Article: Tina Parikh Fashion Statment

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
TV STAR TRAIL

Tina Parikh talks about being in vogue, in style statements and more...
by Vidhya Krishnan
Aug 13, 2008, Bangalore

Tina Parikh on what makes her tick when it comes to fashion, on endorsing pajamas as the 'casual look' for the season and how denims will never go out fashion.

FASHION TO ME IS… Comfort level

BRANDS THAT I DIG ON... Mango, Nigress and Denim (especially shoes).

AT HOME, YOU WOULD FIND ME LOUNGING IN... Shorts

MY GYM WEAR IS... Nike only.

FORMAL LOOK TO ME IS... I follow on what suits me the best. It depends on the occasion also. It is generally Indian ethnic or I may balance it with a fusion wear. I love wearing trousers, so if the mood strikes me right, you will find me in a pair of chic trousers and a well cut blazer.

CASUAL LOOK FOR ME IS… Pajamas

MY PARTY ENSEMBLE IS... I am a denim aficionado. There's nothing like a pair of jeans to set the mercury levels rising.

MY CLASSIC STYLE STATEMENT IS… Jean and a funky top.

INDIAN DESIGNERS THAT I FOLLOW… I love Anamika and Reena Dhaka. I am a die hard fan of their clothes. They are the right combination of funk and zing.

THE ULTIMATE STYLE ICON TO ME IS… Quite a few! But, I admire classic beauty, grace and a bit of zing to it…so my style icons would be Shabana Azmi, Shoba, Illa Arun.

A MUST HAVE IN MY PURSE IS… Hand sanitizer and perfume.

MY PARTY LOOK FOR THE SEASON IS…. Wearing vibrant colors would make one feel less gloomy.

THE PERFUME, WHICH IS MY SIGNATURE STATEMENT… Romance... I am a perfume freak.

THE COLORS OF THIS SEASON… Yellow, green and gold.

I'M A FASHION JUNKIE WHEN IT COMES TO… Shoes!

MY FAVORITE DESIGNER IS… None in specific.

MY MOST EXPENSIVE DRESS IS…. There are loads since I recently got married. But I prefer not to disclose anything about it.

MY MOST EMBARRASSING FASHION FAUX PAS IS… Never! I am very careful about what I wear. The industry that we are in does not forgive a faux pas easily.

MY FASHION STATEMENT FOR THE SEASON IS…. "Perfect smile".

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/tina_parikh_fashion_column/august-13-2008/tina_parikh_fashion_column.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kar_Nan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I didnt know she was married, Thanks for the article

Aisha