DOTW: Chemistry or Compatibility?

the_charm thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello friends!

Welcome to another DOTW!

We know both chemistry and compatibility are important in a relationship. But..
  • What is more important in a relationship - chemistry or compatibility?
  • Which one would you rather go for?
~L&F Dev Team~

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-simi- thumbnail
well for me, chemistry is a bonus, if its there, its good because thats how u always feel the spark with ur partner..

but for a long term relationship, compatibility is cruicially important because there's so much more to life than 'sparks' and 'romance'

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I think with true love both will be there even if you ask for them or not!

If two people love each other immensely then the chemistry can never be hidden... it always shows.... Chemistry doesn't mean that the couple has to be extraordinarily beautiful to have that kind of chemistry but true love fuels chemistry anyways.

And with true love comes compatibility too..... That's especially essential in marriage.  If you have to live with each other for the rest of your lives, you might as well have harmony in your relationship, otherwise there's no point, is there?

But if I really have to go for one thing - that would be compatibility as that is a lot more crucial to a good relationship but as I said before if the love is true, chemistry will follow!

-Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 15 years ago
Both replies said it all, and wow well said mystery everything i was goin to say you said. my god i have nothing to say😆

Yes i believe both will exist side by side. In a relationship intially atraction will be more prominent, you will feel the spark more and butterflies etc but as time gets on the spark will be there but subtly, compatability is what drives the relationship on....and sparks come and go....but they both bond you.

I agree true love you will always have both. There will be times when you are comfortabe doing nothing...and there are times when you both are feeling the chemistry more. In love, yeah the chemistry is always there....it doesnt have to be a physical attraction all the time.....

But even i would go for comptability...if this is not there then you dont have anything in common. It is more important to be on the same level and be comfortable with one another than be worried about looking good all the time to make sure the chemistry is there,

Yup In love both will be there...as otherwise you would not be in love....with one another and also...see in dating thats why people go for personality beyond looks as looks age with time....no point being with a person who has good looks but personality of a fish.

lots more to add but later.
roy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
well if ur compatible , u wud have a grt chemistry. so wht comes frst buffalo or the milk😉