Usain Bolt idolised Sachin Tendulkar

Leo thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Usain Bolt idolised Sachin Tendulkar

Cricketnext.com

Posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 12:56 | Updated Aug 28, 2008 at 13:49

New Delhi: Champion sprinter Usain Bolt yearned to be a top class cricketer and always idolized Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar and West Indian skipper Chris Gayle, a newspaper reported here on Thursday.

"When I was young, I had taken up cricket but my coach decided that I was better off in track and field and hence took up athletics," Bolt was quoted as having said by the Hindi 'Dainik Jagran' newspaper.

Apart from Tendulkar and Gayle, the Jamaican has also been a fan of Aussie cricketers Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden, the newspaper reported.

Bolt, who broke three world records at the Beijing Olympics, also believes he could have been a famous pace bowler like compatriots Malcom Marshall, Michael Holding, Andy Roberts and Joel Garner had he pursued cricket.

courtesy: cricketnext.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Lolz..cnt imagine Usain Bolt..as a cricketer..bt wow..gr8 2 c sum1..idolsing Sachin..!!N he ws brilliant..in Olympics..kudos..2 him..for doing so well..
Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail
yeah I can't imagine him as a cricketer either lol. Nice to know that Sachin was one of his idols 😎
Leo thumbnail
^ Yeah...I know...! somehow it makes me feel proud!
xmanisha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Leo

^ Yeah...I know...! somehow it makes me feel proud!

same here Shruthi! 😃