldn't love be liking somone for who they are instead of what they are physically?
Yesh, V all look for perfect life partner, but what is the definition of a Perfect life partner. Everybody has their own view.
For me its is someone who is content with what she has, kind, lovable, god fearing, knowledgeable, Not at all selfish, Has a good behavior and humor. who know how to keep the whole family together.
Looks and attractions are not that important
"Soorat se zyaada seerat matters"

Please don't take any offense.  This is strictly for disucssion and participation and I have no intentions of hurting anyone.  Anything said is purely unintentional. And sorry for said anything wrong or too much.

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks to all for expressing your opinions!

NEW DOTW will be up soon but you can continue your discussion if you want!

My opinion is that if true love really knows no bounds then how can you say you cannot love a disabled person?  If I have to start putting people into categories and making sure they fit the criteria, then it's not really true love. True love should just happen with anywhere, anytime.  If you can really control it, then it's not likely to be true love anyway.

-Mahi