Harshad Articles in GR8 and Showtime.... - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by maya123

Thanks for sharing this Payal. Would love to read both the articles in its entirety.

A lot of time has gone by since the advert was placed by starplus/BT, so reaction to this article is a bit delayed, in my opinion.

The ad/publicity stunt was done in poor taste, I agree. And I am not sure it has helped. Pictures of actors are always garlanded when their character passes on in a show, so I am sure seeing that was nothing unusual. But seeing it in a newspaper, with the actual date of birth and without being informed can come as a shocker to people close to him.

From what I can gather, despite all that has happened, HC still attends events held by BT and Starplus and from the looks of it is still in their employement.

So the cynic in me wonders if this is late outrage to what has happened is not another publicity stunt.

Maya

I totally agree with you Maya on this part..............I'm also wondering why HC is still attending these events held by BT ( latest Diwali party ) & Star after they did such a lowclass act , also without his knowledge...........makes me wonder tooo 😕. Also I cannot help to wonder why this reaction is coming so late nearly one months after it was published 😕 ðŸ˜•
Nevertheless, I still feel that BT & Ekta are such people who can go to any extent just for the money.......😡
Edited by esha - 15 years ago

Thanks for sharing this Payal. Would love to read both the articles in its entirety.

A lot of time has gone by since the advert was placed by starplus/BT, so reaction to this article is a bit delayed, in my opinion.

The ad/publicity stunt was done in poor taste, I agree. And I am not sure it has helped. Pictures of actors are always garlanded when their character passes on in a show, so I am sure seeing that was nothing unusual. But seeing it in a newspaper, with the actual date of birth and without being informed can come as a shocker to people close to him.

From what I can gather, despite all that has happened, HC still attends events held by BT and Starplus and from the looks of it is still in their employement.

So the cynic in me wonders if this is late outrage to what has happened is not another publicity stunt.

Maya

hey maya.  i read an excerpt of the .. (gr8?) article that deepika posted at:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1074782

and my first reaction was to 🤣 

my second reaction was "hmmm, mr. v. b" wants a scripwriting job with some tv-show. 😆

my third reaction was wondering who paid for the ad too.  i think it's star+, no? 

my fourth reaction was wondering who paid "mr. v.b" to dig out this apparently old piece of "outrage".  and here too, i think it's star+. 

apparently star+ are not doing much publicity for the show during the day (in terms of previews, my friend says).  so this could be another way in which they're trying to keep the audience's attention on the show.  apparently the price of print ads is much lower than the price of tv-ads.  they are treating this show very much like a step-child -- has star+ pushed all the balaji telefilms shows (other than this one) out of prime-time slots?  😕

in any case, can't help but feel rather sorry for the actors -- what a random life.  i hope that hc is still on the balaji telefilms payroll, and is not out of pocket while tv-channel/production company fight out their differences....

edit add
payal!  long time no see!  i hope you're having a great time with exams, job? - new life?, happiness.  😆
edit end

Edited by estee - 15 years ago

Thanks for sharing Payal,

what to say, how disgusting and heartless can people get....it must have been soo tough for HC's family -specially his parents  .....what his friends and relatives must have felt on seeing such an ad ......

Thanx for sharing,di..
My god..HC dint know abt it??
it must have been a shock for everybody
hey why dopnt u type the rest a hard punch to ekta and a soft slap to u dear why u stop it!

Maya

You Know Harshad is an actor only at the end of the day at Balaji....He comes...he rehearses and performs his bit and then leaves...He has absolutely nothing to say or do with what happens behind him or after him...so it comes as no surprise to me that he was uninformed about the add in the newspaper...and from what I can gather...HC ,may have been disappointed with the add...but that doesnt mean he disentangles himself from BT and stoops attending their functions...!..or rather calls it quits...thats gonna be another extremme...why should this add and his employment be questioned?!>...He is very much a part of it...and will give his hundred percent for as long as he is committed...and i salute him for that..

I dont know if this picture posting and garland bit has happened before with any other actor...and even if it did too bad...but i am glad that even if this be the first time...some one raised a voice against it...hats off to the journos for bringing this to light...coz it was indeed horrid!...and lets not forget Harshad has been quoted here...and he is the last person I expect to mislead anyone
so there...!

Originally posted by heer hann

hey why dopnt u type the rest a hard punch to ekta and a soft slap to u dear why u stop it!

would you like to elaborate ..wat did you mean by this..
thats really insane act of grabbing TRP'S...
thanx alot 4 dis!!!
man poor Harshu, dint kno abt it....Ekta shud apologize 4 watever she has done!!!

Hi Maya Di... and Thanks Payal....Would love to read both the articles and hopefully should be able to get my hands on the magazine by the weekend... if a kind soul gets it before me , please post ...

No, I dont think so...Both the magazine are monthly magazine..October issue had already been printed when the incident happenned.Obviously they would cover it in the next edition....

Well, it never happenned before in television and from a production company like BT, it was least expected. It was done in poor taste and something not acceptable one bit. It was wrong period.

Ok, let me put it this way, had any one of us had a fall out with the company we were working for, or the company did something against our wishes, we dont go ahead and give in our resignation - do we? I would say it speaks a lot of the character in the guy, that despite all that has happenned, he still attends the events by BT and Star polus. At the end of the day, they are the ones who made him. At the end of the day, he is still true to his profession and to himself and thats what counts. I would say that Harshad by keeping quiet at that time kept a dignified silence and I am happy that he finally spoke out.

Nopes. I dont think so. Rather I think, it was brave on the magazine part to highlight this issue and bring it to public's eyes. No it wasnt a publicity stunt, no it wasnt a masala spinner. It was rather the medium that got the actors point of view across to his fans globally.

Just my opinion - feel free to disagree - Misty

Maya