LoveChocolate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
From IAS to Chhoti Bahu
Runina's new course

As Chhoti Bahu rolls out today the lead actress Runina Dilaik is nervous as hell but excited as she kick starts her acting career. She has become an actress against all odds. As she was yet to complete her education her parents were not keen that she accept the role. But the 21 year old Runina pleased both her parents as well as herself. She continued to study via a correspondence course and accepted the role.

On the eve of the launch an animated Rubina Dilaik chats on life before Chhoti Bahu and life hereafter.

Do you relate to the character that you are playing in this show?

I relate to this character to an extent. Like her, I am very content with life and I am strong headed. Radhika has accepted the misfortunes of her life and look at life with a positive perspective. But I am not timid and submissive unlike her.

What were you doing prior to Chhoti Bahu?

I was studying to become an administrative officer. In spite of being good at academics, I was very active in extra curricular activities. I am a national level debater. I have written poems in English. My father has written many books and poems in Hindi and I translate them to English. I had also participated and won two local beauty pageants.

How did this role happen?

My younger sister Rohini and her friend wanted to go for the audition of Chhoti Bahu that was held in a nearby locality and had asked me to accompany them. I went there just to pass time and accompany them. Inside the audition room, every one was tense mugging up the lines and rehearsing for the audition. I snatched a page of dialogues from my sister's hand to know what was so difficult. Just to test whether I too could do it I too mugged up the lines and gave the audition. Just hours after my audition, I was told that I was short listed. Initially, I was shocked how a small town and ordinary looking girl like me could get selected for such a big role when there were so many promising girls aspiring for the same.

So is your sister envious of you?

Yeah. She tells me that I will kill myself but I will never ever ask you to accompany me for any audition. She wants to come to Mumbai once she completes her graduation and become a television actress.

How did you agree to do the show since your plans for life were something else?

Initially I was very apprehensive. In fact, when I was short listed for the second round, I refused to appear for the second round of auditions. I wanted to complete my studies and acting was never on my mind.

How did your parents react to this decision of yours?

My family members were against me taking up acting as a career. I come from a huge joint family set up where I am answerable to every one in the family for every action of mine. Both my parents are very well educated so even I was expected to have a strong academic career. But my mother did not mind me going ahead. She is the only one who stood by me. In fact, when I refused to go for the second round of audition she coaxed me to change my decision. She had faith in me. She convinced my father to allow me to come to Mumbai and act.

It is heard that the channel took a long time to finalise you for this role. Comment.

Yes, they took time. When I came down to Mumbai I was not even finalised. There were other girls competing for the same role. Also the channel was not sure whether I should play this role or the role of Vishakha, the parallel lead. It took almost five months for everything to get confirmed and the shoot to start. There was a point where I had gone into depression as I was far away from home, everything seemed to be dicey and my studies were going for a toss. Now things are no longer the same and I am happier than ever.

Is there someone special in your life?

No and it is tough for me to find that boy as I am too difficult to handle.

What about your studies?

I am continuing my studies through correspondence. Further, I am very clear on doing an MBA but sadly even that will be through correspondence.

What are your plans for the future?

I never plan.

Edited by Nelly34 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jassica thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
hi radhika😛
                  how r u  . i 'm  your big fan from U S A . i realy like your show .😛
jassica thumbnail
hi rubina
                 😊how r u . ilike your acting. can you tale to me. i am you big fan .my email add. [email protected]
jaikishan124 thumbnail
HI RADHIKA, I DO NOT KNOW BY WHAT NAME TO CALL YOU, RADHIKA OR RUBINA. RADHIKA IS THE SWEET NAME OF THE CONSORT OF LORD KRISHNA. READING YOUR QUOTE SOMEWHERE, IN REAL LIFE THESE DO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. EVEN THOUGH I ADMIT THAT IT IS A SERIAL, BEING AN ARDENT LOVER OF KRISHNA, ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE. ALL THIS IS TRUE SUCH AS COMMMUNICATING WITH THE SUPREME LORD DUE TO STRONG LOVE OF THE LORD AND THE LOVER. I HAVE STUDIED LOVE AND THIS IS WHAT EXACTLY HAPPEN WHEN TWO INDIVIDUAL ARE IN LOVE. WHEN ONE ENGAGE IN THOUGHTS, THE OTHER PERSON FEEL IT IN THE FORM OF TELEPATHY. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS FILM BECAUSE IT REFLECTS A LITTLE BIT ON MYSELF. SHOWING A POSITIVE CHARACTER AND ATTRIBUTES OF RADHIKA GIVES POSITIVES VIBES AND ATTRACTION. IT SHOWS SACRIFICING WHICH CANNOT BE DONE BY MANY HUMAN BEINGS. YOU DID SET A GOOD EXAMPLE BECAUSE LOVE IS SO STRONG THAT NATURE AND THE LORD BINDS THIS WITH PAIN AND SEPERATION TO DEEPEN LOVE. WHEN THIS HAPPEN, IF THIS LOVE IS REAL THEN AS RADHIKA YOU WILL BE SITTING IN DEV HEART AND VICE VERSA IN YOUR HEART. THIS IS REALITY. BY AVOIDING DEV, THIS INCREASE ATTRACTION AND ROUSE TENSION WHICH AT WILL INCREASE LOVE FEELING
jaikishan124 thumbnail
as an actress you did very well. i congratulate you. i hope you will do more serials similar to these as you have great personality. Dev also look calm and positive. Can you tell me what is your next serials. Good luck to you and for your future career. Love is the only thing that binds two individual which has been portrayed in this serials.