tapishh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I'm in the last year of my school and i'm gonna miss it a lot so i decided to write my heart down = D

here is what i wrote:

14 maddening years, totally awesome, fun, sad, super, frustrating 14 years. 

As I come closer to the end, it dawns upon me that a whole phase of my life is coming to an end. No more getting up at 5 to get ready for school or whatever, however annoying it was.  No more school uniforms, the green, the grey and later the blue.

I owe everything to these 14 years, my friends, my life, my successes, my failures, MUN!, endless torture (exams) but most of all I owe to it my sense of belonging. The feeling that there is this one place where I exist without an effort, where exist my memories.

There are so many things/anecdotes/lessons cramped in the piece of land called DPS Vasant Kunj that I'm surprised it doesn't burst. The kind of friends I made here, I will never probably make in my life, because honest liking comes once.

As I move out of this phase, I look back, not to regret, but to marvel at the multitudes of things experienced, to calculate the loss I will make when I let go.

People will laugh and mock my effusive love for 'a stupid thing like school', it doesn't matter because I know this love is madness but healing nevertheless.

It is stupid to want to hold on to something which has to come unstuck. As I move on, I remember my fear and anxiety on the first day of school and the grief and sadness on my last.

So contradictory and yet comforting.

i would love to see your comments = D

janhvi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I totally empathise with you! It's my last year too.
tapishh thumbnail
yeah man its sooo weird leaving a school you've been to all your life! :S

i don't know how i'll get outtta the habit lolz!
suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
school life is the best time of someone's life...to see your post  the fond memories ofthose golden days are coming to my mind/.....I too would never forget my school....it just didn't taught me...but had developed my personality....I am very impressed to see this post as you have expressed your thoughts in such a composed yet sensible way
tapishh thumbnail
^^thank you very much suchi!

yes the school doesn't' only teach you, it makes you who you are!
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
ya........its very difficult to leave school...school life is far far better than college life........they are the golden days of life which never come back..
tapishh thumbnail
yeah man! as i keep reaching college time i realize i'm gonna miss school like mad!