Fatwa against Salman Khan!!!!?

Poll

How many of you support this Fatwa!!

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
A organisation has issued a FATWA against Salman Khan for attending a Genesh puja...hindus and muslims enjoy each other festivals with love and respect..whats wrong in it!!!!??Islam itself says Give respect other religion too then whats the big deal!!!.......mulla's want to neglect  lots of other things in this world.......I think No one has the right to issue fatwas or any other directive whatever religion they may be from that treads on individual's freedom to live honourably in a way chosen exclusively by them alone, as long as they are not breaking or violating common laws of the country.

We have to show our guts to discuss a serious matter openly. This will remove all misunderstandings related to that subject. A healthy discussion will give us more closeness and knowledge about the subject. After all we are Indians and we are one!!πŸ˜ƒ

Just chill

Vinu Nair.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Vinu,
This is a nice subject.

Am a part of a cricket team in which only 10 % of the team are indians,rest are all pakistanis.
We respect each other tremendously.
All tournament matches now are forfeit because it's Ramadan.
One needs to respect muslim feelings.
It was wrong of Salman to do what he did.
At the end of Ramadan our club is going to have an Ishtaar. Which i'll be invited to and attend. So will the other Indians.

It certainly does not call for a fatwa on Salman, but he needs to correct his feelings for the sake of his religion.
====================
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=941252&TPN=19
Edited by jagdu - 15 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: jagdu

Vinu,

This is a nice subject.

Am a part of a cricket team in which only 10 % of the team are indians,rest are all pakistanis.
At the end of Ramadan our club is going to have an Ishtaar. Which i'll be invited to and attend. So will the other Indians.

It certainly does not call for a fatwa on Salman, but he needs to correct his feelings for the sake of his religion.

With all Respect your views can I tell you something....Nobody has got right to interfere in their fundamental right of oneself then be it their own community membrs or so called their leaders of thir religious people.

God is same and one can worship in any one..if I go to church or mosque I will think my God only..
I liked the Salman's father comment...'do fatwa against the terrorists who hijacked the religious faith and do merciless killings of innocent people.'
I dont think respecting other religions culture and system is wrong!!!

Edited by Believe - 15 years ago
shefali_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
See the thing with Salman is a little different from say other Muslims.

His mom is a Hindu, his younger brother Sohail is married to a Hindu, his sister Alvira married a Hindu. All these marraiges took place without changing respective religions.

His youngest sister Arpita and his mom ( a Mahrashtrian brahmin) bring Ganeshji home every year ( not Salman's flat but his dad's flat) and do pooja there.

His dad himself participates in all these activities.

From childhood his mother has taken him to the Hanuman mandir and Ganpatiji's mandir.

So all this is there in him from childhood.

So acc to Salman all Gods are one and he follows both Hinduism and Islam because he is half Hindu and half Muslim.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Vinu,

This is a nice subject.

πŸ˜†
chal_phek_mat thumbnail

You can essentially debate it from all 4 sides of the issue and I am not debating it considering the rules, I am just pointing the 4 options out

1. Murtipooja is not allowed in Salman's religion
2. It is his way of practising his religion and in a so-called secular nation no-one has the right to regulate his practising of his religion
3. The Mullah is the pole bearer of the religion and has the right to issue this so-called decree
4. But if the Mullah were to be the pole bearer he would also condemn the bomb blasts that occur in the name of the religion which is supposed to be so out-of-bound

All 4 positions can be debated for pages without getting offensive to the un-offensed.

But none of this really matters, Salman Khan is what he is, he will again set the Ganpati pooja up next year(like he did last year) and the mullah will issue another fatwah, ala like Kutta bhokta hai, hathi chalta hai(use of a standard Hindi Muhawara there)
sameer.84 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

idol worshipping is not allowed in Islam.....bcoz muslims worship Almighty God and His form cannot be imagined.

so u cant be half hindu and half muslim. u r either a muslim or a non-muslim..there's no middle way..

but as we live in secular nation, i dont think salman is going to take the fatwa seriously. its upto him, he'll b answerable to God on judgment day.

and yes...the islamic scholars should condemn the terorism and blasts strongly as well. if we say that 'islam is peace' then we have to show it as well.

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Vinu,

This is a nice subject.

Would like to ask you if attending Ganesh puja is wrong for Salman then how is it right for you to attend Iftar. If attending Ganesh puja for a muslim amounts to hurting religious sentiments of other muslims, surely attending Iftar party for a hindu should be considered as hurting religious sentiments by other Hindus. Muslims issue fatwas, will you be happy if Hindus ask for excommunication of those Hindus who attend Iftar parties.
I don't know how you can have double standards to judge the actions of people when you're 'guilty' (personally I don't hold it as a crime or guilt of any kind) of the same.
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Moderator's Note:
Reminder - Please be considerate while debating on religious topics. If members go overboard or hurtfull, please report. FYI -

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/755687

and https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/939001 Thanks!

Edited by raj5000 - 15 years ago
nrasheed thumbnail

hmm interesting debate.. to say the least.. there are two sides to every debate and so here's my take.πŸ˜‰

1. the Fatwa is right on that muslims should not be participating in other religious occasions.. pure and simple!!! Respecting someone else's religious occasions is fine, but its not fine for a muslim to partake in them pure and simple. 2. the Fatwa is wrong becuase of what its calling to do.. why kill someone over doing something, man its  a free world, Salman Khan if he believe himself to be a muslim will be accountable to his (GOD) and noone else... I personally do not think Salman Khan is a Muslim for whats in a name its what you do that matters.

robinaπŸ˜ƒ
1 2 3 4 5
Next
Salman Khan Thumbnail

Salman Khan