Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jeenal20 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: kuttu

Amazing stories and the one with the father and son and Praying hands were truly touching ones. They bring tears into your eyes. Would like to read more of these kinds. A great job

Bye

thanx kuttu
will surly try to post some more

jeenal20 thumbnail
Wait For The Brick

A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he thought he saw something. As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and drove the Jag back to the spot where the brick had been thrown. The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid and pushed him up against a parked car, shouting, "What was that all about and who are you?
Just what the heck are you doing?
That's a new car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money.
Why did you do it?"
The young boy was apologetic. "Please mister ... please, I'm sorry... I didn't know what else to do," he pleaded.
"I threw the brick because no one else would stop..."
With tears dripping down his face and off his chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car.
"It's my brother," he said.
"He rolled off the curb and fell out of his wheelchair and I can't lift him up."

Now sobbing, the boy asked the stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me."
Moved beyond words, the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat. He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair, then took out his fancy handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes and cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay.

"Thank you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.
Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the little boy push his wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was a long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable, but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept the dent there to remind him of this message: Don't go through life so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your attention!

God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us.

It's our choice: Listen to the whisper ... or wait for the brick!

jeenal20 thumbnail

Mothers day

A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundred miles away.
As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing.
He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother.
But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars."
The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose."
He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers.
As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home.
She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."
She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.
The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.

Edited by jeenal20 - 15 years ago
jeenal20 thumbnail

The Rose Within

A certain man planted a rose and watered it faithfully and before it blossomed, he examined it.

He saw the bud that would soon blossom, but noticed thorns upon the stem and he thought, "How can any beautiful flower come from a plant burdened with so many sharp thorns? Saddened by this thought, he neglected to water the rose, and just before it was ready to bloom... it died.

So it is with many people. Within every soul there is a rose. The God-like qualities planted in us at birth, grow amid the thorns of our faults. Many of us look at ourselves and see only the thorns, the defects.

We despair, thinking that nothing good can possibly come from us. We neglect to water the good within us, and eventually it dies. We never realize our potential.

Some people do not see the rose within themselves; someone else must show it to them. One of the greatest gifts a person can possess is to be able to reach past the thorns of another, and find the rose within them.

This is one of the characteristic of love... to look at a person, know their true faults and accepting that person into your life... all the while recognizing the nobility in their soul. Help others to realize they can overcome their faults. If we show them the "rose" within themselves, they will conquer their thorns. Only then will they blossom many times over.

Edited by jeenal20 - 15 years ago
mujer thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful stories. Each one has its own charm.

I always remember the line by W.H. Davies -

What is this life full of care
We have no time to stand and stare

Hoping to read some more beautiful stories
Edited by mujer - 15 years ago
aNsHu_tEjPaL thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
loved the stories.................some of them soo touching and emotional but they all have such beautiful messages......

truly such great stories................

thanks for posting them!!!!!!!!
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
👏 I have read some of them before...but its good to read them again.  Jeenal thanks for posting them.
jeenal20 thumbnail
thanx for the lovely comments
mujer, anshu and kanta di

will surely try to update some more ss
lets see

thanku all of u

Ammukutty thumbnail

Jeenal,

Nice stories!  I' ve read some of them ...it's  very nice to re-read it....would like to read more...Thanks!

Ammu.

kuttu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I think Mothers day was the shortest and the most moving story of the entire lot. It had all the elements . it loked as though it conveyed all the emotions Love, innocence, fear, gratitude. What more...

So do we get to read more of thses kind.
Thankyou for such wonderful stories. It really makes you think.
Bye