Thrice in love.......and so quickly??? - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago

This is great that we can express our point of views. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  So I am speaking in the present, because Ranvir has not yet gotten over his shallowness.๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by priya***

This is great that we can express our point of views. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ  So I am speaking in the present, because Ranvir has not yet gotten over his shallowness.๐Ÿ˜Š

Yep๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

And yes, if we just go by what the evidence is uptill the present, Ranvir has not completely gotten over his shallowness....but I'm hoping that he will๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by nureat01

Yep๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

And yes, if we just go by what the evidence is uptill the present, Ranvir has not completely gotten over his shallowness....but I'm hoping that he will๐Ÿ˜Š

I don't know why you guys insist on calling Ranvir shallow? Yes, he rejected ragini, but he never said that he was rejecting ragini becoz of her looks or color, he said 'Ragini meri life partner kabhi nahi ho sakti', don't forget, he was in a relationship with sonia at the time, his statement can be interpreted to mean anything. he might mean that she cant be his partner coz he is in love with someone else, he might even mean that he cant imagine ragini as his partner, but as sadhna pointed out, at the time ranveer made this statement, he barely knew ragini, he had only met her once. and their first meeting, he had defended ragini's honor..........so i can't chalk it up to being shallow....

as for visualizing anamika as a pari, put a hand on your heart girls and tell me that we don't imagine that the person we fall in love with will be handsome and dashing. we all want beautiful life partners. inside and out. Ranvir knows anamika's inner beauty, what's wrong with him wishing her beautiful outside too??? would it be natural for him to mouth dialogues like ' i don't care what she looks like, even if she is butt ugly i will love her?' even before he has met her?

Shallow in my opinion would be ranveer finding out and then rejecting ragini now, after all that he knows about life, anamika and ragini put together..........Wanting your love to be beautiful is not shallow, its human and anyone who says they dont wish for a beautiful life partner, inside and out, is a liar........
Edited by jiya25 - 15 years ago
@jiya25: I think when Ranvir made that first statement, it went something like "Ragini can never be my choice" and the expressions that he had accompanying that definitely implied that he wasn't rejecting Ragini just cuz he was with Sonia at that time.

But I do agree with the rest of what you've said....yes, no one is going to go around proudly proclaiming that they don't care if their life partner is butt ugly, they'll rise beyond that etc. etc....like you said, everyone wants their chosen person to be beautiful inside and out๐Ÿ˜Š....the only point is that outward appearance shouldn't be the only concern....I think Ranvir has learnt his lesson to some extent in that case with the Sonia episode.

The reason why Ranvir appears to be shallow is in my opinion....largely how the dialogues have been written in the few scenes related to the topic of Ragini....the first time when his mother mentions Ragini as a possibility to him....and then later when he describes how he believes Anamika will look like....it was over the top....yes, everyone wants their somone special to be good looking, but the way he was describing it, it seemed shallow....somewhat superficial.

But then you're raised a very good point in that....he did defend Ragini in front of those gundas when they made fun of her around the first time he had met her....

I think overall, the issue is of Ragini's dark color here...it grates on me that THAT is considered 'unattractive'....cuz she is a very pretty girl....but ppl writing her off on the basis of her color is just
Love is blind, In my opinion if you are truly in love, you don't even care what the other 1 looks like.  You know that saying if you can only see through my eyes. 

Ranvir has fallen for Anamika so it should not matter what she looks like, so when he says pari or what ever that is shallow thinking. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by priya*** - 15 years ago
I think its a matter of how you view Ranveer's affections towards Anamika. One can be cynical about it or one can romanticize the sweetest of reasons. Either could be true, and equally reasonable.

Either way, I strongly believe that Ragini deserves someone who does not judge her on the basis of her color.  And even though I am glad that Ranveer is maturing, one cannot forget that he had once compared Ragini with Sonia, when he barely knew Ragini. So it would be naive to not assume that the prejudice was not based on looks at that point of time. Hence, I do agree that Ranveer needs to get over his "previously shallow" and now too "debatable shallowness" about his character. He needs to either begin loving Ragini for who she is, not as Anamika (and can very well get confused, it would make things all the more interesting), OR he needs to fight really hard for her affections in order to atone his previous judgement.  Not just simply settle for his having to "accept" Ragini. Thats a definite no no.

This is where the prospect of a "new guy at Taj Mahotsav" comes in. I read somewhere that Manish something is joining Bidaai as Ragini's prospective husband. Although this would bring hindrances to RR love track, I would not mind having this twist, on one condition though.

I would like this new guy to be fond of Ragini as she is, and not merely "accept her despite her color". No mercy necessary here. If they show a hint of mercy, the prospective husband can be thrown out of the window for all I care. And then I want Ranveer to fight real hard to gain her affection and respect.

All this would have been so much simpler had the creatives had the guts to show Ranveer really fall for Ragini and not as the unseen "Anamika". But I guess they wanted twists...

Originally posted by coolfire

I think its a matter of how you view Ranveer's affections towards Anamika. One can be cynical about it or one can romanticize the sweetest of reasons. Either could be true, and equally reasonable.

Either way, I strongly believe that Ragini deserves someone who does not judge her on the basis of her color.  Completely agreed. And even though I am glad that Ranveer is maturing, one cannot forget that he had once compared Ragini with Sonia, when he barely knew Ragini. So it would be naive to not assume that the prejudice was not based on looks at that point of time. Yep, I was saying the same thing in my post...he deffo acted shallow and judged ragini on her looks at that time.Hence, I do agree that Ranveer needs to get over his "previously shallow" and now too "debatable shallowness" about his character. He needs to either begin loving Ragini for who she is, not as Anamika (and can very well get confused, it would make things all the more interesting), OR he needs to fight really hard for her affections in order to atone his previous judgement.  Not just simply settle for his having to "accept" Ragini. Thats a definite no no. Ditto. And I have a feeling that he will definitely not 'settle' for Ragini...he will have to fight for her....any other way would just ruin the story and then it wouldn't hold anything much to it.

This is where the prospect of a "new guy at Taj Mahotsav" comes in. I read somewhere that Manish something is joining Bidaai as Ragini's prospective husband. Although this would bring hindrances to RR love track, I would not mind having this twist, on one condition though.

I would like this new guy to be fond of Ragini as she is, and not merely "accept her despite her color". No mercy necessary here. If they show a hint of mercy, the prospective husband can be thrown out of the window for all I care. And then I want Ranveer to fight real hard to gain her affection and respect. I agree....the mercy angle would be unbearable

All this would have been so much simpler had the creatives had the guts to show Ranveer really fall for Ragini and not as the unseen "Anamika". But I guess they wanted twists... Yes, it would have been much easier if they had shown things up front and clear....Ranvir falling for Ragini the person, not just judging her by her looks and not thinking beyond outward appearance....however, I don't really mind this way much either as long as once the truth comes out, Ranvir exceeds all expectations and doesn't creat a hoopla over Ragini being Anamika and realizing how much he truly loves her....although this twist was interesting from the usual boy-girl hate each other then fall in love story that's there in most soaps๐Ÿ˜†...

coolfire :  As long as it is a 'prospective' husband, then I can accept him nay welcome him! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ But I most definitely do not want to go through the routines of unwanted marriages and seprations etc! ๐Ÿคข

This new guy showing interest in Ragini will not only boost Ragini's confidence in herself but will also show Ranvir what he lost out! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Jiya25 : I understand your point of view but I am afraid I have found Ranvir immaturish where matters of heart are concerned. ๐Ÿ˜Š
When you say Ranvir fell for Sonia's charms............her charms are only the means to an end. The end being Ranvir getting attracted to her. Suppose, Sonia's truth was not revealed to Ranvir, then don't you think by now they would have been lot more closer and married?
 Now that her truth is out, we can reason that maybe he was not in love with her, but the creatives had definitely shown it that way to us or atleast indicated it that way.

And that is why I feel he is jumping around too quickly and needs to calm down and look before he leaps! ๐Ÿ˜Š
@Pragalbha: I do agree that Ranvir is immature in general, he does need to grow up....I don't know if this is the way his characterization is or the way he has been enacted๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†....There are some scenes that really jar me....like when he describes how he pari like Anamika will be๐Ÿ˜•....or the way he wrote off Ragini especially in comparison to Sonia in front of his mother.

What gives me hope that he will mature as the story progresses is usually his scenes with Ragini....they do have a sweet, innocent kind of chemistry that is endearing in some way to watch๐Ÿ˜Š...I liked the scene when they change the tyre of the car...it was simple, subtle and sweet....RR's friendship is very cute....the cute little smiles that they keep giving each other๐Ÿ˜†....he's a nice guy basically, he just needs to grow up...and I have a feeling that the trials and tribulations that RR will go thru for their love will mature him eventually๐Ÿ˜Š
You know, first I thought the hell with ranveer let ragini end up with someone more deserving of her. But lately i have fallen for ragvir and now the news that she will end up marrying this new guy that they are going to introduce along with his whole family. I don't think I will able to digest this serial anymore. I so wanted RR to fall in love as RR now and not AA. I mean basically get ranveer to woo ragini. That would have been so cute. But instead of giving us that they are going to show her marriage to someone else๐Ÿคข