Your views on live-in relationships..

-simi- thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Note - im not a frequent visitor of Debate Mansion, so if this topic is breaking any rules, mods, please let me know and close it. 😃

What are your views on live-in relationships? And how does a live-in affect the relationship between a couple as opposed to if they were married?

Edited by musicdiva - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
 bad in cultured/traditional  societies like india and ok in other societies especially the US...
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

bad in cultured/traditional  societies like india and ok in other societies especially the US...

Agree :)
ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
I thinks its an induvidual's choice if they wanna live together or not be4 marriage

personally I have no issues with it.....its upto u agar ek saath rehna hai to raho agar nahi rehna hai to mat raho 😛
sameer.84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i am a muslim and will never go for live-ins.

i know my duty towards God.

btw, if u want to live with a gal forever, whts there in marrying her....or is there something fishy in ur mind?😉

Originally posted by: ThE_kHan07

I thinks its an induvidual's choice if they wanna live together or not be4 marriage

personally I have no issues with it.....its upto u agar ek saath rehna hai to raho agar nahi rehna hai to mat raho 😛

True that.  Per tum ney toh sari debate ka shuru hone sey pehley hee faluda bana diya😆
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sam_84

i am a muslim and will never go for live-ins.

i know my duty towards God.

btw, if u want to live with a gal forever, whts there in marrying her....or is there something fishy in ur mind?😉

"Live-In" relationship does not mean living with someone forever. Both live together till the time they want to. Whereas "Marrying a person" requires a certain commitment which lacks in "Live-In" relationships, That's why people who do not want to make a commitment go for Live-In relationships.

ThE_kHan07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

True that.  Per tum ney toh sari debate ka shuru hone sey pehley hee faluda bana diya😆

wat does tht mean?😕 lol nevr hrd this term be4😆
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ice_thinker

I personally dont feel that this is the kind of relationship for me. Infact, as I am already married, perhaps this dont count anymore. But when I were not married, I still disapproved of it (note: I have no objection against people living their own lives. By disapproval I mean, I disapprove this for my ownself).

Out of the many reasons, I think that a marriage is a special, blessed and holy establishment. Its a sign of commitment, an oath of love and a path of values, through which the human society is strengthened. Marriage is a celebration of a union, not only between a man and a woman, but it also signifies an event when two families (of the man and the woman) gather together for form a distinct and precious relationship. A relationship of honor, compassion, care and respect.

I find marriage as a covenant of God. For me, God is Love. However, also, we know that according to every religion, God has been related to Glory (Light). From here, we know that Light contitutes of an spectrum of colors ... and we know that Love is of many kinds. Thus we can also say that each true love is as though a true color of the spectrum of the same white light. But how do we know that this love is true love? For true and perfect is only God!... Thus, any love, within the covenant of God must be true love! For example, mother's love for her child is a love God constantly mentions and praises, the child's love towards his parents, the father's love, the siblings love, etc... are all celebrated and praised by God. We also find that the love of a Husband to his Wife and vice-versa is constantly praised and beloved in God's realm. So, in a way, it if LOVE identifying love... and settings stage for love. Marriage is a throne of love between a couple... who declare their establishment infront of the human society (a speciality which only human's enjoy).

Now many people will question...about lack of love within a marriage....and lack of responsibility within a marriage. But I think that we must also consider the lack of soul within many human's before thinking of the dead and decayed people's activities. People who are reckless at any given condition...and basically people overcome with animal instints absorbed from extreme materialism.

Regarding love in a live-in relationship: I would feel that if it were love, then it would shine like the midday sun. It would not hesitate to celebrate itself. It would not hesitate to commit. As in marriage. I feel its an act, I would never like to commit...and am thankful that I didnt.

I married at the age of 22...its been a long time, with 2 children.... and I know I made the right decision.

Again, this post is not to disrespect anyone.

many people in the west and now this live-in relationship is spreading really fast think that now marriage is no what it used to be special, blessed and holy establishment, a commitment that binds two different persons into one. nowadays people think of marriage as an old-fashion union between husbands and wives and they prefer live-in relationships which would be easier to dissolve rather than marriage. in a marriage people will have to seperate wealths and solve many other things when they want the marriage to dissolve. one of the many reasons nowadays why the divorce rate is so high in this age is because people married only because of attractions, and once that so-called 'honeymoon' period is past they started having problems and disagreement and when this happened they do not hesitate to take the decision to dissolve the marriage relationships that they have with one another.
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: musicdiva

Note - im not a frequent visitor of Debate Mansion, so if this topic is breaking any rules, mods, please let me know and close it. 😃

Well... it is not but this topic was discussed earlier at length. However we have many new members joining IN that might not be interested to go thru. 100's of pages, in old posts, reason this topic is open for debate or say argueable discussions.

Here is the link of OLD post, some real good views there... https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/104580

Also if you search 'Live In'  you will get hits to similar topics that have been debated here.

Thanks for posting and Welcome to DM!