Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
For an actor who was branded as wooden, plastic, expression less and criticized for fluttering eyelashes and giggles, she has come a long way. She worked with the best directors, best actors, always endorsed best products, became brand ambassadors for biggest labels still maintaining herself with dignity. She single handedly created her position in the industry.

Most actors who started before or with her are already fading but she is still going strong and competing with the youngest lot vying for the same roles. Now that is an achievement for any female actor in Bollywood where male chauvinism and hypocrisy is rampant.

At the release of Jodha-Akbar, Hrithik said that it is easy for an actor with average looks to get immediate appreciation but when someone is as stunning as Aishwarya, people scrutinize more. Somewhere in mind it is stuck that pretty faces can't act, just like the dumb blonde stereotype. Only when someone removes make-up and applies grease on face do we take them seriously.😆

Anyways, Go Rai! She will always be etched in everyone's mind just like diva Rekha.
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It is interesting to note how a majority of members haveused the thread to state 'I dont really like her..but hate?.'...'you know I am not her fan'..."she is not all that'

I guess it is more effective than "i cant stand her"...😆.

But let me tell you ,if anyone unacquainted with   bollywood were to visit this forum they would get the impression  that the likes of  Vidya Balan,Minissha lamba,Sonam Kapoor,Amritha Rao,Genelia D'souza,Rajeev Khandelwal,Imran khan are the biggest superstars in bollywood😆😆

There is a real world outside.

Girls like us addicted to Tv shows are not  an accurate representation of  the hard realities of Bollywood.

Today is Ash's Birthday..look around the net ,watch the news channels..you will get an idea,what place Aishwariya has among people here in India,and among fans abroad.

Perhaps you would want to wait till tomorrow to prove how much she is indeed "hated"

joie de vivre thumbnail
I don't hate her, but I'm no fan of hers. I have my reasons for not liking her as much as some people do, and none of these reasons have got anything to do with Salman Khan or SRK or Rani or Kareena.
To repete what has now become a cliche, I find her fake and awfully boring.

I have watched some of her interviews, and I was astounded and could only shake my head in wonder. How could any person be so flipping politically correct all the bloody time? Now I understand it is her prerogative to be guarded and all, but the political-correctness does not come effortlessly to her. She struggles and comes up with perfect answers, and when she finds herself unable to come up with the said perfect answer off the bat, we are subjected to the infamous giggle; it is pure horror, because when she laughs, there's nothing funny at all.🤢  She isn't very forthcoming in interviews, she is guarded and prissy, and unfortunately she does not know how to camouflage this. Whilst some may call this being 'dignified', I find it very boring. I'd rather read SRK's narcissistic, self-important but yet witty and frank interviews or Kareena's bitchy, sassy, self-absorbed interviews or heck, even K Jo's paradoxial self-deprecating and self-absorbed inteviews to Ash's perfect, polite interview that'd  bore the pants off me. Oh, and also, her accent on Oprah was a put-on, because that is not she generally speaks. So yeah, I have my reasons for not loving her to bits.

The longevity of Ash's career can be ascribed to her unbelievable, breathtaking beauty. There is no one who is as beautiful as she is in Bollywood, and her looks alone have got her many movies. Jodhaa Akbar, for instance; AG specifically mentioned that he had his heart set on her because she had the 'classical beauty' of a princess. She is not a great actress, though some of her performnces are indeed memorable. She is a decent actress, not sufficiently good enough for me to be a fan, but not embarrassingly bad either (barring some movies like Dhoom 2, Kyun Ho Gaya Na, Bride an Prejudice, and some of her earlier films).
Mistyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

I wasn't trying to change your opinion. Merely giving you an opposite perspective. Now, if  you chose to gather some wisdom from it, none of my business.

How is maintaining silence putting an "act" for the media? If she speaks, she's bad. If she doesn't, she's bad. It's a double-edged sword.

Y'know, she is famous in the West. Not as much as Jolie but compared to many of the other actors working in Bollywood, she is. Will Smith and Daniel Radcliffe citing her as their favourite actress clearly shows that. She refused at least two movies with Will Smith - THE most bankable star in Hollywood, if the overwhelming success of his mediocre Hancock is anything to go by. If that doesn't show her popularity, then I rest my case for the sake of my sanity. And these offers had absolutely nothing to do with the Bachchans. Perhaps her image - or rather, the way she is portrayed - in the indian media has improved after her marriage but what does that show about Aishwarya? It only demonstrates the cheap thinking of the media personel who praise married actresses (Karishma, for example, was officially renamed "Saint Karishma" after her marriage) and degrade unmarried ones (ex. Deepika is newest gold-digger in town or something to that effect).

She DID make her career even if you chose to disregard it. The actresses who started their career at nearly the same time as her aren't getting prominent roles wheras she still gets some of the best roles. Not to mention that she's labelled as 'plastic' and 'ice maiden' but till date, she has worked with some of the best directors, endorsed some great products and been the brand ambassador for international brands. That in and of itself is a huge achievement in an industry that treats women with the shorter end of the stick.

HDDCS was a success due to the multi-starrer cast and the SLB production house which was considered very prestigious at the time. To give Salman the entire credit for its success is incredulous at best. Merely because none of her films were classified "hits" is no reason to claim she was unsuccessful. Between the duration of HDDCS and Dhoom, she did churn out strong performances in Taal (which was definitely a hit), Raincoat, Choker Bali, Kandukondain Kandukondain, HDAPH (if the FF nomination is anything to go by) and Umrao Jaan. Funny how you forgot to mention those.

Regarding the italics - If you are going to make a claim, you should at least support it. It's rather baseless to say she got "support from her ex and current beaus" when you have absolutely no facts to back that claim.

this is my fourth time responsding to this loooooooong Essay , hopefully my computer won't go crazy on me again
Ok so first thing Aish is fake , and that's the vibe i get from all her interviews. Watch any of the Rani, Preity , Kajol or Kareena's interviews and difference can be easily spotted. For instance, when kareena came on KWK..she apologized  to him on national TV for rejecting KhN just for money..now that's real to me.when Aish speaks, everything is diplomatic and plastic. I mean come on lady, You can not talk/act like this all the time as if u are still standing on Ms.World Pagent!
Second, hollywood offers and actors talking about her. Now when Will smith comes to india, he gets asked questions about bollywood actors, and he has to name someone . so he names her caz she is the only one out of all the actors who tried to make career in hollywood.  Otherwise, i never see him talking about her to hollywood press. He could care least about her! If one thinks that she is getting those hollywood offers caz of her acting talent, then just read the reviews of all her flop hollywood movies..and u can see how much they appreciate her "talent"
As for her giving hits after Devdas and HDDCS, ya she gave Taal ( i forgot about that one ) but that's about it..all the other ones after that which u named were BIG FAT FLOPS
and bollywood runs on hits, if actress is giving flops..that means her career is over. And Abhisek himself has said that he "RECOMMeded " Aish for Guru !
In her big ten years career, she barely gave five hits HDDCS, Taal, GURU, dhoom and JA
Devdas was just average...and all other movies FLOPs
so i don't know how she is being put in top ..Rani gave many many many more HITS than her,and has been appriciated in each of her movies.

Lastly, i can't type any more and not have energy to read/write any more eassys. I said everything i had to say. This topic was about why one doesn't like aish.. and i gave my reasons! though i want to make it clear that i don't hate her..that's too strong of a feeling!
Chao😛
Edited by piya_y116 - 15 years ago
joie de vivre thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

It's acknowledged by many articles that Abhishek and Aishwarya didn't start dating until after Umrao Jaan hit the theatres - they cite Abhishek of saying so. As far as I'm aware, the Aishwarya-Vivek alliance was over long before that, sometime in 2005 - correct me if I'm wrong. 

Actually, the tabloids began reporting that Abhishek and Aishwarya were seeing each other in late 2005. That also happened to be the time when it was reported that Vivek Oberoi was dumped. If we are to set great store by the media reports (which, incidentally, many people do), then Aishwarya began going out with Abhishek around the same time she ditched Vivek. So naturally, what most people would assume is that she ditched Vivek for Abhishek; whether or not there is any foundation to this rumour, nobody knows, but nevertheless, it does not do Aishwarya any  favours.
Edited by joie de vivre - 15 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Ash has a beautiful life and it makes no difference to her existence if people hate her...the more you hate her , the more she stares in your face that with those beautiful eyes and that luminous smile which says...." Say what you want.... think what you want... because frankly.... i don't give a damn..."

We are not in Ash's stilettos , so why judge her even when you don't know who did what and why......she is not your sister , not your daughter , not your wife , not your mom , not your friend or enemy... she is just another human-being whom you don't even know. It is okay to dislike somebody instinctively but don't go on the verge of hating them when they haven't harmed you.....

When Ash steals something from her haters , then we'll talk... at least we will have a personal reason to talk about....hehehe
Edited by nitica_82 - 15 years ago
pichchi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nitica_82

Ash has a beautiful life and it makes no difference to her existence if people hate her...the more you hate her , the more she stares in your face that with those beautiful eyes and that luminous smile which says...." Say what you want.... think what you want... because frankly.... i don't give a damn..."

We are not in Ash's stilettos , so why judge her even when you don't know who did what and why......she is not your sister , not your daughter , not your wife , not your mom , not your friend or enemy... she is just another human-being whom you don't even know. It is okay to dislike somebody instinctively but don't go on the verge of hating them when they haven't harmed you.....

When Ash steals something from her haters , then we'll talk... at least we will have a personal reason to talk about....hehehe

True.......people's hating won't stop her from achieving anything...at least she has earned
[in terms of pecuniary & reputation] much more than most......she is probably the most known Indian in the globe... maybe alongside Ghandi....and people can't bear to see it....jealous Indians....if it wasn't jealousy...she wouldn't be called ugly....Never met a man who calls her that....in fact they are spellbounded...
anna143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrbajajisheaven

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a Legend .Whether it is her divine beauty or her amazing carrer,She is a name that noone in Bollwood can reach , Even Biggies like her father in law , Srk , Amir or Rani and Hrithik cant be compared to her cause she is udoubtedly the most sussessful star in Bollywood even with many flps to her crdit .

not Rani-not Madhuri-Not Preity-Not Kajol-Not Kareena and not Priyanka or Deepika.All al might get thousands of crores for their movie and even might get a lil fame out side bollywod like Shilpa sheety but no one is gonna replace Aishwarya Rai because the woman is a freaking Legend .

And please stop talking bout Aish being in a relationship before marriage cause the last time I checked every bollywood actress acts and lives like a western person in bollwood now.Kareena has become the biggest slut 'by changing partners and getting intimate even when she knows the relationship is not gonna last and the rest of actresses arent all that good 'goody either.

Do you really believe ppl will go on and respect ur choice when you cant respect others, to call Kareena a sl*t for being with someone else .. thats just being a hypocrite.. what would you call ASH then from going to salman and then vivek .

For ASH fans : I have nothing against ASH but i just wanted to show this member how she was being hypocritical.
Rabba-Ve-Delena thumbnail

Originally posted by: samilia

Aishwarya did not ask Preity to phone her for the role of Zaara. Preity knew that Yash Chopra wanted Aish for Zaara but it is Srk who asked him to take somebody else because he did not want to work with Aishwarya.

For Rani and Chalte Chalte it's different because Aishwarya had already begun to shoot and Srk replaced her without explanations what is really unfair after that Srk said that he regretted what he made.

Well, in that case, it doesn't matter any how, because form the sound of what you've said, it seems that YRF never offered Aish the role in the first place so there was no need for Preity to call up. But again what you've said contradicts the person I quoted, but all I was saying is its a bit petty to care about a role which you've declined yet have problems with another who chooses to take the role up instead.
Again I don't know the details of the Chalte Chalte case, but its not that easy to kick someone of a film with out giving valid reasons, in the contract there must be something that states that the contract expires on a valid term. lol and you never know, maybe Aish didn't want to do the film because of her boyfriend trouble. Which is not fair on her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

friends_rock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yahan kya chal raha hai? *rollseyes*