Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jagrutid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
thanks for reading my post nihita...i will update soon and all will become clear...well i hope so  😊  ...  jagruti
jagrutid thumbnail

Shiv Ki Gauri Chapter 2

Shiv Kapoor walks into his head office at Kapoor Industries, as he walks through a procession of personnel cabins each member of staff stands up to greet Shiv. Good Morning Sir, Good Morning Sir, Good Morning Sir all in various tones some which really annoyed Shiv but he kept quite tried not to confront them as that usually ended up in him making one of them cry. Shiv knows he gets carried away in his anger and this was not the time.

He walked into his office and sat down at this desk. Operated his hands free phone system and ordered the sectary to come into the office.  

Shiv: Its 9am, where are you he shouted down the phone.

Sectary replied: Sorry Sir, I am running a little late.

Shiv: I've not had my morning drink so I suggest you do that first.

Sectary replied: Sorry Sir, yes sir

Shiv was worried, frustrated and confused. This was not good; more than two emotions at the same time usually result in anger for Shiv Kapoor.

The phone rings and it is Prateek. Shiv has a conversation with Prateek they talk about his dad's health and then about the mornings goings on.

In-between Telephone conversation:

Kuch na kuch toe hai Prateek I'm telling you. What dad said to me this morning it just doesn't make sense.

"I have to make things better and the only way is by marrying Gauri, what's all that about shiv explains his confusion.

Shiv: there's something wrong but I can't put my finger on it.

Prateek: "if you feel like that then why are you going ahead with the marriage?, I didn't think it like shiv kapoor to fall for emotional blackmail."

Shiv: "For my dad you know he has a weak heart you're his doctor for god sakes and you know he is critically ill.  I want to keep him happy his health is the most important thing to me at the moment, his happiness lies in me marring gauri then so be it anyways he's made me promise that what ever happens I will marry gauri and I can't break that promise."

Prateek: "So you're making a compromise then, keeping every one happy and what about your self are you happy? Why don't you talk to gauri then and see what's going on then."

Shiv: "She's never around to talk to, I don't even know her, don't remember ever seeing her at all, all I know is she used to work at our house as a maid and she's Alok uncle's daughter I've got a photograph of her that's it. I don't think I'll see her till the day of the wedding."

The secretary walks in without knocking and leaves a mug on the desk.

Shiv: ek minute Prateek

Prateek: Pateek pauses and waits for Shiv

Shiv looks at his secretary while she heads for the door to make a quick escape.

Shiv: "Tum! Do you not have any manners! Knock next time. Aur yey kya hai!"he looks into the mug that the secretary left on his desk. "Yey chai hai..meine chai kha tha not coffee. Tea in the morning and coffee in the afternoon…do you even understand anything?" With that he threw the mug off the desk. Useless! "mera moo kya dekrahi hai clean this mess up."

Prateek listens to this from the other end of the call and feels really sorry for the girl, She has to put up with Shiv.

Conversation is resumed:

Prateek: "us bechari par kyun gussa nikal rahe ho" and Maybe your thinking too much on something that's really nothing, alok ji is your father's friend and maybe they want to turn there friendship into relation. "dosti ko reshtadari mein badalna…that type of thing."

There's a knock at the door

Shiv: "agar yey phirse coffee layee hai na toe !"Deko prateek muje abhi jana hoga…I'll speak to you soon and shaadi mein ana right, I'll speak to you soon. Bye"

Prateek: "Teek hai…shiv jo karna hai soch samaj ke karna and don't loose your temper that will just make matters worse."

Shiv: "yeh yeh I know…got to go ok bye." Shiv puts the phone down.

There is a second knock at the door.

Shiv straightens himself up in his chair and then shouts "Yes Come In."

The door opens and Alok walks in.

Shiv gets up from his chair brings a smile to his face and folds his hands "Alok uncle aap yaha? namaste, Please betheye"

Alok sits down on the office chair opposite shiv looking rather serious and worried looks.

Shiv: Mein aap se he bhaat karna chahta tha woh..in between his sentence shiv couldn't help noticing the sadness on alok's face he paused for a minute and alok jumped into the conversation.

Beta mein woh…do din mein shadhi hai or yey shadhi ka card de ne aaya tha…he stretches his arm over the office table towards shiv and gives him the invertation card. "Ab jo bhi kuch hua hai is ko bhulkar, maaf karke  mein tume shukriyada karna chata hoon" and with these words Alok's eyes started to water.

Before Shiv could say anything..and ask any questions the office door opened this time without any knock and Samar entered.

Samar although shiv's brother his twin… wasn't much like his brother he looked untidey, Samar wearing a black worn out shirt, and grey suit. He had an unshaven rugged look and his attire gave off a strong smell of alcohol but he seemed to have the businessman flair.

Samar: "Humm sorry to interrupt but…. muje woh check chaheye shiv" his speech was blurred but you could tell he shared the same strong authority as shiv. He pulled out a whisky container from inside his right pocket and tuck a swig from it.

Shiv looked towards Alok and said "excuse me uncle ek minute"

Alok: "Koi bhat nahi beta and smiled."

Shiv reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a chequebook, quickly made out the cheque tore it and handed it to Samar. "There you go" Samar took the check and gave a doubtful look towards Shiv and then Alok. He folded the check up and put it in his shirt pocket still with his eyes on aloak and then alternating towards Shiv. "If I'm right aap woh ladki ke dad hai na, he looked at Aloak in deep thought "woh jo kapoor mansion mein kaam karti hai"...not remembering her name he clicked his fingers in frustration…"woh ladki kya naam tha"

Alok : "Gauri ha gauri meri beti hai, magar woh aab wha kaam nahi karti.."

Samar interrupted "Kyun nahi karti woh bhot accha kaam karti hai"…samar had a very devilish look in his eyes..hum"

Shiv interrupted the conversation and asked Samar " aap gauri ko jante hai? Woh meri shaadi gauri se hone wali hai, woh baat ki thi mene aapse.  Shiv gave questioning looks.

Samar ignored Shiv and was lost in his own thoughts"o..gauri O I see", and with that Samar walks out of the office.

Alok gets up from his chair "ab muje bhi jana chaye, kal ke leiye bhut sari tayariya  karni hai"

Shiv: "Woh uncle muje gauri se milna tha" Alok gave shiv worried looks, beta woh kal miligi na…woh calcatta gayee hue hai is liye and with that left the room.

Shiv watched Alok walk out of the room and then once he had gone, he opened his desk drawer pulled out the picture of gauri he had found and stared at it in thought. Maybe Prateek was right I'm looking to deep into things, dad is weak because of his illness he wants to see me married and happy, maybe there is nothing wrong. Samar has seen gauri and if there was wrong he would surely mention it wouldn't he.

If that's was the case and everything was fine why is dad insisting I marry Gauri…why Gauri. What did he mean by rectifying my mistakes asking me to put things right, Nothing makes sense. He couldn't believe it was true he shiv kapoor known for his stubborn and powerfulness a man who always got his own way was being emotionally blackmailed and was falling for it. If he thought about things anymore he was sure to go crazy instead he put away the photograph and pulled out a bottle of whisky and a glass to take his mind off things when his mobile bleeped…

It was a text message.

Are you going to meet me tonight

Miss you… Blue Diamond hotel…

10pm can't wait to see u ...love you xxx

Shiv took a look at the message and deleted it, switched his phone off and carried on drinking.

Edited by jagrutid - 15 years ago
luv_pavi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
nicee partt butt yaar i m a bitt confusedd y his dad is insistingg him to marry gaurii.....well noww hu texteddd himm huhhhh now justt eagerlyy waitinn for nxtt partt n thnxx 4r updatingg dearrr

saba
jagrutid thumbnail

Chapter two is added ..do let me know what you think..any of you have any suggestions or...think of any improvements I can make pls know. 😊  jagruti

jagrutid thumbnail

Yey a bit of suspense, 😉 you will have to wait and see. Gauri will be introduced in the next chapter....

mintfresh thumbnail
great part but still confused😕.does samar know gauri from before?r shiv and samar played by yash tonk , i mean r they identical ? what is the mystery behind mahen's sudden wish for getting shiv and gauri married?
eagerly waiting for next part.plz cont soon
bookwormlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
awesome start! dying to know wht the  suspense is...maybe samar did something, and the blame is on shiv😔 or maybe completely different...who was tht message from in tht end?Ippy?😡😆and loved the way he deleted the message, is it an indication tht he is gonna give his marriage a chance and he will be faithful?😳
pls continue soon😃
Edited by shivgauri - 15 years ago
jagrutid thumbnail
thanks for reading my fan fiction ..hope you like it so far.... mintfresh
yey you said your confused...lol sorry maybe i didnt make it clear ...both samar and shiv are based on the character of yash tonk...twins. and for the rest,....im gonna leave it in suspense...it will become clearer in my upcoming chapters....   jagruti
jagrutid thumbnail

Shiv Ki Gauri

Chapter 3

Recap: Shiv has a phone conversation with Prateek and talks to him about how Mehen has made him promise that he will marry gauri, a girl who Shiv has never met and has agreed to marry for a reason he himself is not aware of. Alok comes to meet Shiv when Samar walks in and recognises Alok as Gauri's dad which Shiv is surprised at. Later on Shiv receives a text message asking him come to blue moon hotel which he deletes.

Strings of classical music and the sound of drums filled the air of the mandir creating a tranquil yet melodious and spiritual atmosphere.

Once having visited Shiv's office Alok carried out his daily routine opened up the mandir carried out his Puja's and sat down with his musical instruments.

A girl stood in front of a Statue of Mahadev with her eyes closed and hands folded.

Ishwar satya hai
Satya hi Shiv hai
Shiv hi sundar hai
Jaago uth kar dekho
Jeet jyot ujaagar hai
Satyam Shivam sundaram, satyam Shivam sundaram
Satyam Shivam sundaram, sundaram, aah, aah aah

The words echoed, throughout the mandir, beautifully in time with Alok's music, each of the words complemented the music.

Satyam Shivam sundaram, satyam Shivam sundaram

Alok knew his daughter was gifted with better musical talents then his own but never quite understood, all these years of musical practise and still he was no wear near as good as his daughter, but this was something he was very proud of he had passed a talent onto her which would be with her all her life and it was much more than music it was something that had culture and spiritual significance which he was passing on and that thought made him even happier.

Gauri stood in a white choli suit, long dark brown hair and brown eyes looking very innocent and sweet, still stood with her hands folded with an incredibly peaceful expression on her face.

Alok walked up behind her just about to call for her when he heard a sweet voice, he realised that she had not finished her prayers he paused waiting behind her.

Gauri:  "Aap toe sab kuch jante hai bhagvan, aap please sab theek kardejiye aur baba ko kushi dejyega…woh bohot parishaan rehte hai….please…Thank you" she opened her eyes and smiled at the murti (statue) in front of her.

Alok smiled: "Gauri beta!"

Gauri: Baba! Seeing her dad brought a tremendous joy to her face.

She touched her dad's feet and then gave him a hug.

(Gauri was still in Alok's arms)Alok: "acha beta kal tumari shaadi hai  tum abhi taak us baat ko leykar pareshan toe nahi ho na." Gauri didn't answer his question. "tum yey shaadi karogi naa " gauri nodded a yes "dekho tumare bade papa use ghar mein hai aur shiv ek acha ladka hai …." Alok hadn't finished but having heard shiv's name terrified her she moved away from Alok at once, tears came to her eyes and to hide them she looked away from her dad.

Alok: "dekho"..he paused and looked at gauri having seen her upset he thought it was best to change the subject.

"Hah gauri aaj tumara Gana toda besura laga" gauri looked up at her dad and gave a disappointed look…alok laughted at which gauri replyed "aapke gane se toda kum besura" she then smiled at her dad who had a amused but annoyed expression on his face. "ab yeh hai meri beti gauri always smiling."

Alok looks at gauri and notices that the necklace he gifted her was missing. Gauri wasn't one who wore jewellery but she always wore the necklace her dad had bought for her so Alok was surprised to see it missing. "Gauri woh tumari chain, woh jo ohm ka pendent that woh kaha hai?" gauri looks down at her neck and a worried look becomes apparent on her face.

Gauri: "woh baba, lagta hai woh kahi gir gaya hoga" with that she starts to fidget with her duputta to cover her neck "Woh mein naya banvaloongi, Muje der ho rahi hai baba, mein ja rahi hoon"

Alok: Mein bhi tumare saath chalta hoon

Gauri: Nahi baba! Mein akeli chalijaugi

Alok: Teek hai beta, magar koi bhat ho na toe muje phone kara.

Gauri: Ok baba

With that gauri leaves

Alok stands and watches her leave he falls into thought and concern he looks up towards the sky "hey bhagvan sab kuch teek kardena, Gauri ko dukh ka samna karne ki shakti dena."

Gauri walks out of the mandir gates onto the high street where she stops and puts her hand out for a taxi. After 5 minutes of waiting and shouting at all the taxi's that ignored her, one finally stopped. She got into the taxi.

Taxi driver: "Kaha jana hai madam? There was a silence no answer the driver looked at his central mirror and asked again. "Kaha jana hai madam?" Gauri was lost in her own thoughts, hearing the driver's voice she jerked out of her thoughts and became aware of the environment she was in. "Hah, City Hospital please."

On the other side of the city, Shiv walks into Kapoor mansion feeling a little depressed and confused at the days goings on he walks in to find complete darkness, no lighting and no body to be seen, he walks through the corridor to the lounge looking around "Kha hai saab!, ramu kaka meri coffee!  Rubbing his forehead trying to ease his headache as he walks in. He was beginning to think that whisky in the office was a bad idea. "kha mar gaye sab!"

"Yaha" Shiv heard a voice coming from further down in the room. It was Samar.  The lights turned on and Shiv sees his brother sitting at the lounge bar. 

Shiv: "5pm and your drinking?"

Samar: why not, why not come and join me?

Shiv: "I think I'll stick to my coffee, kya aap kaya ka intasare kar rahe hai?"

Samar looks up at Shiv and gives an angry look but no reply.

Shiv comes and sits on a stool next to Samar and notices numerous empty glasses and alcohol bottles it was obvious that Samar had been there a while. Shiv looks at Samar and try's to start a conversation with him but this he finds extremely hard the only thing Samar and Shiv had in common was the fact that they were identical twins, Shiv has always found Samar hard to relate to he has always known that his brother is one who keeps himself to but there was a strange dark side to Samar, a depressed lonely side.

The rest of the family put Samar's behaviour down to Kaya leaving home but Shiv sensed something different something he couldn't explain. Anyway if kaya was the reason behind Samars behaviour then he ought to be happy today, it was Monday the day Kaya comes to visit dad so Samar should be happy shouldn't he? He would get to see her.

His own problems were more of a concern to him at the minuet he was stuck he knew that there was something wrong but there was no way of finding out what it was his dad still unconscious from his attack and Alok would not reveal anything. Having recalled Samar mentioning Gauri in the office in morning Shiv wonders if this would be a good time to ask Samar about gauri.

Being under the influence of more alcohol then usual there was a chance he would reveal more. With this thought he again tries to make conversation. "So aapka woh cheque bounce toe nahi hua na??

Samar nodded negatively without making any eye contact: "bhala Mr Shiv Kapoor ka cheque kaise bounce hosakta hai" in a sarcastic tone. Well even if it was sarcastic it was a reply. Shiv:"Shube jo aap ne kha tha, aap gauri jante hai."

Samar looked up shiv and gives a suspicious grin "bhot achi Tara se janta hoon par tume nahi bata sakta….. There was a pause.

Shiv gave samar confused looks, the wrinkles on his forehead tensed up with his face which clearly showed both his confusion and worry.

Samar: "Aise kya dekh rahe ho janta hoon woh tumare hone wali biwi hai, your wife to be! She's a nice girl…meine dekha tha use yaha..kam karte hue…very nice." Shiv noticed that dark expression on Samar's face it was like an unknown side of Samar which he would randomly slip into now and again like a trance.

Shiv wanted his brother to open up more, explain himself and tell him all he knew about Gauri but he didn't want to push it his brother was already hard enough to talk to.

Samar: "Woh tumari so called babhi…ayee kya…? You no what shiv who ladki gauri aise nahi hai, kaya jaise nahi hai dekh abhi tak ayee nahi  no, no she's not coming ……..gauri is a nice girl ….nice girl… not like kaya." Samar pulled out something from his pocket and slammed it on the table but Shiv failed to see what it was. Once Samar had moved his hand away Shiv saw lying on the table a round pendent with an ohm engraved in silver, it looked as if it had once been part of a necklace but had been torn apart to be left on its own.

Samar: "Yey mera paas rehe gaya tha, use dedena"

With that Samar stumbled up off the stool and walked across the lounge towards the staircase.

Shiv watched Samar walk up the staircase and then looked at the pendent Samar had left lying in-between a bed of alcohol bottles. "yey babhi ka hoga"  Shiv picked  it up and put it into his shirt pocket.

At City Hospital Prateek had just entered work for his night shift. He walks into his department and sees a few patients he notices that the hospital is a little quieter than usual. He walks up to the reception desk in his department. "Aaj kaun kaun si museebat ka samna karna padega muje?, he smiles at the middle aged woman behind the reception desk who is busy looking through patient records.

The receptionist looks over her glasses and smiles back "o koi museebat nahi, sirf Mrs khana jo pitchle char din se arahee hai aapko valentines day cards denekeley aarahi hey!"

Prateek laughs, "do you blame her, mein itna jo  handsome hu…aur single who can resist", he takes the pile of record from Mrs Sinha and walks off heading towards his office just as he gets part way she stops him.

Receptionist: "Doctor!"

Prateek turns around "Yes Mrs Shina! Muje malum tha kuch na kuch toe bulgayee hogi aap…"

Receptionist: "Woh patient aapko milne aa rahee hai….koi gauri, Dr Singhaniya ki patient."

Prateek: "yes send her in when she gets hear." He walks into his office, his office is neat and tidy everything has its own place. He places the stack of patient records on the corner of the glass desk in a tray. Next to the tray of records sat a desk clock, laptop and a chrome photoframe  which contained a picture of himself and Shiv looking rather young as the picture was taken in there college days. Everything in Prateek's office was neat, tidy and simplistic.

Prateek looked at the pile of patient records gave a sigh and sat down at his desk, although he was happy to see that Mrs Shina had gone to the trouble of neatly ordering each file with the patient name clearly labelled at the front. He picked up the file at the top of the pile it was labelled "Miss Gauri Chatterjee." Just as he read the name there was a knock at the door.

Prateek: "Please come in", Gauri walks in.

Prateek: "you must be Miss Chatterjee, I was just about to look at your records, please take a seat." Gauri sits down.

Prateek smiles at Gauri unaware that this is the very Gauri that his best friend is about to marry. I will only be a minuet I need to read Dr Singhania's diagnosis for you before we go any further. He opens up the file and reads:

Patient record

Name: Gauri Chatterjee   Age: 25    Gender: Female        Blood group: o

Patient diagnosis:

Diagnosed with chronic depression, patient in need of counselling and psychiatric therapy as a result of being a victim of rape.

Patient referred to specialist Doctor Prateek Mehta for further treatment.

Precap: Conversation between Prateek and Gauri, will Prateek come to realise that he is talking to shiv's wife to be and will gauri open up about what she has experienced?

Edited by jagrutid - 15 years ago
jagrutid thumbnail

Hey guys..

just added chapter 3 please let me know what you think
   jagruti