Luck By Chance fails to do magic at box office

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Luck By Chance fails to do magic at box office. Farhan Akhtar - Konkana Sen Sharma starrer Luck By Chance has failed to open big at the box-office. Although the film received critical acclaim, it has failed to connect with the audience. There are several reasons for the film's not-so-exciting Box-office opening.

1) Many found the pace of the film to be too slow, especially the first half. A few walked out half way through the film and there were several who dozed off. One of the reasons for this is, the majority of the audience are unaware of the functioning of the Hindi Film
Industry. They failed to understand the spoofs and in jokes. The result - poor word of mouth!

2) Hrithik Roshan! There were many who travelled to a theatre nearby, just to catch Hrithik on screen. But were disappointed to see a 10 minute cameo which included 1 song. The very song Baawre was promoted heavily on televison.

3) The trailers didnt create any curiosity or excitement around the film.

Coming the the Box office collections, Luck by Chance has done about 8 crores of business (nett gross) in its first weekend. The business at multiplexes in major cities is good but the Zoya Akhtar film is a complete disaster on single screens. The collections are expected to drop heavily during weekdays and pick up during the next weekend. But will it? Highly unlikely although there is a possibility with no big film slated to release on Friday.

Overall, those who expected Farhan to recreate the Rock On magic would be extremely disappointed. Big Pictures (Anil Ambani owned) is expected to loose quite a lot of money on Luck By Chance! (Courtesy: Indicine.com)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I will see and decide...........
lulu_gr81989 thumbnail
it deserves to do well. Farhan Konkona were awesome in the movie.
Well this is just talk when figures are out it will say more..
lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

me I have seen this movie and Iliked it

Calvin_Klein thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I had high hopes from this movie.
I have not watched it yet, so can't say anything.
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
have not watched it yet, so can't say anything
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

It's doing worst than cctc because cctc made 45 crores and this one made only 8

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: veryuniquestyle

It's doing worst than cctc because cctc made 45 crores and this one made only 8

lol that was the domestic box office collections...and these are the weekend collections