Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago
Welcome Everyone to this week's WATT SAY YOUNGISTAN ??😎

Today we will be discussing about Songs. Songs play an integral part of our day to day life. We look for songs when we are down , when we are happy , when we miss the certain someone or while recalling some of the golden memories...  πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

Here are my questions for you-

What song do you prefer more? Is it the Old songs or the New generation songs?

What are the things that lack in New songs that old songs used to have?(IF ANY)

Music videos are released everyday, and most of them have old songs but the remix version of it like- kanta laga/Galti Mare se hogayi/Chadti jawani etc.. Do you think they are lot more melodious or soothing to the ears than the original ones that were released years back.

Lastly do you think singers like Sunidhi, Shreya,Atif,KK have replaced legends like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Tai, Kishor Kumar?

You  dont really have to write an essay on it..few lines will work!πŸ˜ƒ

Have Fun Discussing!

Bolly Dev. Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

melancholic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ananya_A

What song do you prefer more? Is it the Old songs or the New generation songs? old songs any day anytime anywhere

What are the things that lack in New songs that old songs used to have?(IF ANY) melody , music , and purity..these days gaana nahi bante hai bt chillate hai sab .. no music nothing... and most importantly where is another lataji ? another ashaji?? or rafi saab ? kishore da , mukesh , hemant kumar , talat mehmood?geeta dutt ? etc etc.. aaj kal ke singers it is only sonuji ...and musical genius rd , sd , salil , madan mohan to name a few?

Music videos are released everyday, and most of them have old songs but the remix version of it like- kanta laga/Galti Mare se hogayi/Chadti jawani etc.. Do you think they are lot more melodious or soothing to the ears than the original ones that were released years back.

no yaar , yeh kaisa sawaaal hua?? old songs were pure divine , pristine and more melodious than the cheaply made remixes meant for parties and discs which is mere copying of western culture.. hamare desh mein discs aur parties kab hote the???

Lastly do you think singers like Sunidhi, Shreya,Atif,KK have replaced legends like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Tai, Kishor Kumar?

first of all i hav high regards for sunidhi , shreya and kk , and atif i dnt consider him a singer , sorry folks if any1 is hurt bt it is my own veiws...
bt watever the situation arise , watever songs  r ever made in industry uparwala jo banaya tha lata ji , asha ji or kishore da or rafi saab ko waisa dusra nahi hoga , replacement toh dur ki baat hai..they r musical gods

well i am just 21 yrs , and when i ws born , lataji or ashaji were in their last segments of singing and kishore kumar or rafsaab were no more..bt my family made me to listen such genious compostions by gr88 RD BURMAN , or sd , salil chaudhury , madanmohan , nashad , roshan ji , op nayyar , etc and to these brilliant songs the voices that empowered (lataji , ashaji , rafi kishore to name a few )and truly they  are irreplaceble ...they hv created such amazing sur and theres something abt those songs that yu feel being addicted.. jo suna nahi woh kitna miss kiya hai zindagi mein god only knows...

old is gold and watever yu may say i am backdated or crazy bt for me one lataji song is is more valuable than all the songs put together of nowadays...
thanks to my family to make me listen to old songs and make me watch 60s 70s movies.. it enriched my soul

Edited by touchthesky - 15 years ago
priyankumupal thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

What song do you prefer more? Is it the Old songs or the New generation songs?
Old songs for sure, the new generation songs don't hold the same appeal to me, i mean there are some beautiful new songs as well, but the magic of the oldies is just that, Magic. I would choose old songs to the new ones any day.

What are the things that lack in New songs that old songs used to have?(IF ANY)
 I don't know what it is that's lacking, but new songs you can't enjoy it again and again, I was just listening to Dil Tadap Tadap for about 20 times again and again and still not tired of it, the music, the lyrics the voices all are just right and perfect. but the new songs after you listen to it a few times it just stops being interesting. I really don't know why, There are a few exceptions but mostly old songs rock

No way, i hate most of the remixes, i mean you listen to a remix and listen to the original and listen to the remix version again then you'll know what sound polution these remix songs make. I don't have much love for the music videos of those songs as well, i mean they ruin the whole song. I'm someone who looks for great lyrics in a song and the picturization of the song should be done in such a way that it only incresses the meaning of the song, but the whole remix songs just steal away all that. So a big no to remix stuff without a doubt.

Yes and No, the thing is Lata ji and Ashi Tai and Kishor ji cannot be replaced in our hearts and minds, they are not like actors who fade with time, their music will always be in our hearts and the songs they have sung will be in our memory as the best, but that is not to say that Sunidhi and Shreya and KK and Shaan and Sonu are no good, Actually all of them are really talented as well, They can't replace the place we have in our hearts for the great singers of that time, but they have made a new place, I think thats the only way the music industry can move forward, As long as the change the new Gen brings is good i think its importent as well.

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Welcome Everyone to this week's WATT SAY YOUNGISTAN ??😎

Today we will be discussing about Songs. Songs play an integral part of our day to day life. We look for songs when we are down , when we are happy , when we miss the certain someone or while recalling some of the golden memories...  πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

What song do you prefer more? Is it the Old songs or the New generation songs? Defintely old songs😊 Old is gold.

What are the things that lack in New songs that old songs used to have?(IF ANY) melody, that soothness old songs have. The newer songs are just an excuse for the discos.

Music videos are released everyday, and most of them have old songs but the remix version of it like- kanta laga/Galti Mare se hogayi/Chadti jawani etc.. Do you think they are lot more melodious or soothing to the ears than the original ones that were released years back. It depends. There are some classic songs IMO that shouldn/t be remixed.

Lastly do you think singers like Sunidhi, Shreya,Atif,KK have replaced legends like Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Tai, Kishor Kumar? I actually like Sunidhi, she's a good singer. So is Shreya Ghosal. Atif Aslam is so OVERRATED. Legendary singers like Asha, Lata, and Kishore can NEVER be replaced. They will forever be placed in our hearts and souls.

You  dont really have to write an essay on it..few lines will work!πŸ˜ƒ

Have Fun Discussing!

Bolly Dev. Team

LOVE_DOSTI thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I personally love Lata g's songs...... all of her hits

and some 1990's hits, i have listen to those since my childhood
so they are in my memory since then

and in new song..... I am very picky
Mostly today's songs don't have any poetry, they are just  made, to be made
that's it
they are mostly NONSENSE
example: Dard-e-Disco types

hehehehehe

but song are very catchy numbers, that actually make sense  from Namaste London, JWM, KK, and much more

my recent favorite song is from OSO:   Tumko Paya Hai To Jaise Khoya Hun

i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove that song
i think this is one of the best songs of the year including Mauja hi Mauja πŸ‘