Rising Stars of MJHT : Article

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Rising Stars of Miley Jab Hum Tum

Name: Arjun Bijlani
Date of Birth: October 31, 1982
Place of Birth: Mumbai
About Me: I was a very naughty child in school. I used to play a lot of pranks and thus all the teachers had a lot of complaints against me. I also loved playing soccer.

Background:
I have a family business, but I landed up acting out of nowhere.

Qualification:
I've done my schooling from Bombay Scottish school and my graduation from HR College in Mumbai.

Hobbies: I love reading, playing pool, and going for a bike ride.

Childhood dream: To be a businessman!

Did your parents support you in your choice of career?

Yes, of course. My mother had no qualms about me acting. And today, she's very proud of me and I too feel happy to have made her proud.

Do you recall your first earning?
I worked for a print advertisement of Aptech Computers wherein I was paid 1,000 rupees, out of which they took back Rs 250 as commission. With the remaining amount, I took my mom out for dinner to a vegetarian restaurant.

Did you start your career with acting?
I used to do modelling before acting happened. One fine day, I realized that I'm good at modelling, so why not try my hand at acting as well? Sometime later, I got a call for Left Right Left.

Who's been your favourite co-actor?
I think Sanaya (Irani) has to be my favourite as we've acted together in Left Right Left as well as Miley Jab Hum Tum. And although we've never been paired opposite each other, she's a very good friend.

How's your rapport with your other co-actors?
It's pretty good. We are all good buddies and have no competition. When all of us are on the sets, it's like a house on fire.

Who would you want to act with?

I would want to act with all the good actors like Rani Mukherjee, Konkona Sen Sharma and the Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na actress (Genelia D'souza, we say!). Ya, right! She's very cute.

Are you single?

Yes.

How would you want your dream girl to be?
(Thinks for quite a while) I would want someone like Angelina Jolie, but that's only for dating if you ask me. For marriage, I would want someone who's very simple.

What would be your dream role?

I liked Shah Rukh Khan's role in Chalte Chalte. I would also like to do movies like the ones Al Pacino does.

What do you aspire to achieve in the future?

Obviously, every actor wants to see himself/ herself on the silver screen, and so do I. I'd want to do more of Madhur Bhandarkar sort of movies, like the recent Fashion.

Any other shows that you are currently working on?

As of now, I'm only concentrating on Miley Jab Hum Tum.

Name: Rati Pandey
Date of Birth: September 11
Place of Birth: Assam
About Me: I'm a very jovial and down-to-earth person. Oh God! I shouldn't keep praising myself. Anyways, besides that, I also mingle easily with everyone and can read faces.

Background
: No one from my family is from the media. As soon as I completed my graduation from Delhi, I started modelling. Then Ajai Sinha called me for a show which eventually didn't take off, but I started thereon. I made my debut with Deepti Bhatnagar's show called Shaadi Street and also played one of the main leads in Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai on Zee TV.

Qualifications
: I've done my Economic Honours.

Hobbies
: I like singing, dancing and gardening.

Childhood dream
: I wanted to run my own garment business.

Do you remember your first assignment?

I did a print ad for Suruchi Sarees in Mumbai.

How did Miley Jab Hum Tum happen?

I was doing Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai when I got an offer from a producer to do a show on Star. But it didn't take off. After two months, I was approached for this show. I was very reluctant at first, but later on, I accepted the role and went ahead with it.

How was your first day at shoot?
Be it my first day or any day, I'm always scared and nervous before the shots. I keep on thinking whether I'll be able to cope up or not.

How's your bonding with your co-stars?
Everyone is totally like family to me. I never miss my family when I'm on the sets.

Rati and Nupur-what are the similarities and differences?
Rati and Nupur have many similarities, like both are extroverts, confident, bubbly and intelligent. The only difference I feel is that I'm not as ignorant as Nupur is.

Are you single?
Yes, I'm very much single.

How would you want your dream man to be?

The person in my life would only be my dream man. Nothing specific as such. But I would surely want him to be settled and caring, and he should love me a lot.

Who would you want to work with?
I would want to work with Amitabhji and Aamir Khan.

What do you like most about your job?
The fact that it gives me a chance to play different characters at once.

And something you don't like?
I don't like the present genre of shows with those three shots at once and the camera shifting from the saas, to the bahu, then chachi, then mami'and so on'! Actions and reactions should both be very natural.

Your aspiration?

To work in movies

Source : Gr8 Insian Television Mag , Dec issue 😊
Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cute_Ash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
awww majan are  really sweet friendsss thxxx 4 sharing
smartleo_walo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Thnx Dear ~!~!
Realli Appreciate That ~~!~!

-Walo
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for the article, Shreya!

Did they only do a portion on Arjun-Rati?? Nothing on the other actors?

But nice interview all the same! :-)

Liked Rati's answer about three shots at once.....LOL.
kpcool22 thumbnail
Nyc Article I rlly loved it
It made my day
Thx Shreya
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Agree, Anu... Wow Arjun's favorite co-star is Sanaya, Jenny is going to be overjoyed!!! 😆 Anyways I liked reading the interview, and I'm SO SO SO glad to know he likes reading, seriously... Not enough guys read these days...

Anyways Shreya what is the source of this interview????
Edited by meteora_smt - 15 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Sanaya is an absolute darling, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the fav. co-star of all the ppl on the sets....LOL.

So Arjun reads?? Teeny similarity with Mayank then I guess....haha

btw Sonia, her name's Shreya :-)
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Sanaya is an absolute darling, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the fav. co-star of all the ppl on the sets....LOL.

So Arjun reads?? Teeny similarity with Mayank then I guess....haha

btw Sonia, her name's Shreya :-)

Totally she seems to be this really really warm and radiant girl and seems to always be in such a happy mood ðŸ˜† I'm not surprised.... Actually I think all of them seem to be pretty cool by nature... No wonder they have so much fun in the sets....

Ok, lol I'll edit my post too call her Shreya 😆...
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for it.. very interesting
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hey Thanks 4d artical Shreya..:)
Great question & Nice answers :)
Love
Piya.