Shweta's getting a reality check - Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Shweta's getting a reality check

After Kasauti Zindagi Kay ended, Prerna hasn't been seen in serials, but the beauty is now focussing on reality shows. She is a part of Jalwa 4 2 ka 1, which starts next month and spoke of her experience.

"I am doing more reality shows simply because there are so many of them happening and I am getting many offers," Shweta said, adding that she always found something new to do. "Last time I was a trainer on Yeh Hai Jalwa - and got to learn so many things while training my team," said Shweta, "I learnt I could do comedy, singing, and a bit of dancing. I got the opportunity to reinvent myself. There are so many qualities within us, which we do not know of."
Before this Shweta was a judge on Aajaa Mahi Vey, of which she says: "Judging is the best bit about being on a reality show. When you're a contestant, something or the other keeps affecting you every week, but when you're a judge, you're there on the sets for just a day. You comment on the performances and come back. Much less stressful!"

Of competing, she said: "I am not a good dancer and so I rehearse a lot," said Shweta, "and when you rehearse anything then you naturally start doing that thing well. So then people start thinking that you are brilliant at it. Acting is all about timing and my timing is good so I am pretty confident that I can do comedy also. My competitors like Mika, Rakhi and Shaktiji are best in their forte."

About her judges she says:" I think Satishji can point out flaws in our comedy very well. He is very good actor, director and a brilliant comedian. Mahimaji will judge our presentation and costumes. But there is a twist in the show: every episode we will have a third, celebrity, judge and we will not know him or her at all."

Shweta considers Rakhi a tough competitor and thinks the item girl is the best amongst the contestants.

So what's next for Shweta on the reality show front?

'Since I have been judge and contestant, I want to now anchor a show," lovely Shweta says.

Jalwa 4 2 ka 1 starts November 2.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081029_152

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Wednesday, October 29, 2008