Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapie thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
The show is set in Udaipur which is a small town and very conservative, since it primarily has Marwari and Rajput families who are still quite traditional and orthodox in their lifestyle.

Hence, I feel that the double standards shown in the serial are actually quite realistic and many families, not just in small towns of India but also in Metropolitan cities observe this sort of difference between girls and boys in the same family.

This is not really sexual discrimination, but just the fact that in our society, a girl's honor is considered to be a family's honor too and anything that might sully it should be avoided. Hence, parent's and elder siblings are so protective about the girls in the family. Girls are just as pampered and loved as boys, but at the same time protected and restricted too. This is Indian society, love it or hate it....but that's the way it is!

The Maheshwari's seem to be ultra-conservative and would probably never accept Akshara's friendship with any guy, or that's what it seems like. So even if it was someone else apart from Alok, I don't think anyone would have encouraged Akshara to be friends with a boy. Just imagine, if Shaurya being a guy has to hide his relationship, how could the family be expected to accept their daughter's friendship with anyone, howmuch ever platonic that might be!
Edited by soapie - 15 years ago
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Hey u have good point

i just cant undertand why alwyas have boys right to do everything...i have to say this ...this serial is so similar then in real life coz my frind bro is same liek dis he has GF but he doesnt let her sis to make boy frinds ..even her parent....liek ..he stay at night up to 2:00 something nobody says to him but even if my frind goes at night soewhere they asked so many questions dont know why dis always happened with gals same here with me..my always says to me dont make boys fridns ( but stil i have it) coz.. they r just frnd am not gona do somethign wrong and she always tel me .boys r bad blah blah u know some indian parents...

I just hate it

I want to thanks Rajan ji sir for bringing such a wonderful show
Sanayaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: soapie

The show is set in Udaipur which is a small town and very conservative, since it primarily has Marwari and Rajput families who are still quite traditional and orthodox in their lifestyle.
Agree

Hence, I feel that the double standards shown in the serial are actually quite realistic and many families, not just in small towns of India but also in Metropolitan cities observe this sort of difference between girls and boys in the same family.
That is what I m sayin why dese double standards r prevaililg in our society be it metropolitan cities or small towns it is everywhere

This is not really sexual discrimination, but just the fact that in our society, a girl's honor is considered to be a family's honor too and anything that might sully it should be avoided. Hence, parent's are elder siblings are so protective about the girls in the family. Girls are just as pampered and loved as boys, but at the same time protected and restricted too. This is Indian society, love it or hate it....but that's the way it is!\
Ya dis is Indian society
i CANT HATE IT ND CAN'T APPRECIATE IT FULLY TOO

The Maheshwari's seem to be ultra-conservative and would probably never accept Akshara's friendship with any guy, or that's what it seems like. So even if it was someone else apart from Alok, I don't think anyone would have encouraged Akshara to be friends with a boy. Just imagine, if Shaurya being a guy has to hide his relationship, how could the family be expected to accept their daughter's friendship with anyone, howmuch ever platonic that might be!
They r very very conservative

Thanks for replyin

Sanayaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Himanivineet

Hey u have good point

Thanks

i just cant undertand why alwyas have boys right to do everything...i have to say this ...this serial is so similar then in real life coz my frind bro is same liek dis he has GF but he doesnt let her sis to make boy frinds ..even her parent....liek ..he stay at night up to 2:00 something nobody says to him but even if my frind goes at night soewhere they asked so many questions dont know why dis always happened with gals same here with me..my always says to me dont make boys fridns ( but stil i have it) coz.. they r just frnd am not gona do somethign wrong and she always tel me .boys r bad blah blah u know some indian parents...

Me too can't understand
Rite sreial is similar to real life
U kno wat My frnd's brother n parents r like d same
I just hate it

ME TOO

I want to thanks Rajan ji sir for bringing such a wonderful show

i ALSO WANT TO THANK HIM BCOZ HE ALWAYS BRING GREAT SHOWS
sHOWS TO WICH WE CAN RELATE

tHANKS FOR REPLYIN
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Oh not a problem ....

hope u r not parensts arent like this ......

i can understand parents have fear that their children wont do somethign wrong...but they atelast they shoud trust their chilren or they dont boys and gals frindshp maybe coz their parents treated them like this .. so our parents are doing the same thing with us that their parents did it

Sanayaa thumbnail

i gett wat you aree sayinggg.. i thinkk if akshara had a friend beefore thatt was a boyy herr parents wouldentt mindd butt afterr herr dad saw her with the boyy holdingg her handd  i dnt think they would let her hav a frend thats a boyy anymore.... shauryaaa probably doesnt knoe that he was trying to help her andd he is the angry type of personn.. a guy can hav a frend thats a gurl becausee a gurl cant really do anythingg bad 2 guyy butt a gurll that has a frend thats a boy is somethingg 2 thinkk about again becausee he can be bad or somethingg.......i guess thats howw our culture iss no matter where we livvv in india or the u.ss all indianss think the sameee 😊-natashaaa

Thanks for replyin
I agree wid u

Sanayaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: PrInCeZz07

Yh a agree with you guys
well yh it is the family they are a bit over protected or a bit too much
but i think after that incident they take things way more serious now
but yh it was a normals parent reactioon and if they wnat Akshara not to go out liek that tehn probably thats why they were even more angrier
And yh Shaurya he is befriended with a girl
ans yh he is just a bit protective over Akshara
its like he cares for her and probably what ever he does with girls he doesn't want the same to happen to his sister thats why but its sweet as well that he cares for her but its like she should get a bit of freedom alright
and its not as if Akshara is going to do something bad
look at her shes so cute and innocent
but even in today world it happens
guys can do what ever they want but girls cant at times
and yh i dont get it either why some people think that a  a guy and girl and a girl and guy can just be friends no love and all that crap in between them but just good friends
great question you asked

love
hummy

Thanks for replyin
U r sayin all correct
Kno world around is bad but girls r always over over over protected