Posted: 15 years ago

Hi

Welcome to the FILM OF THE WEEK thread. Each week we can discuss older (well ones not been released in the last few weeks) movies here.

You can discuss anything from chemistry of the actors to the stories.

Rules:

No bashing each other other or actors.
Keep on topic(basically just on movies no personal life of actors)
If you do not like the movie you are free to say but in a appropiate way no ' its a c**p movie

FILM OF THE WEEK:

ANDAZ APNA APNA 

Amar (Aamir Khan) and Prem (Salman Khan) are two ne'er-do-wells from Mumbai and Bhopal respectively who dream of becoming rich without working for it -- by marrying a rich heiress, Raveena (Raveena Tandon). One has a habit of saying 'haila!!' and the other has a habit of saying 'ooii maa!!'. They meet on a bus and discover that they are both out to win the heiress. Each of them tries various ploys to eliminate his rival, all of which fail ludicrously. In the end, Amar and Prem agree to join forces, insinuate themselves into the heiress' household, and there compete for Raveena's love.

Amar tries to get Raveena to hit him by annoying her. After several tries, he succeeds when Raveena, quite fed up with him, hits him with a log of wood. Amar acts as if he is unconscious. He is taken into Raveena's mansion, where he is attended by Prem, pretending to be a doctor. After some skirmishing for Raveena's attention, Prem finds himself increasingly attracted to Karisma (Karisma Kapoor), Raveena's secretary. What Amar and Prem do not know is that Karisma is the real heiress. She switched places with her secretary in an attempt to find a man who would love her for herself, not for her money.

Amar and Prem then concoct an inane plot to win the confidence of the heiress's father Ram Gopal Bajaj (Paresh Rawal) by first kidnapping and then rescuing him. But they do not know that the father's evil twin Teja aka Shyam Gopal Bajaj (Paresh Rawal) has plans to kidnap him too, and start living as him. So both Teja and Amar & Prem send their men to kidnap him. But Teja's men take him by rendering the men sent by Amar & Prem unconscious. Amar & Prem then decide that they will really have to rescue him. Later Amar and Prem find out that Raveena was really Karishma and Karishma was Raveena and that they both wanted to experiece each other's life because of how they didnt get a the respect they wanted.

But to make things even worse (and funnier), Teja himself has an enemy, Crime Master Gogo (Shakti Kapoor), who then enters the plot. He takes everyone hostage, including Raveena, Karishma, Ram Gopal Bajaj, Teja and his cronies Robert (Viju Khote) and Bhalla (Shehzad Khan) to steal the precious diamonds that belong to the rich Ram Gopal Bajaj. Amar and Prem go to rescue them all. Comic hilarity ensues and in the end the villains are nabbed by the Police Inspector (Tiku Talsania).

(WWW.WIKIPEDIA.COM)

https://www.sawf.org/Newsphotos/Bollywood/AamirSalmanAndazApnaApna2.jpg

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/81575036_867d90efab.jpg

QUESTIONS:

1.What is your favourite scene in the film?
2.Why do you like this film?
3.What makes this film funny?
4. Was the cast good and what added to the film?

I have only ever seen the start of this so am sorry but please add what you want to πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
1.What is your favourite scene in the film?-Lol there are many..bt there is particular scene..whr Salman disguises himself as a doctor..n den he does smthng to Aamir n he pulls his tongue..Tht is damn funny..N still laff at tht scene wenever I laff..n den even wen Aamir puts sumthng on Salman's food..n den Salman cudnt speak properly..Haha..!!I luv AAA to the core..One of my fav movies😳😳

2.Why do you like this film?-It is funny to the core..generalli I lyk onli realistic movies..bt dis movie is awesum..Everything is awesum..from every1's acting to the comedy scenes..A total entertainment overall

3.What makes this film funny?-It ws one of the very first comedy movies..!!which i hd seen..N it hink all the scenes were original..n not copied..Really gr8 comic timing by the actors and comedy scenes as well
4. Was the cast good and what added to the film?Yeah..the cast ws really gud..Though I never lyked Salman much..bt he ws outstanding..in d movie..Actualli every1 wer outstanding..Brilliant acting..brilliant comedy scenes and everything in d movie ws gr8..Luv dis movie..One of my fav all tym movies..till nw😳
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
this film is the best i mean simply the best.. its no 1 one my list.. the film is so funny.. i always laugh .. when ever im a bit sad.. i put on this movie.. and then.. i start smiling.. each scene is so well made that i cant criticize one scene.. its so funny.. from haila to oyi ma.. from.. the karishma reveena problems.. to the funny stuff of mere PLAIN ke motabik
OMGG... I love this movieeeeee... .. there is even a fan group for this movie on facebook.. i think 10,000+ fans.. i absolutely love this film..
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Meena1

OMGG... I love this movieeeeee... .. there is even a fan group for this movie on facebook.. i think 10,000+ fans.. i absolutely love this film..

Me toooo....i can watch it over n over again!😊
Cheetara thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Andaz Apna Apna-Comedy at its goofy best !!!

A3 is like THE BEST COMEDY ever! a must watch movie!

Sallu looked so cute in the movie.........so adorable & funny........both Sallu & Amir were hilarious.........just proves that these two dudes are the best actors we have......can do such witless buffoonery and the most serious roles with equal ease.......this film got the perfect cast for a comedy........
Each & every character is a scene stealer in this comedy......be it, Mehmood (as Johnny the Photographer
), Shakti Kapoor(as Crime Master Gogo-who prides in the fact that he is the nephew of the famous Mogambo), Tiku Talsania, Paresh Rawal (as Ram & Teja/Shyam Gopal Bajaj) and his two henchmen Bhalla and Robert, Jagdeep (Bankeylal Bhopali-Prem's father) and Amir& Salman totally rocks as Amar & Prem. The whole cast scores a perfect 10.

The music is pleasant too......like 'Do Mastane Chale Zindagi Banane' - when Salman & Aamir meet for the first time,'Yeh Raat Aur yeh doori' ,'Ello Ji sanam hum aa gaye'..........

I've watched it sooo many timest......and I had so much fun discussing this movie in another thread in this forum........and meri naye pilaan is I'll share the dialogues n everything again.........just for laughs

These lines are just too good

Amar-"Kyun Prem?"......Prem"Kyun nhi kyun nhi"....sooo cute

Bhalla-"Yeh Vasco de Gama ka gun hai"...........Teja-"Kiske mama ki gun hai?" πŸ˜†

''Crime Master Gogo  - Ayaa hou to kuch lei kar jaonga, khaandani chor hu..............

ankhen nikal kar gotiya kheloonga''

The song-"Suno suno duniya ke logon, sabse bada hai Mr Gogo"πŸ˜†

Amir(when they find out Teja is Bajaj's twin)-'Pehle se hi itni pareshani hai raveena kaun karishma kaun....ab ek aur nayi pareshani....uncle kaun ????????????'

And the motel owner saying - "bolo mat....... sunte raho..........sote samay awaaz to nahi karte na paas main hi kabristan hai ,acomplaint nahi aani chahiye........raat ko 1 se 2 ke beeh nahane ka paani aata hai"

Amar to Prem-"Jab dil par chot lagta hai to aasar seedhe dimaag par hota hai........Isliye main tere liye yeh laaya hoon Gum kaa Saathi Rum !!"

Amar-yeh jacket apne kahan se liya..kahin yeh Chowdhary & sons ka toh nahin hai?
Prem-nahi nahi yeh maine New York se kharida hai
Amar-New York! acha acha maine socha America seh liya hoga

Gogo:Ye Teja Teja Kya hai? Ye Teja Teja?? πŸ˜†

Amir-"Gogo mai-baap, mujhe marne se pehle isse ek baar peetna hai"... Sallu-"nahinnnnnnnn, main marne se pehle pitna nahin chahta..."

And the Raveenaji & doctor saab scene...and mamu jaan and chote mamu scene....too goodπŸ˜†

Paresh Rawal(Teja)-"Bread ka Badshaah, aur Omlette ka Raja, Bajaj....hamaara Bajaj"...lol

Karishma & Raveena's "Chalo, chalo Tillu ko dande dene hai." so cute

~The Ransome Scene!~Teja:Maine Pachaas Lakh maange they, aur ye Thailli mein Pachaas Lakh lekar aaye hain??....Robert:Sir! Lakh Lakh ke Pachaas Cheque hoyenge!πŸ˜†

Teja:Main kya Chindi chor dikhta hoon?Ye Firauti ke paise hain ki Mayyat ka Chandha hai??πŸ˜†

Amir talking about his haircut La Coupe France de Hair - "Rozy ke komal haathon se baal kate bhi aur pata bhi nahi chala"

Teja-"Apne pairon pe khada ho ja........Teja......hoja!" lol so original

Sallu-"Dr. Prem Khurana. Is dhande mein bahut purana" πŸ˜†

Ananad Akela- Tum logone Sholay picture dekhi hai?
Sallu- Haana maine dus baar dekhi hai.
Amir- Haan, iske baap ne likhi hai.

Sallu-"mujhe meri manzil saamney dikhaayi de rahi hai"..........Sallu's Dad-"saamney police station hai aur shamshaan ghaath, kaunsi hai teri manzil, beta?"

And yeah, Robert's Galati se mistake ho gaya and Bhalla's Naye Pilaaan is awesome

And the climax........Sallu & Shakti Kapoor's virtual fight🀣....Its a real classic

And Amar's 'Hai la' and Prem's 'Ooi maa' πŸ˜† Sallu's expressions, awesome!!!!!

And the Vidhwa maa, Andhi behen story that Amir tells 🀣

You know.. I can actually write all the dialogues here'

I have lost count on how many times i have seen this movie.... im gonna watch it again.........This is a real comedy..........no drama.....no mushy romantic scenes......will just make u mad wid laughter.....no matter in what mood u are this movie will defi cheer u up.....u will enjoy every moment I'm sure.......If you don't believe me then watch it again' and again' and again'
Edited by chitara - 15 years ago
Cheetara thumbnail
Haai La, Oooi Maa, It's Andaz Apna Apna!
thebollywoodfan.blogspot.com

Two young men Amar (Aamir Khan) and Prem (Salman Khan) con their fathers (veterans Deven Verma and Jagdeep respectively) to finance trips to win over a wealthy businessman's daughter Raveena (Raveena Tandon), who visits India in search for an ideal match. Why India and Indians? Here's one answer:

Amar and Prem, whose first meeting involves Prem's iconic Ooi Maa
Hai Laa!......Juhi Chawlaaa!
Amar and Prem exchanged pleasantries (or lack thereof) on the way to their destination (it's hard to beat these lines -- I like the second one, 'circus ka retired bandar', sorry Aamir!)...

Cheetara thumbnail
None is kidding when suggesting that every scene is hilarious. Sample these:

1. A quasi-ode to friendship:

2. An encounter with the police:

3. A friendly fight with a reference to a popular ingredient of masala film...

...leading to reminders of episodes of the Ramayan TV series!

4. Amar and Prem the magistrates:

5. Vegetables as handkerchiefs. Honorable mention to Javed Khan (left), who played Ram Singh in Lagaan (2001).

Cheetara thumbnail
6. A classic buildup to a song -- Ae Lo Ji Sanam (see it here) -- an excellent tune. Am I the only one who thinks the song has 1960s or 1970s written all over it?

7. A classic song in Dil Mera Dhak Dhak Dole (see it here), probably the closest Bollywood has come to an authentic pajama party number. Amar and Raveena were at their finest...

...Prem and Karishma were at it too...

...oh, and so were the bad guys!

8. Crime Master Gogo (Shakti Kapoor), who introduced himself as Mogambo's (Amrish Puri from Mr. India (1987)) nephew was the inexplicable highlight.

9. Paresh Rawal was brilliant in a double role, as Raveena's father and uncle. One a greedy villain, the other a strict administrator.

10. And finally, there was this. Man must not only win over woman, but must, of course, convince her parent(s) of his worth.

Cheetara thumbnail

Oh, and in case you feel I haven't discussed much of the brilliance of the stunning Raveena Tandon and fabulous Karisma Kapoor (it's all deliberate, you'll know why when you see the film), you are allowed to point fingers ;)

You can also play along with the cast in *your* andaz, and watch in amazement and amusement!

PS: Does anyone know when Salman was nicknamed 'Style bhai'? Was there any correlation with the title to this film?