I am always offered negative roles' Sonia Singh

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
I am always offered negative roles'

Sonia Singh, better known as Dr Kirti of the serial Dill Mill Gaye is overjoyed these days. The vampturned-good girl is busy livin' it up to the rectitude of her reel-life character. "After a spate of negative roles, finally, I have got to play characters that have no vampish traits. I am enjoying every bit of it," says the vivacious actress. Sonia says she's enjoying every bit of her role as Dr Kirti. "It gives me a high whenever I am addressed as Dr Kirti, who is obsessed with discipline while at work, but is totally bindaas the moment she steps out of the hospital. I just love the different shades of her character," says Sonia. And she adds that her long-time wish to do a double role has also come true, as she plays the character of Kanak in the serial Naagin. The actress whose powerful performance as Kumkum's daughter-in-law Antara earned her a nomination for favourite khalnayika at a recent awards show, feels it's her curly hair and large, expressive eyes that make her an ideal choice for negative roles. "Whenever I have auditioned, the negative role would automatically come to me. To be honest, I enjoyed doing that to the hilt. It's a challenge to play a vamp. There is a lot of scope to perform, play with the eyes and experiment with clothes and looks. I can't play a dumb doll or do too much of rona-dhona like the sanskari bahu in the saasbahu serials," chirps Sonia. But exposure and bold scenes are a strict no-no for her. That's the reason she turned down an offer of a bold role with Amitabh Bachchan in a Bollywood flick recently. "It could have been the turning point in my career but I decided against it as the role demanded some very bold scenes. I steer clear of exposure. I want to be known for my acting skills," says the actress. Sonia will soon be seen in a dance-based reality show. "Dance has always been a passion and this show will be a wonderful opportunity to utilise my talents," she adds.

Labels: Sonia Singh
http://forum.indya.com/showthread.php?t=53337&page=26

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
hey sanober this article is very old from Bombay Times and it was posted long time back.

neways thanks for sharing !
richa94 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanx a lot. wat reality show is/was she in????😕
trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Already posted.

Topic closed,

DMG Dev Team