SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi friends,

Hatchet… well and truly buried

Shah Rukh Khan pays a visit to Manoj Kumar's ailing mother-in-law

By Kunal M Shah
Posted On Friday, January 30, 2009 at 02:16:46 AM

Signaling the end of the bitter war that ensued between Shah Rukh Khan and yesteryear actor Manoj Kumar with the release of Om Shanti Om in 2007, Shah Rukh visited Manoj recently and spent nearly four hours with him.

He shared some light moments with Manoj's grand children too. Shah Rukh also went to enquire after the health of Manoj's ailing mother-in-law Savita Devi, who is SRK's late mother's good friend.

Says Manoj, "Look, there wasn't ever an epic war between us that we wouldn't meet again. He made a mistake and apologised for it. My 94-year-old mother-in-law had to be recently operated upon, and Shah Rukh wanted to meet her.

My mother-in-law used to make khakras for Gandhiji. She is a former MP from Congress and Shah Rukh's mother was a social worker, that's how they met. Even his father knew my mother and sister-in-law as he was a freedom fighter. So Shah Rukh just dropped by to spend some time with me and my grandchildren."

Telling us more about the visit, Manoj says, "Shah Rukh asked me why I was not making films anymore. I asked him what his problem was if I don't make any and just rest at home. We joked about it. It was nice to meet him, I hardly interact with present day stars. I've just spoken to Aamir Khan once on phone.

And imagine, I haven't met Salman since the last nineteen years despite his father Salim Khan being one of my closest friends."

Shah Rukh asked me why I was not making any films anymore. I asked him what his problem was if I don't...   – Manoj Kumar

Manoj Kumar

Link:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
That is nice of srk to go and good that they sorted things..