MERGING/MORPHING - NOT ALLOWED

Posted: 15 years ago
Hello Friends,

Since past few months we have noticed the Merging/Morphing of pictures that has been going on in the forum. It started of with a couple of people and now the entire forum has rolled into Merging Business.

EXAMPLE 1
EXAMPLE 2
EXAMPLE 3

Taking the original photos and putting desired faces of your favourite actor/actress is wrong as you are messing  with the copyrights of the original photos.Not only Telly stars but the photos of Bollywood celebrities are being badly morphed and turned into signatures, but what about the copyrights? Violating the original copyrights of the photos and then putting your own name tag is fraud.

The fans of those stars are getting offended  and I am sure if ever the stars visits our site they will neither find it impressive

I have talked to Vijay bro about this matter, and he has issued this new rule.

MERGING/MORPHING OF PICTURES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON INDIA-FORUMS

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Direct Link  Posted: 03 December 2008 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Hello,

Yes its wrong as this is just the beginning and will become a bigger problem if we do not address it now.

I think the members posting this kind of has to be asked not to do that.

Regards,
Vijay

We all expect you to abide by the new rule.

Signatures/Icons which has been made from the morphed pictures will not be allowed on IF henceforth.

It is impossible to remove/trash all the signatures that has been made with the morphed pics, so we request you all to not make them in future and also remove if you have one in your sigbox asap. Its very difficult for us to scan through each and every gallery/shop and warn the members to stop using morphed sigs or make sigs with morphed pics.Thus its a sincere request if you see anyone using any such sigs/avatars then please ask them to remove it. If not then hit the REPORT button to bring it to the DT members attention.

Regards,

A/S DEV TEAM

Edited by Ananya_A - 15 years ago
ok yup i noticed tht from some time but since didnt knew thts a prob now i will see tht nobody do tht:)
aww so sorry never thought from this point of view , will stop merging from now !!

thanx guys ~ 😃
Completely agree, thanks for posting this!

-Mahi

Thanks for this! :)
I have a question though...what if we're not morphing faces or anything but taking out one person's whole body and adding another's in....for example if someone wanted a siggie of a couple that hasn't worked together such asss....KSG and Aamna haha just an example...and suppose they used a cap of Armaan/Ridzy standing beside each other...but they took out the half of the cap that had Ridzy and added in a full body pic of Aamna...it's not really morphing...in a way its merging but i'm not sure whether it's an insult to Ridzy fans (me being one of them) because her body isn't being used in the siggie, it's just Karan's pic which is being used :)

LOL okk that was slightly confusing to understand....i hope someone gets what i'm trying to ask haha
Noted Ananya! :) I can understand how that's offending to the original people..
OMg soo happy with this new rule thakns so much for posting this . i just hope people wil stop merging pic
oh thanks for informing..
personally i dont have a problem
okay thanks for letting us know 😊
Will take out one merged siggy I have in my gallery.
Thanks 4 the info ! Totally agree with it !!