Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Rain Rain go away...come again another da

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Rain Rain go away...come again another day!

by Meenakshi Shankar

Jul 29, 2008, Mumbai  

Ahhh...there's nothing like the hot piping 'chai' and samosas, curled up in your sofa reading the latest thriller and watching the rain wreck havoc on a perfectly normal Mumbai life. Blissful state of existence for some, but for others who need to move on and meet deadlines, it is a nightmare come true.

The Mumbai rains have been merciless...

And if we were to say that they have created havoc on the deadlines of the saga of the soaps, it would be very mild. On a windy Tuesday afternoon, we caught up with the popular channel, STAR PLUS who faced the fury of the rain gods, but nonetheless, had a smile and a cuppa tea to offer us before bemoaning the mayhem and confusion that was staring at their face, thanks to the famed Mumbai rains!

Hamari Devrani, a popular TRP generator had their crew stranded in the jungle of Borivali National Park because of the prevailing weather condition….Apparently the crew is shooting the upcoming jungle sequence in which Bhakti and Mohan get lost.

Panic hits the Amul Star Voice Of India- Mega Music league and just incase you are wondering if panic is the second name for the media guys, think twice because seemingly the rains have flooded their Veera Desai edit studio. And the weekend episode is still somewhere midway between the shoot location. Just thinking about it has us reaching out to the paper bags to breathe in and out...in and out...in and out...in and out...

Our very popular, Sapna Babul Ka, Bidaai too faced the fury of mother nature. Thanks to the quick thinking of the cast and crew, they managed to salvage the costumes and jewellery of most of the star cast before the sets witnessed floods like none before witnessed in Mumbai. As an inside source in a jocular tone says, "We are here, wearing all the jewelery under our poncho and drinking chai and watching the rains. Because, the shoot is not happening."

Grihasti was another serial which faced the fury of Mother Nature. Seemingly, there was a fresh entry Manas Ahuja (played by Shaleen Bhanot).

Imagine a typical filmy sequence - his entry involved a fight sequence on the road. The sequence was that a driver of Amrit transport company (which is run by the lead girls Sohni and Rano) has been paid by someone to cause an accident and malign the name of their company

drives very rashly and almost runs over a small kid playing on the road. But just in time another truck pulls in and blocks the path of the errant truck driver saving the kid's life. The rouge driver blames the child and raises his hand to beat the child, but is stopped by a hand that holds him back and we reveal that the driver of the other truck is Manas (Shaleen). It was a dramatic sequence and was supposed to be the freeze of the Monday episode.

The unit was supposed to shoot this on Saturday morning at Filmcity. The unit was waiting on location from 7 a.m. in the morning hoping that the rain will stop and they will shoot. Finally they packed up at 2 p.m. without taking any shots. Sunday proved to be the same old story wherein the insistent rains forced them to stay under cover and praying that the rain will stop and they would be able to shoot.

But our rain gods are not listening to prayers anymore. So the unit decided to take matters onto their own hands and shoot a rain sequence. A risky proposition for the light men, but equipping them effectively, the unit shot a daring macho Shaleen deliver few of the famed filmy punches in the rain and the effect actually turned out to be far better than what was anticipated.

When we saw the canned episode, we couldn't, but agree that Shaleen did look like a dashing hero given the situation. In Shaleen's case, it turned out to be a win win situation.

Going back to our cuppa 'chai' and enjoying the famed fury of the Mumbai rains, we sure hope that our directors and EP's see some reason to enjoy the rains like we do...
http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Features/Star_Plus_daily_soaps/July-29-2008/Star_Plus__daily_soaps__rain_2.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Its raining here as well, as we just got the lights back after 4 hrs.
sikhgirl83 thumbnail
its raining here in Vancouver as well. I got soaked on my way to work. With all this wind too, carrying an umbrella just does not help!
KinshukLuvsDina thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
awwwwwwww wowwwww i just luvvvvvv rains 😃😳😃
jab alekhG. n ranvirG. jaisa partner hoo
tu rains r lyk heaven on earth😳

n m sure da ragini dancin in rain epi will
b reallly nice n a treat 2 watch esp. 4 RanvirG. n ragini lovers
i just cant wait 4 dis epi😳
but i dun only wana c ragini but ranvirG. shud also
b enjoyin n dancin rain n rememberin her phone frnd😳👏😳

n alekhG. n sadhna 2 enjoyin n dancin in rain😉😃😉
on a road not in house soo deres no1 to disturb😳

Edited by dina - 15 years ago
Originally posted by: sikhgirl83

its raining here in Vancouver as well.

I got soaked on my way to work. With all this wind too, carrying
an umbrella just does not help!

awwwwwwww how romantic yar😳
yahan lahore mai b kal se mausam buhat acha hai
no sun alll cloudy n rain 2😳😳😳
awww u wud b enjoyin naa😳i 2 wana cum dere
mai b phas jaon kahin but wiv ne1 outta my 3 hotties
rajeev angad or kinshuk😳

bas ranvirG. n alekhG. k saath ki kami hai😳
Originally posted by: pinkykhan

Its raining here as well, as we just got the lights back after 4 hrs.

😃WWOWW😃
rains n no light kewl😳

alekhG. n ranvirG. hoon tu maza aye😳