Posted: 19 years ago
ENS ECONOMIC BUREAU ENS ECONOMIC BUREAU
Choose between Jain and me: Anil
ENS ECONOMIC BUREAU

Posted online: Friday, January 14, 2005 at 0019 hours IST

MUMBAI/NEW DELHI, JANUARY 13: Setting the stage for an upcoming IPCL board meeting on January 20, Reliance vice-chairman Anil Ambani on Thursday sought a status report on his directorship on the IPCL board. In his second letter on the IPCL issue to his elder brother and IPCL Chairman Mukesh Ambani, Anil said Mukesh will have to choose between ''your brother Anil and friend Anand Jain''. Anil had resigned as vice-chairman and director on the IPCL board on January 3.
Anil's resignation from the board will come up in the board meeting a week from now. Though it is learnt that Anand Jain, a key Mukesh man, has informally offered to quit as director from the IPCL board, a final decision on the matter has been left to Mukesh Ambani. In his first letter on the issue on January 3, Anil had said it would be below his dignity to be on the same board as Anand Jain. The second missive seeks to put pressure on Mukesh as the crucial board meet approaches. In his first communication, Anil had said Jain's official dealings with Reliance were improper and contrary to ethical norms and this has made a huge impact on the business image and reputation of Reliance group companies. Anil had also accused Jain of conspiring to divide the family. While officials in RIL were reluctant to comment, Anil's spokesperson was not available for comment.

Edited by MysticaMagic - 19 years ago
Thanks Minnie! Just cleaned up the posts a bit by removing the extra ads. 😊
Thanks minnie! i never watch the news sooo THANKS A BUNCH!πŸ˜ƒ

hmmm...... minnieπŸ‘

Gr8 work buddy, go on!πŸ‘

thanks so much minnie for a bunch of news.
thx for the excellemt newsπŸ˜‰
it was a wonderful suggestion made by you Minnie and you have implemented it so well also---thanks!!!!  I barely have time to see the news, so this is really a great way to catch up. πŸ‘
Thanks a lot for News. I rarely watch it.