shraddha talks about shows n karan-article

Posted: 15 years ago
hey everyone found an article on shraddha nigam..i don noe how old it is ..sorry if it has been posted...

From theatre to Television, Shraddha Nigam has come a long way. the actress speaks her mind on TV, movies, serials and of course the special someone in her life Karan Grover Singh

Chaitan Papnai

She was hardly 18 when she gave her first shot for the serial Parvarish. 'I was not at all nervous; I was calm, composed and well-rehearsed. The theatre background had given me enough practice,' says TV-actress Shraddha Nigam. Today at 28, Shraddha maintains the same energy, and is known for her roles in serials like Choodiyan, Maano Ya Na Maano, Kahaani, Darna Mana Hai, Krishna Arjun, Tu Kahe Agar, Saathiya, Dekho Magar Pyar Se and many more.
A science student, Shraddha got into acting at a very young age. 'I had developed this passion for theatre right in my college days. I used to participate in many plays and during one of my plays, an assistant-director spotted me, and from then onwards my acting career kickstarted on television. People spotted me on a Zee TV show called Parvarish and there has been no looking back since then,' says the stunner. 'I don't want to achieve anything now, but I just want to do better work and try to give my best to the audience.'
Shraddha has great hopes with the TV industry. 'As far as TV is concerned, I think it's great and developing fast. Nowadays, serials depict reality more than the movies do. TV industry is much bigger, as far as the work-culture and employment are concerned.'
Says Shraddha, 'I am an actor by profession. So I love to play different roles and what ever comes my way, I will always give my best to please the audience.' The actor has no plans to step into the field of direction right now, but yes 'one day I will definitely step into the field. But I'll never stop acting; both the things will go simultaneously,' she says.
Shraddha's next stop is Bollywood, with two lucrative assignments in hand. 'I can't disclose much about that except that one is a comedy in which you will also see many other TV stars,' she says.
Currently she is busy shooting for Pyar Ishq Mohabbat, a serial on Zee next. What kind of serial is it? 'I am playing the character of Kiya, who is intelligent, cute and a bit confused at the same time. My life revolves around my sister, Sanaa Bollywood actress. I play the secretary of another Bollywood star Angad, played by Sachin Sharma. There is a twist in the story when Kiya falls in love with her boss, who is also her sister's boyfriend. So it's basically a love triangle kind,' reveals Shradha.
Shraddha is not seen on Saas Bahu soaps. 'I prefer reality shows over these,' she says. She is also doing a chat show, a programme on the contestants of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. 'It is amazing talking to the all contestants. They all are simple and down-to-earth people. It is nice to know about the struggle they all went through to reach here. We have a script and everything is done impromptu.'
Shraddha's boyfriend Karan Grover Singh has given her another reason to be happy. 'I've met Karan before, but once we met in a party, and spoke to each other for the first time and it has continued since then. One day we started chatting on the phone at night and the conversation ended up in the morning around eight.' Is Karan a better lover than an actor? 'As an actor he is quite talented and hard-working and as a lover he is also nice but I think he is much better as an actor. I am really excited to have Karan in my life.' She signs off smiling

PS:i really apologize if its already posted..
zafirah
Edited by zgerl - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

armaanilicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks zaf...shes 28? how old is karan?

Originally posted by: angel77

thanks zaf...shes 28? how old is karan?

im not sure karishma ..i think last yr when SBS interview him he said he is 26 years old..i think karan and her mught be one or two years different in age
zaf
hyperash thumbnail

thnksss!!

yea karans 26...
Kanika05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanx! oh! so she's 28...Karan is 26..i guess!

-Kanika😳
armaanilicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

they say if the girl is older its very lucky! 😳

piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Yeah kanu..karan is 26..That means Sharradha id older than karan..Hmmm
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: angel77

they say if the girl is older its very lucky! 😳

Do u believe in this thing?
Chhaliya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: piya2025

Yeah kanu..karan is 26..That means Sharradha id older than karan..Hmmm

I'm also hmmm-ing....
ROFLOL thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
yeah she is like 2 and a half years older than karan...she is turnin 29 this year...i just hope it does prove to b lucky...