New Details on New Moon Movie

Posted: 15 years ago

EW.com has some more details about "New Moon". Keep in mind nothing official has been released yet so this is all still subject to change.

Herez the article: http://www.edwardandbella.net/?p=1208#more-1208

The article states:

• The release date of New Moon is 20 November 09.
  • Speculations says that the studios doesnt want to hire Taylor Lautner as jacob.
  • The budget of New Moon has been increased to $50 million
  • Rumours says Chris Weitz (director of The Golden Compass) has been given the offer to direct New Moon.

We really dont know how much truth this article holds. But it will be really unfair to recast Taylor.I am  not a Jacob fan but I like Taylor. According to the book Jacob must look 25 and be almost 7 feet tall which Taylor isnt..I guess that is why they are thinking to recast him.😕 Taylor has such a cute baby face and they need someone who would look older.The fans of Twilight already know Taylor as Jacob, so if they recast Jacob, then it'll not only confuse the fans, but also anger them.

I would love if New Moon is out by 20 Nov 09, but I think they are rushing the release date..C'mon the shoot havent started and the director is not confirmed. 😕

I wont judge Chrius Weitz as i havent seen the Golden Compass..Twilight series is a hit franchise..whoever steps into, it is guarenteed a $100 million gross.Summit should definitely think about the fans before taking any step.

I heard about Taylor. = [

I'm so upset, they just can't recast him!! no way!! I'm already disturbed and if this is confirmed I don't know what I'm going to do...  : (

Edited by ~@$hm@~ - 15 years ago
omgg..thats not fair=)
he's a  great actor..i think everyone's just great...in the movie..no one needs to be replacedd...wth!
I so agree malz, i don't want any replacements, esp. for Jacob : (
$50 million? Thats it? Summit is just being greedy now..they are going to dish out horrible graphics again..what abt the werewolf transformation CGI?Thats gonna take a load of money,they have to shoot in Italy,sports car etc etc. They are never going to make  a quality film while staying true to the plot with just 50 million dollers..
That is not fair to Taylor at all man! Agree Taylor is only a 16 yr old teen, and he is being replaced because of the demands the book requires from Jacob,  but it is still not fair =(

Once the cast is finalized, and once the face is printed onto our minds, we can't bear to imagine the cast being changed.

I don't like Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale in the movie, but still, if he or any other cast get replaced, it's just pathetic and a thumbs down from me.

I WISH Taylor stays as Jacob =(
i don't like jacob, but Taylor is such a great actor....it would be really wrong if they take him out.....that is just really unfair to him...its sad....i feel terrible for him! Yes people will defintely get confused to see someone else in his shoes....this is really unfair i think....and they should not take him out from the role! Well i have never watched the Golden Compass but i didn't here much about it!! I hope they dont ruin the movies with this new director...not that i know how he works so i can't just judge him!!! But i think they should take it slow with the movie because if they rush then the movies won't turn out as well as we all expect it too! They should take their time and make it a hot movie!! I loved loved loved Twilight the movie and i hope that the other parts are just as awesome!!! i can't wait until the i see more of Edward and Bella!!! I love them!! Thanks for the post yaar. :)
I was just seeing a video of him and he was really excited that he could work for New Moon. & in another video is said he's got a personal trainer so that he could build his body for the next movie.

and I was just about to cry watching that!
He's working hard and then you just replace him?

This is so not true, I hope.
Edited by ~@$hm@~ - 15 years ago
Jacob will always be Taylor for me, regardless of whoever plays it. I might not even watch the movie if he isn't in it .. unless it's someone I like, but just to see how it is.
It's just not fair if they take out Taylor, I understand that he's 16 only and has a cute face, but I'm sure they could work out something.
Edited by Sabrinaa xo - 15 years ago
yea... i want jacob to stay too!
but how are they going to achieve his transformation? 😕