loves me! loves me not! #3 parts 23 to 26(end)

-harika- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

1st thread: loves me! loves me not! - 1 (parts 1 to 11)
2nd thread: loves me! loves me not! - 2 (parts 12 to 22)

PART 23

Ridz: (standing infront of her wardrobe and tapping her lips)[kya pehnuuu?!! hmmm..]
(her face lits up seeing the dress she wore on first day of college..the day it all started)
Ridz:[lets see how he reacts to this..thoda out of fashion hain abhi...par chalega]

In college:
(ridhima is sitting in first bench n waiting for armaan eagerly...he came in n looked at her...smiled n immediately narrowed his eyes and furrowed eyebrows...his smile deepened...went to his place)
Armi: sms - woooo...someone's remembering special days
Ridz: sms - :-)
Armi: sms - love u
(ridz turned back n caught him gazing at her...she blushed n turned)
Armi: sms - oye hoye!!

Break time:
Ridz: (enthusiastically) hey, lets go to canteen [dint see him properly from morning]
Muski: kya baat hain..aaj tu badi khush lag rahi hain?? kal tho badi chup chap thi
Ridz: nahi..bas aise hi [ek din mein bahut kuch ho sakta hain doston]
Anji: gals..u carry on..i wont join u
Ridz: why??
(muskaan hit her with elbow and whispered "atul"..ridhima bit her tongue)
Ridz: [oh ya, i forgot abt them...how stupid of me, everyone's life doesnt change with mine]
Sap: come on anji...atleast try to be normal with him
Anji: please yaar...dont force me
Muski: we r missing u yaar
Ridz: haan yaar...plz ao na
Anji: me too..but.. (sighs) u go ahead
(they leave n anji goes to library...they enter the canteen n see the boys sitting at the last table..with armaan occupying the corner seat...he signalled with his eyes to sit beside him...ridz went n sat...he grabbed her hand under the table immediately)
Armi: (whispers) missed u
Ridz: (surprised smile) armaan!! (in a low voice)
(he smiled naughtily n looked away interlocking their fingers...quashing her attempts to break free)
Atul: Anjali dint join us today also (looking at pepper n salt case on the table...more like talking to himself)
(everyone rose their eyes n looked at each other silently)
Atul: guys, i wont be with u from tomorrow...i know she is avoiding you for me...she deserves to be with u and have fun...i cant ruin ur friendship
Armi: atul, she'll come back to us...u need not do all that ok
Atul: she wont, i know, its me or her now
Sapna: o comeon atul, wats this, you or her!! we cant choose ok...we want both
Atul: ok leave it...enough of sad topics..lets talk something else now
(they talk for a while, have coffee n leave...while walking back to the class..armaan n ridz r walking together..atul comes n taps their shoulders)
Atul: love birds, kya haal hain??
Ridz: Atul!!!
Atul: what? sach hi bola na
(armi n ridz smile)
Atul: he told me how he sneaked into ur house at midnight
Armi: eyy!! i dint sneak in, she opened the door for me
Atul: watever!!
Ridz: neighbours wud have called the cops if i dint let u in, thank me for that ok
Armi: oh ridhima, i m bowled over by your humanity, thank u so much (giving her a quick hug)
(ridz is baffled.. looking around nervously..armaan winked at her n hugged atul)
Atul: what??? why ME??
Armi: just like that..u r my friend na
Atul: nautanki saala!! i know, it was to cover up your PDA
Armi: (chuckles n pats him) samajhdaar hain
(atul is walking ahead towards the classroom..ridz is looking at armaan with fuming eyes)
Armi: woah!! i know u liked it, stop acting now
Ridz: [true!!]
(she erased the frown and smiled)

Evening, at ridz house:
(mobile rings...keerti calling)
Ridz: heyyyy!!
Keerti: ahh!!! finally!! after 3days..does someone bother to tell me wat happened?
Ridz: (chuckles) arey yaar, chill
Keerti: chill ki bachchi...first tell me did u talk to armaan??
Ridz: ya
Keerti: i love you bola??
Ridz: nahi
Keerti: whyyy??
Ridz: kyunki usne bola pehle
Keerti: what?? when? how?..ok, just forget it..dont bother to answer now..i m coming over right now...i have an assignment to finish, but i dont care...woohooo...i m so happy ridzy
Ridz: (laughs) ok ok
(keerti comes to her n listens to the whole thing...smiling dreamily)
Keerti: didnt i tell u from the day i met him...that he loves u
Ridz: yaaa...but listening to those three magical words makes a difference yaar, a world of difference
Keerti: i m happy for you sweety (hugs her)
Ridz: (smiles)
Keerti: hmm...i donno when mine will take this happy turn
Ridz: yours??!! (wide eyed)
Keerti: yaaa...there is this guy in my college..my senior actually...i like him n i think he likes me too
Ridz: hmm..wats his name?
Keerti: shubhankar
Ridz: oooo! bengali??
Keerti: ya..he is a calm person yaar..but i know wat he feels for me
Ridz: how do u know??
Keerti: well, in general, i mean...normally..(ridz nodding)..i am talking abt human beings ok...they can realise if someone loves them...u didnt bcoz u are...(pauses n thinks)
Ridz: youuu!! teri tho (squeezing her neck and shaking her)
Keerti: sochne de na (tapping her chin)
Ridz: mere izzat ka faluda bana rahi hain!!! (hitting her)
Keerti: (laughs) hain kya?
Ridz: kya?
Keerti: izzat
(they fight for sometime chasing around n collapse on her bed)
Ridz: arey yaar, tell him na
Keerti: ya, will do that soon

(one week pass by..armaan n ridz are blissfully unaware of anything going on around them...happy in their own world of newly confessed love..stealing glances in the classroom, talking over the phone latenights, sending sms during classhours)
Break time:
(Rahul walking out of the class..stops infront of anjali)
Rahul: Anji, u can join us now, atul has decided to stay away from us in the breaks
Anji: ahh...i..hmm
Armi: (shocked) whatt?? when did he say that?
Rahul: he told me
(gals r looking at each other confusedly..they go to the canteen..anji is silent all the while...they see atul while coming back... armaan stops n ridz stops along with him)
Armi: atul, wats all this nonsense?
Atul: i donno yaar, i cant see her sad...i've already hurt her by telling my feelings..i dont want her to lose anything now
Armi: aisa kuch nahi hain...bas tumhe apne aage peeche ghumane ke liye ye sab kar rahi hain..girls r like that..just attention seekers
Ridz: (infuriated) wat crap?? how can u say that armaan??
Armi: wat else do i say then, she is overreacting.. cant she be normal with him??
Ridz: i agree they can be friends but it depends on her armaan, she finds it hard to be casual now
Armi: oh ya, hard!! wat was she doing earlier then, she knew he was falling for her, y didnt she do all this then?
Ridz: she dint understand at that time
Armi: u gals dont understand anything, wasnt it the same with u when
Ridz: (pissed off) shut up armaan, dont include me ok, i already told u, i was confused
Armi: hahh!! confused!!
Atul: STOP IT GUYS!!! u've gone mad or wat? dont fight bcoz of me
Ridz: its not bcoz of u atul, how can he assume n generalise things
Armi: it was a fact, i dint assume
Ridz: now who decides wats fact and wats not
Armi: me ofcourse
Ridz: u r so arrogant!!
Armi: yes, i am..u know wat, its u who assume things, u did that just now
Ridz: arghhh!!! get lost!!
Armi: u get lost
(ridz walks off to the classroom without even looking back at them..she dint turn to see him in the class...still angry...by the time class is done, she cooled down)
Ridz: [may be i should check on him]
(she turned back n saw armaan, tension and gloom written all over his face....staring at her...she melted in a flash)
Ridz: [shit!!! he is upset! may be i was rude, i should apologise]
(just then she gets an sms)
Armi: sms - i m sorry
Ridz: sms - its ok, i m sorry too
Armi: sms - when i said u dint understand guys, i meant vicky
Ridz: [O no!! i thought he was talking abt himself...God, y do u take sense out of my brain when i need it the most] sms - sorry, i misunderstood, btw wat did u do 2 him?
Armi: sms - meet me later, will tell u
Ridz: sms - grrrr ok [God, this guy, har cheez mein suspense!!]
(after the college)
Ridz: i m feeling bad for atul n anji
Armi: me too, i know how hurt he is thats y i lost my temper today n argued with u
Ridz: hmm..but wat can we do, we cant make anyone love a person..(sighs)..now tell me, wat did u do to make vicky understand
Armi: u remember i told u we have a common friend?
Ridz: ya
Armi: so, i told him to try n make vicky understand that u r not interested in him, thats y u were avoiding him and it clicked, thats it
Ridz: so simple?!!! y dint u do it earlier then? i was going crazy running away from him
Armi: (laughs) if i did it that so soon, how wud i get a chance to act as your boyfriend n tease u all the while?
Ridz: oo yaaa, u n ur stupid acting idea
Armi: arey yaar, now its true na, we can let it out now atleast
Ridz: no armaan
Armi: (sulking) we cant even hold hands..plz ridz
Ridz: no, abhi time hain
Armi: hmmfff
Ridz: armaan!!
Armi: okayy (sigh)

Next week:
(break time, atul is walking out)
Anji: Atul!!
(atul stopped)
Anji: join us for coffee na
Atul: hmmm..me? (pause) ok
(everyone smiled..atul is back with the gang..though anji n atul would interact less, they were trying to be normal with each other..one day armaan met ridhima outside the class)
Armi: ridz, y dont u sit with me in the last bench
Ridz: no
Armi: but y
Ridz: people will suspect
Armi: O God!! this girl!! u used to sit with us earlier also na
Ridz: ya...but...now its different
Armi: huhh!! wats different?!! tell me
Ridz: (pouting) nothing
Armi: darpok!! bas darte raho, dont talk to me
(he walked off into the class)
Ridz: [y m i getting so apprehensive, may be i m thinking too much, time to get a bit liberal]
(she went n sat beside armaan..his face lit up)
Armi: u have to make me plead for everything is it?
(ridz smiled...class started n armaan is concentrating fully on ridhima...looking at her, grabbing her hand under the desk, writing something on her hand with finger)
Ridz: armaan, stop it
Armi: nope
Ridz: i wont sit here again if u do all this
Armi: no no..plz plz plz
Ridz: ok...listen to lecture now
Armi: nah!!
Ridz: we will fail in exams n stay in the same class, then we can romance one more year, ok? is this ok with u?
Armi: teekh hain meri amma, ridhimaaa...suno lecture...tumhe tho army me hona chahiye..ughh!!
(ridz looked at him from the corner of eye n smiled looking at him taking down the notes)
Ridz: [he is such a cutie pie...i love him to death]
(class is over)
Armi: shall we go on a long ride?
Ridz: sounds cool, when?
Armi: this sunday?
Ridz: ok

Sunday:
(ridz tells that she is going shopping with keerti, informs keerti abt her plan..calls him)
Ridz: armaan, where shall i meet u?
Armi: walk two streets down ur house ok, i will pick u
Ridz: u idiot, sapna's house is two streets away from mine, uske ghar ke saamne milna hain kya?
Armi: ok, walk in other direction then
Ridz: done!
(They go on a long ride...on the highway...ridz hugged him from behind...cool fast air blowing across her face)
Ridz: [awww...this is so nice...just holding him n moving...not thinking abt anything else]
(after a long ride, they stopped at a place to sit for a while)
Ridz: hey, i told my mom i am out for shopping, i need to buy something before going home
Armi: ok, no problem
(they talked all the way back...n went to the mall...waiting for lift...lift opened and its empty...they entered n armaan grabbed her swiftly n slammed his lips on hers as soon as the lift closed... ridhima was getting nervous that the door may open any moment n it would be so embarrassing to get caught in that position...she broke the kiss n moved back looking at him incredulously)
Ridz: armaan!! we just had to go 4 floors up..door may open anytime and you
(armaan turned her towards the panel where he kept his finger on the 'door close' button..armaan stared at her smugly..she looked away biting her tongue...he removed his hand n door opened)
Armi: ahem..so, wat do u want to buy?
Ridz: anything
(just browsed through the shops for a while...clothes, accessories, shoes...commenting on wats good wats bad wats weird...she bought a chudidar and they went home)

ahem ahem...maarne ke liye sab tayyar ho?? lol...i know, pehle tho late update oopar se short one...guys, i wasnt well n couldnt write...i thought of posting a long part but that would mean more delay n u guys would have literally shot me dead with your AK47 comments...so, i posted this one for my survival😛i m very much aware of how boring this one is🤢

Guys, i hate to say this but i m going to end this ff in the coming 2-3 parts. One reason is that i m getting very busy at my work and now i need to concentrate more there, leaving me very less spare time and second,i dont want to see myself writing boring stuff and i know its bound to happen because after the confession,there will be a heavy dip in the enthusiasm and interest levels as my ff's main theme was around the mystery of armaan's feelings. The main reason i dint end it at confession was that there are some small things i wanted to write and also channelise some side tracks.

One more important note is that i am going to stop sending pms, i m very sorry for that😭...my pm list is very long and it takes me more time to send pms than to write the parts. I would love to inform everyone abt my updates but its getting very difficult guys, please understand.

PART 24

(4months passed by...one afternoon all went to sapna's home...talked for a while when muskaan and rahul got up)
Rahul: guys, excuse us
Ridz: why? where r u going?
Sap: ridz!! (with wide eyes)
Ridz: what??
(sapna shook her head in disbelief)
Ridz: [huh!! wats happening, am i missing something here??!!]
(rahul n muskaan looked at each other)
Anji: u go ahead
Rahul: we wont lock the door, just knock before coming in
Armi: we wont disturb u man!!
(they left smiling)
Ridz:[oh shit!! i m such a dumbo...they just wanted some privacy]
Sap: they needed some time alone ridz
Ridz: (guilty face) ya, i understood now, i hope i dint embarrass them with my questions
Anji: well... u did
Atul: ok, leave it..lets do something
(ridz looked at armaan..he is looking at her angrily..ridz is confused..went n sat beside him)
Ridz: what?? y r u so angry at me?
Armi: if we had told them abt us, we could have spent some time together..they r our friends u see, they have the right to know
Ridz: hmm..i know..but no
(armaan looked at her with daggers in his eyes..n she found it funny for some strange reason)
Ridz: u r looking cute
(daggers in his eyes grew sharper)
Ridz: ok ok, i m sorry

(by each passing day they r growing closer and ridhima's inhibitions were faidng away..she wanted to hug armaan, kiss him, just be in his arms for a while..but they never found a chance to be alone...one day they r in library..near the racks...ridz feels sudden urge to kiss him..looks around...no one else in the row...she quickly moves n kisses his cheek)
Armi: (smiles n whispers) thank you
Ridz: (giggles) thank you?!!
Armi: ya, u could think of this, thats a big thing u see
Ridz: after so many days na...but wat to do armaan, we r always surrounded by people
Armi: i told u to not throw me out of ur house that day..u dint listen to me
Ridz: ya, i regret now
Armi: yaar, y r ur parents not going anywhere, tell ur relatives to get married na
Ridz: (laughs) wat reason should i cite? plz get married bcoz i want to kiss my boyfriend leisurely?!!
Armi: u really want to?? (looking passionately)
(ridz lowered her eyes)
Ridz: armaan, take me somewhere...just u n me...i want to be with u for sometime
Armi: hmmm...where...where..(thinking)...hmm..r u ready to bunk the class?
Ridz: okay..anyway i have no mood to attend classes today...came to college just to see u
Armi: oye hoye, ridhima gupta, the topper is ready to miss the classes...kya baat hain!!
Ridz: kya kare!! sangat ka asar hain!!
Armi: tum nakhre bahut karti ho yaar, i dint know this earlier
Ridz: u'll know many things dear...just wait
Armi: oooo,we'll see...ok then, we'll go to my house..right now, thats the only decent place i can think of to take you....arnav may come home soon, otherwise its empty
Ridz: [as much as i want to be with him, y do i feel as if i am doing something wrong...i know my limits but...] armaan...is this wrong??
Armi: wat is wrong?? bunking classes?
Ridz: no, thinking of some privacy
Armi: i dont think so...nothing is wrong as long as u dont hurt or harm anyone
Ridz: hmm (still thinking)
Armi: lets drop the idea if u r hesitant
Ridz: no, i m fine
Armi: ok, lets go then
(they went to the parking area...he smiled looking at his bike)
Ridz: what??
Armi: my bike had the foot guard on one side..i removed it that day in the college before we went shopping for ur dad's shirt
Ridz: (surprised) kyaaa??
Armi: ya..wat all i did to come near u...phew!! hardwork!!
Ridz: i was struggling to sit there at the back without falling on u
Armi: (giggles) i know
Ridz: monkey!!!
(she got onto his bike)
Armi: hey...how come people wont suspect now when they can suspect if u sit beside me in class?
Ridz: (irritated) okay u go, i'll come in taxi (getting down and walking away)
Armi: (holding her wrist) hey, just kidding...
(ridz turned smirkng)
Armi: its so easy to irritate you!!
(she narrowed her eyes)
Armi: haha...tumhara naam tho...(ridz fuming) ok, i better shut my mouth now (dropping his head)
Ridz: (demanding) chalo ab!!
(armaan opened and closed his mouth crossing his hands on it showing an attempt to control his tongue...ridz giggled...they went to his house)
Ridz: i like ur house
Armi: good...afterall, its going to be ur house, eventually
(ridz smiled and hugged him quickly when they got in..he hugged her back n held her for a while)
Ridz: i can stay like this forever armaan
Armi: (kissing her forehead) me too
(they went in...ridz went into his bathroom to freshen up...washed her face...she came out and saw him with towel in his hand...he came forward but instead of giving the towel moved closer n sucked the water drops on her chin...she shivered...he smiled n wiped her face)
Armi: u want to eat something?
Ridz: no, not hungry
Armi: even if i make?
Ridz: wow!! then yes!
(armaan made omelet for her..they came n sat in sofa infront of tv)
Ridz: yummmy!! wow armaan!! this is the best omelet i ever ate
Armi: hehe..thanks
Ridz: decided then, u will cook after marriage
Armi: aaha...high hopes...i wont!!
Ridz: u cant eat if i cook..soch lo
Armi: no problem, i will adjust
Ridz: (pouting) hmmff
(he pulled her towards him n kissed her cheek..she smiled)
Armi: i will cook..lets get married (he paused n ridz is nodding with mouth full) now!!
Ridz: (astounded) WHATTT??!!! (coughing...he gave her water to drink patting her back)
Ridz: wat did u say?
Armi: ya, lets get married...we can live together then
Ridz: (shaking her head in disbelief) u have gone mad!!
Armi: why??
Ridz: wat do u mean by why? is this an age to marry?
Armi: we're at the age permissible by law
Ridz: oh really?!! how informative!!
Armi: see, i m 21 and u..hmm.. wats ur age?
Ridz: 20
Armi: perfect!!
Ridz: nonsense!! and u r 21 becoz ur bday is gone this year, otherwise u r just 5months elder to me..21 it seems!! (arching down her lips)
Armi: watever!! think abt it
Ridz: i m still sane to think abt it...we're still in college armaan!!
Armi: hmm...(sinking his head in her neck) i love u
Ridz: i love u too
Armi: then lets get married
Ridz: [again?!! okayy...lemme play this..haha] actually..armaan, i..hmm
(armaan became attentive)
Ridz: i love u but ...hmm...i m not sure if i want to marry you
(his face turned grave..after few seconds, ridz burst out laughing)
Ridz: Oh My God!! see ur face!
Armi: youuu!!
(he started tickling her..she jumped out of sofa)
Ridz: no...no..plz
(he gripped her n continued tickling)
Armi: say sorry
Ridz: no...aahh..hahaha..ok sorry
Armi: say i m the best
Ridz: i m the best
Armi: aaha, trying to trick me?!!..say armaan is the best
Ridz: haha...armaan is the best
Armi: say u'll marry me
Ridz: i'll think
Armi: really?!! think right now!!
Ridz: armaaaan!! (catching breath) ok ok, i'll marry u
Armi: good!!
(he left her but again pulled her back into a hug)
Armi: dont ever say that again..not even for fun
Ridz: i wont
(she looked at him...his eyes full of love...she moved forward n kissed him..which turned into a long passionate one..when they broke apart)
Ridz: armaan, u dont have to ASK me abt marriage...its obvious when we love each other right?
Armi: ya, but when?
Ridz: huh!! after 3-4 yrs
(her thoughts went towards marriage...and her parents)
Ridz: wat will my parents do when we get married, they'll be left alone
Armi: dont worry, we'll take care of them
Ridz: i m falling for u more with each passing day
Armi: i cant fall any further, i've hit the rock botton already (smiles)
(the door bell rang breaking the conversation..armaan opened the door)
Arnav: hey bro, so soon?!...(sees ridz..surprised) hi ridzy...no no...hi bhabhi!!
Ridz: haiii...how r u? (pleasantly surprised at his new way of addressing)
Arnav: perfect! as usual
(they spent some time seeing their pictures in his computer, arnav n ridz teaming up against armaan, teasing him, imagining armaan cooking for the rest of his life...playing caroms)
Ridz: see, one player less...arnav, do something man! do u have a grilfriend??
Arnav: nah!! i told u i love u, even before bhai confessed..but u dint accept my proposal, my heart is broken, cant think of anyone now (making a sad face)
Ridz: ohhh!! so sad!! 2mins of silence for ur broken heart..my condolences (closing her eyes n lowering her head..arnav did the same)
Armi: abbey, dramebazi bandh karo dono
(ridz n arnav started laughing...after playing for a while..ridz went back home)

(next week, a day before ridz birthday)
Armi: ridhima, shall i come to ur house at 12?
Ridz: NO
Armi: pleaasee
Ridz: r u nuts?? mom n dad will be there
Armi: FINE!! celebrate with them..u dont need me right
Ridz: armaan!!
Armi: okay okay

(he called her at 12 sharply)
Armi: happy birthday!!
Ridz: thanks
Armi: open ur bag
Ridz: which bag?
Armi: ur college bag
(she opened the bag thoughtfully)
Ridz: opened
Armi: take ur notebook out
Ridz: done
Armi: flip the pages
(she did and found a greeting card, opened n read it)
Ridz: (smiles) thanks
Armi: open ur bag now
Ridz: again?! ok
Armi: there is a gift lying there somewhere under the books
(ridz searched n found it..opened to see a thin gold chain with a pearl pendant)
Ridz: AWWW!!! (gaping at it)
Armi: u liked it?
Ridz: its beautiful!!
Armi: i know, all my choices are beautiful, including u
(ridz blushed)
Armi: i wish i was there to see u blushing
Ridz: right now, even i want u to be here, missing u soo much
Armi: (excited) shall i come then?
Ridz: no no
Armi: darpok!!
(they spoke for sometime n went to sleep)

Next day:
(ridz getting ready to go to college)
Ridz: [shall i wear the chain? but wat will i tell if mom asks? i'll do onething, i'll take it with me]
(she went to college n evryone wished her..armaan came... wished her n glanced her bare neck.. frowned n went to his place)
Armi: sms - y dint u wear it?
Ridz: sms - its gold armaan, wat if mom asks?
(no reply from him...she turned back..he is disappointed and angry)
Ridz: sms - i m wearing it now
(she wore it n turned back..he gave a broad million dollar smile)
Armi: sms - looking good on u

Coffee break:
Anji: hey ridz, nice chain, birthday gift?
Ridz: (smiles) ya
Sap: who gave it?
Ridz: (tensed) hmm...woh..hmm...mom n dad
Muski: nice!!
(her phone beeped indicating a message)
Armi: sms - coward!!
(she looked at him...he is looking at her with a straight face)
Ridz: sms - shut up!!
(after the break..walking towards class)
Ridz: armaan, y did u have to give such expensive gift
Armi: nah!! not so expensive
Ridz: where did u get the money?
Armi: had been saving since some days, no problem..ok listen, meet me in library after this class
In library:
(she is searching for him near the books when he dragged her into a corner)
Ridz: ey...kisi ne dekhliya tho?
Armi: O God!! y r u so cautious ridhima, for once plz forget evrything n think abt us
Ridz: hmm
(he kissed her cheek)
Armi: your "happy birthday" kiss
(she kissed him)
Ridz: your "thank you" kiss

thats part 24. no much progress in story, just some AR moments. hope u njoy it.😊

PART 25

(ridhima looked around to see if anyone saw them..armaan moved her to a side and covered her blocking people's view)
Armi: happy?? ab bolo
Ridz: (smiles) kya
Armi: u liked this? (tracing the chain down her neck with his finger and fiddling with the pendant)
Ridz: hmm (quivering slightly)
Armi: u like pearls right
Ridz: ya, they look
Armi: (interrupting) pure...like u (looking straight into her eyes ardently)
(she lowered her eyes and lifted them again to see his burning gaze)
Ridz: dont look at me like that
Armi: like what?
Ridz: armaan please
Armi: (smiling mischeviously) whom should i see then?
Ridz: i donno
Armi: shall i look at other girls...by the way, my whole fanclub is waiting
Ridz: shut up, dont see me, dont see anyone
Armi: arre, ankhen hain tho dekhunga na...i m going..to see my pretty fans (turning to go)
Ridz: eyyy (holding his collar)
Armi: woah!! violent version of chasmish!! i am scared (faking a shiver)
Ridz: arghhh!! monkey!! i m leaving
Armi: hey wait wait, wats the hurry?
Ridz: (frowning) nothing
Armi: tumhara fuse kitna jaldi off hojata hain yaar...ok, lets go...our gang must be waiting
(walking towards the exit)
Armi: u r very possessive
Armi: and i like it
(arjun came to them)
Arjun: hi ridhima..hi armaan
Armi: hi
Ridz: (hesitantly) hi (looking armaan at an angle)
Arjun: i am arjun
Ridz: i know (bit her tongue mentally)[i should have pretended like i donno him, that day i went n see him n now i said i know him...thats it, i m gone today..armaan ke haatho]
Arjun: (smiles widely) happy birthday
Ridz: thanks
Arjun: okay, bye
(ridz turned towards armaan with a guilty face...he is looking at her seriously)
Ridz: i know.. u r angry that i said i know him, sorry!!
Armi: hmm...thats not the point ridhima, i could see the love in his eyes...its going to hurt him
Ridz: but wat can i do?
Armi: yes u can, the sooner he knows abt us the better for him (ridz opened her mouth to speak) i know i know u r not yet ready, the reasons for which i never understand n i doubt if u even have any..so, lets go
(all of them went out..she cut the cake...ate some applied some on faces...had dinner and dispersed.... armaan dropped her home)
Ridz: armaan, r u still angry abt that arjun thing?
Armi: slightly...u r a newborn today, so sab maaf...jee le...but i think u r taking a bit longer to make up ur mind
Ridz: (thoughtfully) hmm
Armi: cheer up now....goodnight kiss? (moving forward)
Ridz: (running) NO...bye
Armi: bye

(From next day, armaan would not leave a chance to pester her about not wearing his gift..saying filmy dialogues..next week, he stopped her in the corridor)
Armi: see, u dint wear it today also, me and my gift have no value
Ridz: hey bhagwan!! (smacking her forehead)
Armi: (smiling naughtily) y r u disturbing him now, i spoke truth right?
Ridz: OKAY!! i dont give you any value..happy?? 
Armi: who will be happy hearing such words from his girlfriend...poor me!! (wiping his fictional tears)
(ridz smiled looking at his puppy face and ruffled his hair..he looked at her seriously)
Ridz: oh, i forgot u get irritated if anyone touches ur hair
Armi: actually..no, i like it when u do that...i lied so that u'll do it whenever u want to irritate me, which is quite often
Ridz: aahhh!! u r impossible!!
Armi: i know (raising his collar)
Ridz: there must be something that irritates you truly...wait, i will definitely find out
Armi: all the best
Ridz: no thanks
Armi: ok, so back to the main topic, y dint u wear the chain? (leaning to the wall)
(ridz stormed off shaking her head...she closed her ears with hands when she heard his evil laughter from behind)

Next week:
(one day, armaan wore the shirt she gifted on his birthday)
Ridz: [aaaah! he looks amazing in this one...i feel like leaving everything and keep staring at him]
(she was turning back often that day to look at him..she was busy doing that followed by blushing everytime when someone called her name..she recognised the voice after hearing it twice)
Ridz: (frightened) yes sir!!
Sir: if u r not interested in the class, u can go out
Ridz: (hanging her head with shame) sorry sir
(sir shot a demeaning look and continued the lecture)
Armi: sms - kya hua?
Ridz: sms - was looking at u :(
Armi: sms - hahaha
Ridz: sms - pyar ke side effects ;)
Armi: sms - :)

After 1 month:
(ridz is coming out of the library when arjun sprang up infront of her suddenly)
Arjun: hi
Ridz: (flurried) ah..ya..hi
Arjun: how r u?
Ridz: (fake smile) fine
Arjun: i love you ridhima
(Ridz is appalled...staring at him with a dumb face..jaw dropped, eyes widened and brain benumbed)
Arjun: i m waiting for your answer
(he snapped his fingers infront of her eyes)
Arjun: helloooo...ridhima
Ridz: haan?!! ya
Arjun: do u like me?
Ridz: no..i mean..i donno u..so..i..
Arjun: u want time?
Ridz: (searching for words) no no, i..[O God!!! wats this??!!]
Arjun: i will wait
Ridz: i m committed [SHITT!!! did i say that? did i really say that just now?!! Gosh!!]
Arjun: (highly disappointed) ohhh!!! i dint know..(pause) may i know who he is
Ridz: [hey bhagwan, ab kya bolu.. i should not complicate further.. will tell the truth] armaan
Arjun: armaan!! oh...i must have guessed (in a low voice looking at the floor thoughtfully)
Ridz: i m sorry
Arjun: i thought...u r single
Ridz: hmm...no, i m not...sorry again
(they stood there for a few seconds silently)
Arjun: ok..bye
Ridz: bye
(she walked in to canteen, still in daze..everyone is seated there)
Atul: hey ridz
(ridz collided with a guy walking..muttered a sorry n turned to her friends)
Muski: r u alright?
Ridz: yes..no..i mean...i donno (slumped in the chair holding her head)
Anji: kya hua, itni confused kyu hain?
Ridz: arjun proposed
All: oooohhhh
Armi: what?!! when??
Ridz: just now..when i was coming here
Armi: wat did u say?
Ridz: i told the truth armaan
Armi: yes!! yess!! yesssss!!!! (jumping and punching his fist in the air)
(everyone is looking at them with the most confused faces ever)
Anji: y is he jumping...like a frog...and wats the truth?? guys, i m so lost, somebody tell me wats going on!!
Sapna: i m as clueless as u yaar, kya horaha hain.. armaan, ridz
(atul, rahul n muskaan r smiling...seeing each other..armaan slumped in the chair n smiled leaning back..ridz also sat..looked at him n both smiled)
Ridz: we r in love
(sapna n anji shook their heads..at once said "kyaaa??!!")
Armi: ya, u heard it right
Muski: hame pehle se shak tha
Sapna: tho hame kyu nahi bataya??
Rahul: sirf shak tha yaar, kaise bolte
Anji: atul, y r u so silent, looks like u knew this
Atul: hmm...ya, kind of...armaan told me
Anji: how mean!! n u dint tell me..i mean..u dint tell us
(there was bright spark in atul's eyes for a second...he gave a light smile..anji looked away)
Armi: he knew even before i told ridhima
(then they demanded the whole story...armaan n ridz told them)
Rahul: armaan, chupa rustum...2 years!! how cud u wait man!!
Armi: woh chod...i m waiting from 6months for her permission to tell u guys
Muski: too bad ridzy...we were suspecting that he loves you...but we dint know it was from so long..n that too mutual...wah wah
Sapna: armaan!! wat were u saying, love is blind ha? must be wearing glasses,really?? now who is blind
Armi: see, she is my love n she wears glasses, so i was right na
(ridz hits him)
Sapna: and you, miss innocent...y did u stop him from telling us
Ridz: yaar, i wasnt convinced that u ppl will accept us, i mean as a pair...
Anji: Gosh!! ridzy, wat made u think so...u make a lovely pair
Ridz: no, u guys always teased me abt my looks...so...
Anji: that was for fun!! u look cute when u r pouting, thats y...brainless creature, u took it seriously?!! i cant believe this (wide eyes)
Muski: haan yaar, trust us, u r perfect for each other
(everyone smile happily and go towards the class)
Armi: finally!!! u've been stopping me all these days n u urself let the so called "secret" (making quotes) out..n that too u told arjun....leaving all our friends (giggling)
Ridz: ya, i was caught offguard, i just blurted out...n dont laugh at him ok, bechara
Armi: hmm, but seriously i love that guy man!! he did wat i cudnt do from all these days..i am at peace now
(ridz is thinking deeply)
Armi: ridhima
(she is still lost)
Armi: ridhima, y r u so disturbed?
Ridz: i donno armaan...now, everyone will know abt us...and i m still not comfortable with this
Armi: and you'll never be, this is the way things workout for you ridhima, u need something to push u ahead, u wont do things on ur own...remember wat i did abt the monitor thing?
(ridz nodded pouting)
Armi: dint u hear wat they said? we r perfect for each other
(ridz still silent)
Armi: okay, lets do this..first tell me wat makes u think you dont deserve me
(ridz stared at him)
Armi: come on, speak out
Ridz: i donno armaan, lets go to the class, we r late
Armi: we can go 5mins late...now dont avoid the talk...open up
Ridz: may be the way i look
(turned her holding the shoulders and cupped her face)
Armi: u r beautiful ridhima, from inside and outside...some people may agree, some may not... but that doesnt matter... u cant impress everyone in this world, no one can, so dont try to...just be yourself, your real
self...thats who i fell in love with...my cute chasmish!! (pulling her cheek)
(ridhima is listening carefully)
Armi: is there something about ur looks that u want to change? that may make u feel better? mind u, its for u..not others
Ridz: may be glasses...but...(pauses thinking)...u r right armaan...i shouldnt change unless i see the need to change..i will go for lens when doctor recommends, when i really need them...u like me like this right?
Armi: absolutely
Ridz: ok (with twinkling eyes)
Armi: good...arre yaar, y do u keep turning me into a moral science teacher?
Ridz: (giggles) u fit that role well, wat say?
Armi: yeah, i have a backup career...hey, anything else u want to change? wearing sexy short skirts? (winks)
Ridz: noooo (hits him and entangles her arm with his)
(he looks at her arm n smiles...they start walking to the class...ridz is again lost in thoughts)
Armi: wat now?
Ridz: hmm..i was thinking if i should tell my parents
Armi: woohooo...today is a lucky day...chasmish is turning brave
Ridz: armaan, i m serious
Armi: ok ok, i always wanted to be open abt us, u were the one hesitating...but, y so suddenly?
Ridz: i dont want them to know through some outsider, its better i tell them..my dad knows some people in college, so u know, they may..
Armi: hmmm...u r right...shall i be with u when u tell them?
Ridz: no, let me talk first
Armi: u think they'll have any problem?
Ridz: may not..they like u...lets see
Armi: wat if they dont approve me? (worried tone)
Ridz: lets be positive armaan, we can convince them
Armi: yaa, but incase they dont agree...i m just asking..wats there in a question?
Ridz: a lot...if i have to answer, i need to put myself in a place where i have to choose between u n them...n i dont want to even imagine myself in that situation
Armi: you love them a lot, is it?
Ridz: ofcourse
Armi: and me? (with curiosity n nervousness in his eyes)
Ridz: dont u know?
Armi: i want to hear it from u
Ridz: i love you...ok?
Armi: whom do u love more?
Ridz: stupid question..i wont answer
Armi: escapist!!
Ridz: watever!!
Armi: if u ask me the same thing, i'll say ur name without thinking for a moment
(ridz stopped and looked at him...his eyes full of love, voice so genuine...she looked away)
Ridz: [can i ever be like him? waiting for years... loving without any limits...so deep..so honest]
(he nudged her with his elbow...nodded his head questioningly)
Ridz: armaan...i m their only child... i donno wat to say
Armi: dont say anything ridhima, i understand...u r right, my question is stupid, will never ask that again
Ridz: (relieved) hmm
Armi: by the way wat did u think abt future?
Ridz: dont tell me u r thinking abt marraige just after final year
Armi: nah!! i was talking abt career..who's desperate abt marraige now, ha? bolo bolo
Ridz: ok stop it now...hmm..career..dint decide yet, u?
Armi: hmm..may be MBA
Ridz: we r 20mins late, u think sir will let us in?
Armi: arre haan yaar..kya kare? chalo wapas canteen chalte hain
(they see atul n go near him)
Armi: hey, u dint go to the class?
Atul: dint feel like attending
(they go to canteen...atul is looking depressed)
Ridz: atul, wats the matter?
Atul: nothing new yaar, my same old tragic love story
(ridz n armi looked at each other..atul continued)
Atul: people say u shouldnt expect anything in love... true love is only abt giving...sounds good in movies and novels but it is so damn hard to implement in real life yaar...afterall i am a human being, how can i not expect her to love me back...is it too much to ask for?
Armi: no man!! u deserve her!!
Atul: after so many days, she spoke to me normally today, i m so happy (smiling dreamily)...u must be thinking i m crazy.. excited abt such small silly things
Ridz: no atul, we can understand, every small thing matters in love
Armi: ridhima, tum samjhao na anji ko
Ridz: samjhane se koi kisise pyaar karta hain kya? she herself must feel it
Atul: i donno if i can even expect things to change
Armi: dont lose hope atul, everything will be fine
Atul: hmm
Ridz: [y is he giving him false hopes, who knows wat future holds for them...ye armaan bhi na]
(they spoke till the next class starts n went back to classroom)

After the college:
Armi: r u going to talk to ur parents today?
Ridz: hmm...let me see...depends on their mood...i m so tensed armaan, how will i say?
Armi: simple, go n tell ur mom, "mom, i love armaan"..thats it
Ridz: aaha...not so easy!! can u say the same to ur mom?
Armi: yes, i said
Ridz: (surprised) said??!! u told them?? when??!!
Armi: (scratching his head) actually, few days ago...i n arnav were fighting, i refused to give him my bike bcoz he roams on it till the last drop of petrol n i have to drag it to the petrol bunk everytime...ughh!! he is such a pain!!
Ridz: dont u think u r sticking too much to the actual topic?
Armi: ehh?!! oh ok...(sheepish smile) so he was blackmailing that he'll tell mom abt us... we were so lost in our fight, we dint realise when mom came into the room..she asked and i told her..she must have told dad
Ridz: wat did she say?
Armi: she said she was guessing...she is fine with it, she likes u ...how can anyone refuse u ridzy?
Ridz: (smiles) hmm...i m getting some confidence now... hope it goes as smooth it went in ur house

PART 26

Ridhima's home:
(she thought for a long time about how to start the conversation..she went out of her room...padma is in kitchen...shashank is in the hall...she stood in between)
Ridz: [i'll speak to ma..she will understand easily](stepped into kitchen)[but she is over-protective about everything...she still treats me as a kid, she may think i am not old enough to decide such things](she took her steps back..again standing in the middle)[i will tell papa, he supports me even when mom doesnt](stepped towards him)[but doesnt it sound strange talking to him abt love...mom is a better choice](again stepped back)[[ma... no... papa... no.... ma... no....arghhh!! wat am i doing?? I'll go to my room and think, thats better]
(armaan called)
Armi: did u talk?
Ridz: no armaan, i m confused whom to talk..ma or papa?
Armi: i knew it...i knew it (laughs)
Ridz: stop laughing n tell me wat to do
Armi: forget it, we'll plan something tomorrow
Ridz: but wat if someone tells dad before i tell
Armi: chasmish, this is not plague that will spread through the whole city in one day...relax, we have time
Ridz: ya right...eh? wat did u say? plague??!!! pyaar aur plague ka comparision sirf tum hi kar sakte ho...yuck!!! weirdo!!!
Armi: (laughs) i cudnt think of better word right then....ok, cholera sounds good? or dengue? or
Ridz: STOP IT!!!
Armi: haha..ok

Next day, in canteen:
Armi: i think aunty is a better choice, tell her
Ridz: but how?
Armi: see, u need to start the topic somehow n tell... no big deal ridhima
Rahul: guys, wats the matter?
Ridz: i want to tell my parents abt armaan, but i donno how to do it....hey, ur parents know abt u both?
Rahul: ya, we've been friends from kindergarten days and we are always together...they just know, we dint have to tell them
Ridz: hmm....and u sapna?
Sap: no, they donno n i dont plan to tell them either until we are ready for marriage
Armi: (sighs) ridhima, lets just get married, i will tell my parents to talk to urs...then u dont have to do anything, ur mom will ask u if u love me n u just have to say yes...thats all, simple!!
Ridz: armaan...(pause)....shut up
(armaan winked with a grin)
Ridz: this is y i told u we wont let anyone know abt us..see, its so complicated now
Armi: YOU r making it complicated, we still have a choice, r u sure u want to tell them now?
Ridz: yes, they'll be hurt if told by someone else and even i dont want to hide such a big thing from them
Armi: ok, decided then...i'll come to ur house this sunday, we'll tell them together
Ridz: hmm, ok
(keerti called that day)
Keerti: so, wats going on?
(ridz told how her friends came to know abt her n armaan ...and how she is thinking of telling her parents)
Keerti: wow yaar, u r going fast
Ridz: i know, but wats wrong in telling when i m so sure abt our relationship
Keerti: ya right
Ridz: wat abt u?
Keerti: we've just expressed our feelings, talking to parents is too far now
Ridz: how is he? i mean as a lover, u know more abt the person as time passes right
Keerti: he is cool...happy with my choice...n u?
Ridz: armaan!! he never ceases to surprise me with his character, the more i know him the more i fall for him..i hope mom n dad also realise how good he is
Keerti: they will, dont worry...i m sure abt it
Ridz: touchwood (touching the table)

Next day:
(Arjun came n spoke to ridz...after the hi hellos)
Arjun: ridhima, can we be friends atleast?
(ridz is thinking)
Arjun: i mean only if u want to...just friends
Ridz: [wats wrong in saying yes, seniors r anyway leaving in a month, he will atleast go happily] ya, sure
Arjun: (smiles) thanks
Ridz: c u later bye
Arjun: bye
(she met armaan on the way)
Armi: wat was arjun saying?
Ridz: nothing big, he just want to be friends with me
Armi: (stopped) friends??!!
Ridz: yaa
Armi: wat did u say then?
Ridz: i said ok
Armi: what??!!!
Ridz: y r u so shocked?
Armi: ridhima, u very well know what he feels for u... then
Ridz: its just friendship that he asked for, wats wrong in that?
Armi: do u think he's going to stick to just friendship?
Ridz: he knows abt us armaan, i told him, remember?
Armi: oh right, then y cant he just stay away from u?
Ridz: how will i know? and wat can i do if he asks directly... i mean can u say no on someone's face if u were in my position?
Armi: yes, i can say no
Ridz: armaan, i know u cant say no...dont say things just for the sake of it
Armi: i seriously wud have said no
Ridz: well, may be u can, i cant..i dont like to hurt people for no reason....i cant believe u were the one who said he should know abt us coz he will be hurt more if delayed
Armi: bcoz i thought he will just get his head sorted n stay away...look ridhima, friends can turn into lovers, but u can never be friends with someone u love
Ridz: i dont think so, anyway they r leaving soon n after that we'll probably never meet them, wats wrong in just saying hi n speaking two words for this short span, its not like i really consider him as a friend, u know how long i take to make friends..its just for courtesy armaan
Armi: i dont think he understands ur courtesy, he will definitely think its more than that
Ridz: (exasperated) i cant help it then, let him think if he wants to...u r over analysing this...and he's not even like vicky, he knows the truth abt us
Armi: vicky was easy to handle ridhima, arjun is more intelligent and handsome and..and love makes people crazy, u never know wats scheming in their minds
Ridz: even if its true, his schemes wont affect me..or..wait a minute..r u getting all this hyper becoz u think it will affect me?
Armi: no
Ridz: then wat is it armaan? y r u getting so insecure?
Armi: look, this is going offtrack, it was abt arjun
Ridz: its not abt arjun!! answer my question armaan, u think i'll change my mind if i talk to him?
Armi: no
Ridz: then why do u have to say he is handsome?
Armi: it just came with the flow, i dint mean it that way... see, i trust u...its him that i dont trust
Ridz: y do u have to worry abt him if u trust me
Armi: i...i just dont want to give anyone a chance to create any problem between us
Ridz: there is no problem, dont suspect everything
Armi: this is not suspicion ridhima, i m just trying to be safe
Ridz: i know wat is safe
Armi: no...u dont...i dont want u to talk to him and u r not talking...that's final
Ridz: that is not final (stressing each word)
Armi: FINE!! do watever u want
Ridz: FINE!! i will
(saying this she raged into the classroom...hurt and angry....highly disturbed...got her bag from armaan's place n sat in the first bench)
Ridz: [ughh!! so dominating!! how can he decide every small thing for me...i know wats right and wats not...wats wrong in just talking to arjun, y is armaan getting so phobic, i just dont understand wat he is afraid of!!]
(armaan came in...looking equally angry...he just shot a glare at her n went to his place with multiplied anger on his face...sapna came in)
Sap: hey, u r back here?
(ridz nodded silently...she dint turn once to see him...in the coffe break, they r silent, not talking much to others too..everyone looked at each other)
Rahul: armaan, kya hua?
Armi: kya?
Rahul: tum dono aise chup chap
Armi: (angry) kuch nahi
(rahul shrugged n dint probe further...while coming back)
Muski: did u guys fight over something?
Muski: relax, this is common, u should wonder if u dont fight (giggles)
Ridz: (smiles)
(that night she could not sleep properly...still angry)

Next day:
(no change...atmosphere is still hot between them..no attempts from either sides to talk or call)
Anji: guys, come on now, break the ice...kab tak aise rahoge
(both armi n ridz r silent..they just looked at each other n looked away)
Atul: arre, kuch tho bolo yaar
(still silent)
Sap: dono zid karoge tho kaise chalega
Anji: forget it guys.. they'll be fine
Muski: (whispering) is it very serious?
Ridz: no [thats wat i donno, if it is serious or not...y isnt he even trying to talk, is this really grave??!!]
(now anger is replaced by worry...one more day passed followed by a sleepless night...she is distressed by now...he doesnt look better either...worry started turning into grief now)
Ridz: [two days!! its been two days armaan, u dint talk to me, or rather i dint talk to u...does this distance matter to him? but it does for me, i cant take it anymore, i am ending this right now]
(ego overtaken by love, she went to his usual place in last bench n sat there after the break...expecting him to come in any moment...eyes glued to the entrance...he came in with some papers in his hand, looked at first bench....stepped out frowning and checked the corridor..came in again...put the papers on desk where she used to sit from the past two days...walked further...surprised to see her in his place...a small smile broke on his face but he wiped it off immediately...ridz is controlling her laughter at his antics.. he went back...took the papers and came near her...sat beside her and put the papers infront of her...she looked at them...its an application to participate in a seminar on one of her favorite subjects, its being conducted on university level....along with some papers to write a synopsis... she flipped all the pages to see a small note pinned at the last paper...."fill out the form, tomorrow is last day to send it and i m in no mood to teach moral science today"...sir came in n class started...ridz is supressing her smile n looking at him from the corner of eye...he is doing the same...she wrote in the notebook "smile...else ur cheeks will pain", he wrote "urs will pain too", she smiled n wrote "i love you", armi - "exactly the same as i do, copy cat!!", ridz - "i m sorry", armi - "i m sorry too, missed u", ridz - "me too, very badly"..she held his hand n leaned back sighing with relief)
Ridz: [now, world looks normal to me...i cant stay away from him...i just cant!!]
(class is over)
Armi: give me a hug
(ridz looked at him)
Armi: a small one?
(his voice earnest and eyes passionate...without thinking for a second, she hugged him...tears dwelling in her eyes..she moved back)
Ridz: i m sorry armaan
Armi: no, i m sorry, i overreacted
Ridz: my fault too...i was in a i-know-i-am-right kind of mood
Armi: u r very stubborn actually, i dint know that
Ridz: ya, sometimes...when i have this strong feeling that what i m doing is absolutely right
Armi: hmm
Ridz: when i spoke to arjun that day, i really thought he's harmless n the more u were arguing against him the more i was getting adamant to prove myself right
Armi: and u call me egoistic...someone needs a self-check
Ridz: ya..but did u really feel insecure?
Armi: to be honest, yes...u mean the world to me ridhima and if i get the slightest hint that anyone can come between us, i get restless...i cant tolerate that person, either it was rahul or vicky or now arjun...
Ridz: but that was before we knew wat we feel for each other, now u know i love u...then
Armi: ya but still...u may call me overpossessive but i am still not comfortable with this idea of u being his friend
Ridz: i understand...if i were you, i would have felt the same but wat else could i do in that situation other than saying yes to his friendship offer
Armi: ya, sticky situation
Ridz: dont worry, i'll handle him
Armi: you??
Ridz: yes, let me learn dealing with people...i dont want to depend on you for everything
Armi: depend?!! wat nonsense...its my duty
Ridz: ya but i really want to do it myself
Armi: r u sure?
Ridz: yes
Armi: okay...but keep me informed..dont hide anything from me...he better be in his limits..else, i swear i will
Ridz: no no...it wont go so far
Armi: hmm...these two days were like living in hell
Ridz: yaaa torturous...there wasnt a single second i dint think abt u
Armi: me too...nothing seems good without u chasmish
Ridz: hmm...hey, tomorrow is sunday, r u coming to my house?
Armi: oh ya, one more task to accomplish...yup, i'll be there...and this seminar, dont even think of an escape
Ridz: hehe..no, i wont try to escape this time...but i need to prepare well

Sunday:
(armaan came n they told they want to study together...after sometime, they came out to the hall...spoke to padma n shashank for a while...armaan is searching for a point to break into the topic...failed to find any...he said he's leaving n came out)
Armi: oh man!! this is so hard!!
Ridz: (laughs) kya hua, apne hone wale saas sasur hi tho hain, baat karo na..its only me who complicates things right?
Armi: i give up!! ridhima u handle this time, it will be easier i guess...from next time, i'll talk
Ridz: hehe...ok
(she went in after armaan left..sat beside her mom)
Ridz: [ridzy, dont think, just say watever comes to ur mind, u know she likes him] ma, do u like armaan?
Padma: (surprised) ya
Ridz: i like him a lot (padma smiled confusedly) actually ma, i love him
(padma is silent...staring at ridhima without any expression)
Ridz: (sighs with relief) [my job is done..but y is she silent...is she mad at me? is she happy? is she irritated? is she sad? OMG!! say something ma, say something..] ma!!
(padma jerked)
Padma: aah, ya
Ridz: r u angry? (fully worried)
Padma: no..i mean u told so suddenly....i m just shocked
Ridz: ma, i m very tensed abt your reaction...we both love each other a lot
Padma: oh, so he also loves u
Ridz: ya, from the very first day of college
Padma: hmm
Ridz: ma, i really wanted u n papa to know abt him, r u ok with this?
Padma: u told me just now, we need time to think
Ridz: ok...papa ko?
Padma: i will tell, dont worry
Ridz: (hugs her) thanks ma, u r the best

Night, at dinner:
Shash: ridhima, ur mom told me abt armaan
(ridhima gulped...her heart is beating fast)
Shash: so, u want to marry him?
Ridz: (fastly) no, not now....(slowly) but later, yes
Shash: beta, as parents we need to look at many things when it comes to marriage, we obviously want the best for u..we know armaan is a good guy but we donno anything about his family, how his parents are, wat they do...we need to know all these
(ridhima told them abt his parents n also that they know abt her)
Shash: hmm...we'll meet them...lets know each other
(ridz called armaan immediately after dinner)
Armi: (anxious) wat did they say?
Ridz: i m so confused armaan, i donno if he said yes or he told me to wait
Armi: eh??? tell me his exact words
(she told)
Armi: arre yaar, even i m not able to conclude anything
Ridz: i'll ask my mom
(she went to her mom later)
Ridz: ma, i m a bit confused, wat did dad mean? he wants to know them completely and then decide or wat?
Padma: (smiles) dont worry, he is positive abt this, its going to be a life-long relationship with them, so we just want to start knowing each other, thats it...
Ridz: (jumping) OMG!! i m so happy, ahh, i was so worried..
Padma: and your dad has asked me to take their number n invite them for lunch this sunday
Ridz: i will tell armaan, he will be so happy to hear this
(she called him n told)
Armi: woohhooooo, u made my day ridz, i mean its already night but...u made my life altogether!! muuahhh!!
(after that day, there would be get-togethers now and then and everyone seemed to be happy with each other)

(Ridhima participated in the seminar and that went well...her confidence was increasing by the day...arjun wasnt as easy as she thought...in this short span he tried his best to get closer and make an impression...trying to ask her out for coffee and meet her alone ...the way he was insisting, she started understanding his intentions, she was now clear how to deal with him..one day she was with anji when arjun met her)
Arjun: ridhima, will u have coffee with me? plz dont say no again...
Ridz: coffee..ya sure, join us
Arjun: us??!! (with disbelief in his voice)
(anji chuckled..ridz shot her a u-r-dead look)
Arjun: ah..hmm..in canteen?
Ridz: ya, u can meet my other friends also
Arjun: hmmm...will join some other time..c u bye
Ridz: bye
Anji: bye (waving and supressing her laughter)
(she burst out when he left)
Anji: OMG ridz, what was that?!! how could u...(laughing between the words)
Ridz: wat else can i do yaar? i mean first he puts me in a situation where it would be rude of me to say no to his so called "just friends?" thing...n when i was still being nice to him, he tries to meet me alone and all that... knowing very well that i am already committed... wat nonsense, he deserves this...if he wanted just friendship, he could have joined us right, wats so private between friends?
Anji: he should have said yes, armaan would have taught him wat friendship is....i can so imagine his face, he would have just killed arjun with his angry looks...
Ridz: yeahh
(they entered canteen..still laughing)
Atul: wat happened...tell us, we'll also join u
Anji: we met arjun on the way
Armi: and?
Anji: and ridz gave him such a shock
(everyone is listening curiosuly)
Anji: he asked her out for coffee and she told him to join us
(all laugh)
Anji: can u imagine, armaan and him sitting opposite to each other n having coffee...gosh!!
Muski: wat did he say then?
Ridz: he just mumbled something and left
Armi: poor guy, u r not as innocent as u look, aren't u?
Ridz: i never said i m innocent, wat can i do if i look like one...not my fault!! (with a smug smile)
Armi: yaaa... God save me now
Rahul: i'll pray for u buddy
Armi: yes please, i need them...especially with this improved and intelligent ridhima

(one month passed and the seniors left the college...after the holidays, final year started and everyone was planning abt their careers...armaan, anji and rahul wanted to do MBA..ridz and muskaan wanted to start working and gain some experience first..atul wanted to do masters and sapna hasnt decided anything yet..everyone started working towards their goals)

Final semester:
(all are busy with the project work...atul and anji are in same group...anji had become normal with atul but he didnt dare to talk abt love...though everyone knew he still loved her..one day ridz thought of finding out wat anji thinks abt him now)
Ridz: hey anji, di kaisi hain?
Anji: she said she is fine...i hope she really is
Ridz: why r u saying so??
Anji: i mean when she was leaving, i could see the fear in her eyes yaar...may be the fear of having to go n live with a person u donno very well...she spoke to jiju n met him sometimes after engagement but still i donno if they really love each other...may be the fear part is just my imagination..i hope it is
Ridz: i guess love will build up slowly in case of arranged marriages..u know that jiju is a nice person na... dont worry, she will be happy
Anji: hmm
Ridz: anji...do u still feel the same abt atul?
Anji: if u mean love...no, i dont love him that way...but i understand his feelings...he is a really nice guy...i sometimes feel guilty for avoiding him that time...i feel bad that i shattered his dreams but thats how i am, i cant act...i just speak my mind
Anji: i know he still loves me...and i know he'll keep me happy if i marry him...but marriage is not on my mind right now...i want to concentrate on my career first and who knows i may fall in love with someone

(all got together one day...talking abt wat to do next...an idea shot up in ridz brain)
Ridz: guys, listen..i have an idea
(all look at her)
Ridz: i think we can start a software company
(everyone looked at each other and back at her...their eyes asking for more information)
Ridz: i m not very clear abt this, but i think we can find out...see, we have future managers here (pointing to armaan, rahul and anji), atul is technically very sound and each of us have our own expertise..and watever other things we need we can gather...i donno how companies exactly work but cant we think abt it?
Armi: brilliant!! i think ridz has a point..a big one in fact...wat do u say?
Rahul: i agree, but we r all heading in different directions yaar....we've already started preparing for entrance exams and all
Ridz: i dint mean right now rahul, after 3-4 years
Muski: i got it.... when we have done watever we planned for now...finish ur studies, gain experience and then we can all get together, but capital?
Anji: we can try for loan
Sap: sounds great yaar..but i m not in
All: why???
Sap: well, my next step depends on amit, i have to follow him wherever he goes and we may get married soon..so, i m not sure if i can be a part of this...but if i am in a position to join u, i will definitely do that
(everyone looks disappointed)
Sap: cheer up guys, i m not leaving u right now..i m just not sure abt where i will be 3-4 years down the lane
(they decide to collect the information slowly after the final exams are over)

(later ridhima told armaan abt her talk with anji, wat anji thinks abt atul...armaan's face lit up and he immediately went to atul taking ridhima along with him)
Armi: atul, just follow anji wherever she goes
Atul: huh??!!! where is she going by the way?
Armi: nowhere...but she told ridz that she doesnt love you, she wants to think abt career first n that she may fall in love with someone later
(atul didnt understand anything and with a confused face he looked at ridz for help)
Ridz: ok wait, i'll tell u...armaan, u r confusing him...atul, i donno if i should tell u wat she told me but its not like a big secret, so i think i can...she doesnt love u but she likes u as a person and she thinks she will be happy with u, but right now she wants to think abt career only and she is hopeful that she'll meet someone special in the future whom she'll fall in love with
Armi: exactly...n she'll never meet anyone else
(ridz n atul shot a confused glare at him)
Armi: see, she'll fall in love if someone comes close to her na...u just go wherever she goes, join the same college, join the same company, just be with her and make sure she makes no new friends...i mean guys, then at the end, she'll marry you
Ridz: armaan, tum teekh ho? ye kya stupid idea de rahe ho usko?
Atul: no ridz, he is right...its enough if she thinks that i can be a good husband...well, i may not follow her wherever she goes, that may not be possible everytime but i'll defintely try to be with her whenever i can...not to block people from reaching her but to make her understand wat she means to me...i see hope...big hope...thanks ridz
(while coming back)
Armi: i hope they get married
Ridz: ya, i hope the same...but ur idea sounded so stupid bcoz of the way u said
Armi: jo bhi, idea tho sahi tha na
Ridz: wohi tho, tum acha idea ko bhi bakwaas bana sakte ho
Armi: shut up..u dont want to appreciate my talent, u r jealous
Ridz: u shut up, show me the talent first, then i'll appreciate
(and the bickering goes on and on and on...)

(college ended and on the last day... walking out of the college together, everyone was remembering the precious moments they spent there)
Ridz: [God!! u really listen to me carefully, dont u? i asked u to make me a strong, confident and independent individual...and i can see myself growing into one...u gave me wonderful friends..friends for life...and it is here that u blessed me with the biggest gift of my life..armaan...THANK YOU GOD!!]
(she moved towards armaan and held his hand...he smiled and pulled her closer....walking hand in hand they knew it is an eternal relationship...they may not live happily ever after... but joy or sorrow, hope or despair, pleasure or pain....they know they'll live through them, together)

The beginning of their journey of life and the end of FF.

Guys, Thanks for being with me and supporting me in my very first attempt at writing. You have no idea wat i m taking with me at the end of this story...things that i will cherish all my life...wonderful friends, heart-warming comments, multiplied levels of confidence and the story itself. I would have never written such a long story if it wasnt you guys who encouraged me from the beginning. I m indebted to you. I owe this to all of you, A steep bow. 🤗

Many of you said that my FF is realistic. I get a high whenever i read that but i know its not completely realistic. Its more like an idealistic one, where everyone is good, no fights, no violence, no politics, no schemes. Anyone who has been to college will realise that if there are characters like ridhima and armaan, there are bound to be love traingles and fights. Especially, a guy like armaan who is charming, popular and arrogant can rarely be non-violent. But, i wanted it that way, i wanted armaan to look for simpler solutions first. And even in the friends gang, i dint have a jealous or bad character, which is again not so realistic but also not impossible. This was my attempt to project some of the positive and fun things about college life and relationships.

I may not write another FF in the near future. I will be back when i have a story worth your reading time and worth my writing time.

Please leave your comments if you find it worthy.
Thanks a lot for the comments...n thanks to silent readers for reading...i hope u like the end😊

P.S. Some readers have asked me for an epilogue but i m sorry, i m not keen on writing it. I wanted to end the ff with the last day of college. I am happy with the way last part has shaped up especially the last lines and i m afraid that i will spoil the trailing taste if i write even a word more. I hope u understand my concern😳

will miss u guys

Lots of hugggsss
Love you all
Harika

Edited by dmgfan19 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.BlackJack. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

hii. A Big Congo for ur 3rd thread.⭐️. arwww rly cute prt. i hope ridz agrees to tell every1 bout their relationship. I know u have a lot of work load & stuff. i hope u get to update soon😳.

tc xEdited by *|maha|* - 15 years ago
Arlover1 thumbnail
*reserved*
well reply soon

*edited*

first of all congo for the third theard
ok now the part
i loveed it
i think ridz is becoming armi😆
he proposed her
so cute
she will say yes
poor armi
he is being torchered by ridz and arnav
ok now pplz continue soon
can't wait for it
luv heli
Edited by redi50 - 15 years ago
ttimpy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lovely update and very very cute.....harika............arnav and ridz are really going to give armaan a hard time.............but its so sweet..........
-Cherry- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
amazing part sweetie
loved it soooooooooooo much
toooooooooooo gooood
plzzzzzzzzzz continue sooon

swanzzy
prernawaghray thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
reserved
congo for the third thread
edited*
it was a beautiful part yaar
update soon
Edited by prernawaghray - 15 years ago
nyla_193 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
amazing part as alwayz
loved it
plzzz update soon
pickytg thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
awww tey r such darlins!!!

luved d love birds..grt update!! :d
nidha1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
waoh👍🏼 its an awesome one⭐️ so sweet😊😛 and touching one😊😛😉 so romantic❤️ armaan and ridhima r too gud😊😉 and arnav is aslo sweet😊😛 plz continue it soon😊

"yun Mila K Humari Nazron Se Nazar,
Humare Is Dil Me Uttar Jao.
Din Raat Karo Sirf Pyar Humse,
Or Humari Yaadon Me Kho Jao.
Log Kehne Lage Tumhe Diwana,
Or Tum Mere Liye Apne Aap Ko Bhul Jao."

meow23 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
dat was a gr88 prt n another b'day of ridz.. d last b'day was fun.. wid every1 at her place..
hope, she agrees 2 tel every1 soon.. luvd d prt.. do update soon...