DOTW: Taking relationships for granted

the_charm thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello members! Welcome to another DOTW!

Definitely, our relationships are really really important for us. We value our relationships a lot. But sometime we just take it for granted. We know our friends are there, we love them, but we just take them for granted. We don't care to express our feelings and all, we shout at them. We realize only after they are gone.

Why do you think this happens?
Do you take time to tell your friends and family that they are great?
Anything else?

L&F Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildGloss thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Sometimes we feel that those who we loved, and those who love us...will be with us irrespective of everything..whether we give them enough time or not -- in other words take them for granted.

I've had this experience myself.
One of my really close friends, upasana..she used to call me day and night..just to talk to me..but i had taken her for granted.. .i felt even if i dun call/msg her she'll be there for me when i need her.. I know its wrong.. i know i need to change myself...but ive taken her for granted... and now that shes slowly drifting away i know how she must have felt cos of the way i treated her.

But now im making it a point to make it all up to her =)
Cos Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
And you only realize what ones worth when they go away!

I've had many more experiences like these, And now i strongely feel u should never ignore those who love you, and care for you!
Cos after all they're the ones who'll walk into your life when the world chooses to walk out 😃
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
When you truly value your relationships, you feel like they'll be there with you forever and ever.  You can't even think that there might be time when you won't be by their side and at that time they should know that you love them and care for them.

We get so busy in our day-to-day activities that we forget the most important part of life - our relationships and telling them that we value them and they are the most precious part of our lives.

It's not just taking them for granted.  Sometimes we don't have time to express our feelings and other times we don't know how to.  The simple way is just to let them know that you love them and appreciate their presence in your life once in a while.

Got lots to say about this topic but all i can say now is if u love someone don't take that person for granted because it hurt a lot :(