Ash not to perform because she couldn't design her

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Ash not to perform because she couldn't design her act

Mumbai: 

Aish opted out of the Screen awards because she didn't have enough time to design her own acts

Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan loves to fine-tune everything in her life from her roles to her shows and make-up and styling. As a result, she won't be performing at the Screen Awards tonight.

Says a source connected to the awards, "When the Morani brothers (the organisers) asked Ash to perform at the awards, she was really keen on doing it initially. Unfortunately, she just could not take time off shooting to perform. Aishwarya likes to design all her acts for her performances.

The Moranis had wanted her to perform to a Jodhaa-Akbar theme complete with dances, looks and styling. Ash felt that such an act would take time and apart from rehearsing it to perfection, she wanted to give her own inputs on the detailing and costumes so she had to refuse.

Ash is currently shooting at Jaipur for Mani Ratnam's Raavan with Abhishek. She is hoping to get a day off so that she can attend the awards function."

Mohammed Morani of Cineyug (which is scripting, conceptualising and directing the Screen Awards) says, "It's true that we wanted Ash to perform for the awards as Jodhaa-Akbar was a hit last year and we are taking actresses who were hot and successful newsmakers from 2008 but Ash's has been traveling a lot. Her dates weren't available and she didn't have time to rehearse.

Also Ash loves giving lots of inputs and time for her acts. There wasn't even time for us to conceptualise and discuss the act with her, so Ash had to drop out."

This time, the awards won't have any male actors performing apart from Arjun Rampal's act in Rock On!! and Akshay Kumar. Sajid Khan and Shreyas Talpade are the show's hosts. Mohommed says, "The decision was deliberate as we wanted the show to be different this one only based on the hot and happening actresses of 2008!"

mid-daynews.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

komalash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
awww...I wish she had tym..now I hope she attends the awards so that I enjoy even more while watching...!
samilia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think she will be there !
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Something interesting I noticed. Both Ash and Kareena pulled outta the show kinda last minute. But here's hte difference. Look at the difference of how that was projected. If kareena didnt perform, it was assumed that she pulled out because she didnt wanna perform with all the other actresses, kinda strange considering the fact that she performed with Kat in Temptations and then did item numbers for Srk in Billu Barber where Deepz and Priyanka also did item numbers.
But for Ash, its coz she didnt have enough time to design her act.
I'm not saying anything against Ash here. Just pointing out how two actresses did the same thing, but the look at how one is getting bashed with 15 different articles claiming the same nonsense without getting any quote, while the other is spared.
The media sucks.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I love Ash's performances, I wished she had more time, and I agree with her not performing b/c I hate watching performances that are dull and pointless. I'm glad she likes things to perfection, it would have been a treat because it's been awhile since I've seen her perform at award shows, but maybe she'll perfrom at zee cine awards or maybe filmfare! Fingers crossed!!