Twilight

Rob Talks Girlfriends, Passion For Writing...

mallika_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Rob Talks Girlfriends, Passion For Writing, Being Alone

Marie from Germany just sent us these two scans from Gala Magazine.

She sent us the translated version of the article, in which Rob talks about what he thinks love is:

In "Twilight" we learn a lot about love and life. What's your personal message?
"I think, love arises because two people long for the same things. For example closeness or endless intimacy.The love of Edward and Bella goes far beyond every inner and external circumstances. That's very romantic, isn't it?

Now before you get all googly eyed with his answer, keep in mind the interview was translated by google, so Rob's version was probably slightly different. Read the rest of the interview after the cut.

Interview with a vampire

As sexy bloodsucker Robert Pattinson has become a superstar. Because of that- there is no time for love.

The hair always in the out-of-bed look, the eyes all the time with dark shadows: that's Robert Pattinson, the hottest youngstar Hollywood's.

In contrary to his preppy teenie-colleagues of the brand "High School Musical" -the 22-years old isn't shy of celebrating wild nights in the club/hotel "Chateau Marmont" and saying his (honest) opinion in interviews. This British- guy is under discussion everywhere- after all he became an actor out of a model with bravour. After a part in "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire" Pattinson shines in the "fantasy- romance" "Twilight". How modest he stayed in spite of screaming-concerts and hymns of praise- he shows in the exclusive GALA interview in Munich

Would you like to be a vampire?

To be immortal? That's nothing for me.The appeal of life is that it is finite.

Your "Twilight"- co-star Kristen Stwart and you are an enchanting screen-couple. Was there an off-screen love too?

No, in fact- as far as i know (laughs)- Kristen has a boyfriend. But I like her a lot. She is a brilliant actress, breathtaking beautiful and further more she has an unbelievable charisma. In front of the camera we harmonized perfect, the chemistry just worked.

In "Twilight" we learn a lot about love and life. What's your personal message?

I think, love arises because two people long for the same things. For example closeness or endless intimacy.The love of Edward and Bella goes far beyond every inner and external circumstances. That's very romantic, isn't it?

Did you ever experience such an intensive love?

Not really. Perhaps, because I have resisted thitherto.

But you have had girlfriends?

Yeah, the first one at the age of twelve. It lasted three weeks. (laughs). But there was a relationship which lasted for about three years. But also it was never like " Oh Baby, I want to die for you!" Perhaps that will come one day.

So at the moment you are single, why that?

No idea! I just am. The last two years I was abroad the whole time, there was no city I stayed longer as a couple of weeks. Hardly I had arrived- I had to go away. Even in my hometown London- I could just spent 5 days this year. This is just to little to build up a realationship.

How do you get along with the constant loneliness?

Sometimes I prefer being alone. I just don't like spending time with other people all the time. Of course I go out with friends, but i also enjoy the perfect quietness, for example for writing. But in the last years I had no time to do that at all.

What do you write?

Mainly scipts. Before i started with acting- i wanted to become a writer.

Zac Efron from HSM is also considered as an "teenie-star" at the moment. But he seems to really enjoy the hype around his person- in contrast to yourself.

Zac is a really different person. I've met him twice and he seems pretty nice. Many many times people told me that I'm the new Zac. I always respond like: "WHAT? That's not me!" With this comparison i feel really bad. I also feel a little sad for Zac because he has to live this "perfect" life, he can't allow himself to make a mistake. Everybody watches and judges him. But I can do whatever I want to do, nobody is interested in that. That's great , because of that there isn't so much pressure on me.

How do you deal with your unbelievable out-of-nowhere success?

I live the exact same life than before , I have the same friends and the same preferences. I haven't changed at all.

But you earn more money!

Sadly to say- it's not that much. To say the truth: I'd like more! (laughs)

http://www.robert-pattinson.co.uk/?p=8068-source

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
hahaha.. he's awesome. and I can't believe people compare him with Zac Effron.