Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xo4515 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I know this dose not have anything to do with Bandini But it is for the channel

As Rakhi Ka Swayamvar on NDTV Imagine came to its logical conclusion on August 2, data from aMap reveals that a whooping 15.7 million viewers tuned into the reality show, which featured Bollywood starlet Rakhi Sawant, in which she chose her future husband.

The final of show, called Rakhi Ka Swayamvar - Faisle Ki Raat, recorded a TVR of 6.3, for C&S 4+, NWE audiences. The final episode was almost two-and-a-half hours long, starting at 8:00 pm.

The closest to it was a TVR of 6.1 for the final episode of the Zee TV's singing reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2009, aired on January 24, and the finals of Dance India Dance (TVR 6.1), also on Zee.

Sameer Nair, chief executive officer, NDTV Imagine, is overwhelmed at the viewership generated. The first episode of the show opened with a TVR of 3.5, a first for the channel since its inception and the highest grosser on GECs this year.

"The final episode contributed to the overall ratings of the channel by at least 20 per cent. People were curious to find out what the show was about because the concept was new and this is what made them stay with us throughout the show," says Nair.

The show was about Sawant choosing her future husband from among 16 contestants, who were shortlisted from at least 12,000 entries the channel received and was the first of its kind on Indian television.

"We were skeptical if the show would work at first but we took a lot of effort into making it in a manner that would make it palatable for Hindi GEC audiences. We made sure it was very different from the edgy splitsvilla kind of thing." said Nair.

NDTV Imagine had also launched a reminder campaign a week prior to the final episode. This campaign was extended to television, print, radio, the Internet and movie poster-like cut-outs were also used, as a countdown to the final day.

The hype was manifest in the series of OB vans parked outside The Leela Hotel in Mumbai, where the ceremony was held, by news channels on August 2. A huge amount of PR can also be credited for making the show talked about.

"Marriages in India have always been hugely public. Your family, extended family and mohalla wants to know everything about your wedding." says Shailja Kejriwal, executive vice-president (content), NDTV Imagine.

Kejriwal also reveals that the channel viewers will now be treated to the spectacle of late BJP leader Pramod Mahajans divorcee son, Rahul, doing a Rakhi with his own swayamvar.

However, during the course of the telecast of Rakhi ka Swayamvar (from June 29 to August 2), several other recently launched reality shows have slipped on ratings, say the numbers provided by aMap.

Sach ka Saamna, on Star Plus, has witnessed a decline in its ratings, from as high as 4 TVR in some of the early episodes to around 2.2 in the last few episodes aired till July 31. Similarly, the ratings numbers of Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao, currently being aired on Sony TV, have also declined to a TVR of 1, compared to the initial rating of around 2, shows the aMap data.

Source:http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2009/newsfullstory.php?id=1249392369
kusuku21 thumbnail
RONIT BOSE ROY, Actor

'Amdavadis are extremely sweet'

The walled city looks so different and is amazingly well organised

Ahmedabad is my hometown where I grew up riding my bicycle and taking swimming lessons. I left the city 23 years back but my work brings me back to city quite often. On my recent trip to the city, I observed that the skyline has changed quite a lot. The walled city looks so different and is amazingly well organised. I couldn't recognise a few areas while my SUV was passing through the lanes. One could hardly spot any tall storeyed building when I used to live here. Today, tall beautiful glass building that one comes across tell the glorious tale of development and growth. Areas like CG road, Ashram road have got a face lift. Surprise was in store for me when I went to pay my friend, who resides in Shashtrinagar, a visit. There is absolutely no comparison between the city where I grew up and the city that I see today. The infrastructure of the city has completely undergone a sea change.
    I remember my school days while I was studying at St Xavier's Loyola and frequently visiting the Municipal market and Rajpath club. The IIM-A and CEPT campuses used to be my favourite hangout zones as my friends used to study there. The city is quite close to my heart because of the people who live here. It is difficult to find such hospitable and warm people as Amdavadis in other places of the country.
    It is here that my friends and dear ones encouraged me to continue pursuing acting. And how can I forget the delicious Gujarati food! I relish the spicy delicacies as I don't have a sweet tooth. I enjoy the cuisine more as I prefer vegetarian food. I like to gorge on khaman, patra and undhiyu served piping hot.
    (As told to AMRITA
    MULCHANDANI)

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIA/2009/08/14&PageLabel=51&EntityId=Ar05100&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Leena Jhumani who plays Khemi in Bandini on Imagine:

The word Azaadi to me means…

Being myself in any given situation.

Being a free person is…

Understanding the true meaning of the word Azaadi and not imposing your thoughts on somebody else.

What is it that you enjoy being part of a free nation?

The fact that I am born and can live in my country without fear is something I enjoy the most.

Something that you would like to give back to your country?

The same respect, love and dignity that my country has given me.

Mrunal Jain who plays Hiten in Bandini on Imagine:

Being free to listen to what your heart wants you to do.

Being a free person is…

Being like a free bird flying in the open sky.

There are so many religions, customs and traditions followed in our country…Yet at the end of the day we all call ourselves INDIAN…This is what I like about my free country.

Don't know what I can physically give back to my country…but till I die I promise I will always be a proud

Asiya Kazi who plays Santu in Bandini on Imagine:

To live in peace and harmony in a secular country.

Being a free person is…

Enjoying every right as a citizen of the country without any discrimination.

The feeling that I belong to my country, that I can love, sing and learn is what I enjoy being part of a free nation. This is what makes India a beautiful country to live in.

I would like to protect the rich heritage my country has given me and being the peace loving nation that we are, become a messenger of peace to other countries.

Indian. Jai Hind!

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/1757-imagine-azaadi-with-ndtv-stars.html

niveditha thumbnail

Mrunal Jain was Krishna in Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaray Mahabharat Ki. Ekta herself said that when she saw him, she decided to give him the role immediately as she felt he was made for it. To top this, Mrunal is vegetarian and does not even eat garlic and ginger, which impressed her. Unfortunately, Mrunal didn't manage to impress audiences as much and the channel soon stopped airing the shows. He is now acting in several Balaji Telefilms serials.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=672
niveditha thumbnail

Double Whammy!

ROSHNI K OLIVERA , TNN 28 August 2009, 12:00am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
As a kid when she saw Rekha perform to In Aankhon Ki Masti Mein on screen, she secretly nursed a dream to be an actress one day. She has
Prerna Wanvari
realised that dream now.

What's more, new-kid-on-the-block Prerna Wanvari has even bagged a double role very early in her career. Here, she talks of balancing her passion with studies...

You made your TV debut with Ekta Kapoor's Bandini...

I auditioned for the main lead Santo in December, but it didn't work out. Later, I auditioned for Kadambari's role and I was very happy to bag it. I thank Ekta Kapoor for it. This is the best platform for any newcomer and I'm getting to learn a lot. I'm working with senior actors like Ronit Roy and Rasika Joshi. They are very patient and helpful. They all call me Kadu on the sets!

You're doing a series in Koi Aane Ko Hai, where you have a double role...

Yes, the double role has plenty of scope and it's a dream come true. I play Ratna and Neelam in the show. It was a big challenge. I loved playing Ratna particularly because I had to speak the Rajasthani dialect. I was working with Nikkhil Arya, who is a very talented actor. The shooting schedules were very hectic and we were shooting round-the-clock. But Nikkhil made me feel very comfortable. So, I was not nervous about playing a double role at all. Nikkhil was so sweet, we would all joke around and we became good friends on the sets.

How are you balancing your studies and work?

I am doing my final year BA right now in Philosophy. I'm also training with Terence Lewis and completing my dance course. Acting is a passion and I'm managing it all.

So Philosophy is your area of interest?

Actually, I wanted to do Psychology! In the future, if I do get the time, I might pursue that.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Double-Whammy-/articleshow/4940721.cms
niveditha thumbnail

Kunal Thakkur enters Bandini as Khemi's husband...

Kunal Thakkur who was last seen in Pavitra Rishta will be seen in NDTV Imagine's Bandini as Khemi's husband..

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Punch-nama

Ronit Roy had to undergo surgery after his co-star accidentally punched his nose while shooting for Udaan

While shooting for his forthcoming film, Udaan, one of Ronit Roy's co-actors, Rajat Barmecha punched his nose so hard that he had to undergo surgery.

A source said, "While shooting in Jamshedpur recently, Rajat, who plays Ronit's son in the film, accidentally punched his nose too hard. Although Ronit was immediately given medical aid, the severity of the injury was so bad that he had to undergo nose surgery."

Actor Ram Kapoor, who is also part of Udaan, said, "When this incident happened, I was not in Jamshedpur. I was busy shooting in Mumbai. So I really don't know the exact details of the incident."

? Although Ronit was immediately given medical aid, the severity of the injury was so bad that he had to undergo nose surgery

When asked about the incident, Ronit said, "I don't want to talk about this."

The source added, "Ronit has now completely recovered."

Udaan is directed by Vikramaditya Motwani and is produced by Anurag Kashyap.

Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Ronit Roy's nose job

Ronit Roy hurt his nose during a film shoot, had to undergo surgery, and is recuperating at home in Mumbai.

The actor, currently seen on TV in Ekta Kapoor's Bandini, was shooting for a film called Udaan – produced by Anurag Kashyap – in Jameshedpur, where the incident occurred. Ronit was filming a sequence with his co-star, Rajat Barmecha, who plays his son in the film. Rajat had to hit him in a scene, but ended up accidentally punching Ronit hard on the nose. Unit members immediately provided Ronit first aid, but it wasn't enough. The actor had to fly back to Mumbai and go in for surgery on his nose. The operation was successful and Ronit is said to be ready to resume his shoot.

Incidentally, the film Udaan has been written and directed by Vikramaditya Motwani, who wrote Dev D. It is about a father and a son in Jamshedpur. Ram Kapoor is playing Ronit Roy's brother.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090925_127
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Dead drunk

On Sunday evening, TV actor Ronit Roy was seen driving his silver Hummer in a drunken state, accompanied by his bodyguard. According to witnesses, while driving along the stretch between Versova to Four Bungalows, the actor behaved in an extremely callous manner.

The witnesses, Subodh Singh, Dayanand Saroj, Pramod Harale, Siddharth Dongre and Vinod Deshmukh were returning to Lokhandwala after a meeting at a local coffee shop in Versova and were appalled to notice a silver Hummer ram into a moving rickshaw. Instead of taking responsibility, the driver of the Hummer got down and started beating and abusing the rickshaw driver. The shocked witnesses sitting inside their car noticed that the driver was none other than the popular TV actor Ronit Roy.

This was not the end of the story according to Subodh, "Barely fifty meters ahead, Ronit rammed into another rickshaw. When the driver protested, Ronit stopped his car and abused him before moving ahead."

His next victim was a black Honda Accord which he rammed into from the rear. Subodh adds, "After the third time, Ronit got down, held the driver by his hair and bashed him up. Matters could have worsened if Ronit's bodyguard hadn't intervened."

Ronit Roy tried to clarify, "I did ram into a rickshaw as it was raining that night and the roads were slippery. But I paid the rickshaw driver for the damage. There was no fight between us and I don't remember ramming into an Accord at all. Moreover, it was not me but my driver who was driving the Hummer."

Meanwhile...

Ronit Roy slaps a watchman over a parking disagreement  

According to a NC (non-cognisable offence) lodged at the Oshiwara police station, the 43-year-old actor slapped a hapless, building watchman over parking his car. The incident happened at the MHADA transit camp in Andheri at 8 pm on Sunday.

The watchman, who is not named in the NC, was slapped as he had told the actor not to park in the premises of building 28 . Andheri, owing to ongoing construction work. According to the police, the actor ignored the watchman's request, which is when the altercation escalated, resulting in Ronit slapping the watchman. The complaint was filed by 36-year-old Bharat Verma, a resident of the building.

Confirming the incident, ACP Dilip Suryawanshi of the DN Nagar division says, "Ronit allegedly abused the watchman due to a disagreement over parking. But they have settled the matter now."

Ronit says, "All the parties involved are not only my neighbours but very dear friends. We had a misunderstanding because one of the society gates was closed and I used the wrong gate to park my car. The matter has been sorted out and things have been amicably settled."

Complainant Bharat Verma too has let the issue pass. She says, "We have settled the matter amicably. After all he's my neighbor. It is water under the bridge."

Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago