Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK and Akshay should envy Ranvir Shorey!

surkikhani thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

On a busy working day afternoon, I rush from my office to meet Ranvir Shorey in a suburban hotel. The first thing that I notice after meeting him is his big fat tummy. I can't help but ask him about it. "It is for a Rajat Kapoor film tentatively titled 'Rectangular Love Story' that I am doing. I have gained 12 kilos for it", said Ranvir.

Ranvir has his kitty full with as many as three releases within a month; Good Luck, Singh is Kinng and Ugly Aur Pagli . "I think Shah Rukh Khan or Akshay Kumar should envy me right now. I have three releases and I am not worried. But I did not wish it. I have very different parts in all three movies. In Good Luck I have a cameo supporting role and in Singh is Kinng I have a supporting part through and through. It is an Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif film. While, in Ugly Aur Pagli I am the lead player and Shah Rukh and Akshay should be envious about how much variety I have as an actor in this month. I am smug about it. I am very happy. As an actor you can't ask for more."

Talking about Ugly Aur Pagli , Ranvir said, " Ugly Aur Pagli is a quirky romantic comedy. It gets quirky to the point of getting kinky. The story is about this guy called Kabir Achrekar. He is a middle class Maharashtrian kid who is spoilt. He is a very complacent guy. He meets this girl Kuhu (Mallika Sherawat) one night. He falls in love with her and his life changes completely. The film is roughly in the same group as Pyaar Ke Side Effects ."

So what does Ranvir feel about her co-star Mallika Sherawat? "Mallika is fabulous. I feel she has not been given enough credit. In this business it is very difficult to make an identity of your own, especially if you are a woman. In such a scenario, she has managed to make her own identity that also on her own terms. I think people should respect her because I certainly do."

The tagline of the film says '99 slaps, 1 kiss.' Talking about it Ranvir said, "I did not start doing films because I wanted to kiss chicks. Kisses and slaps are all part of the story. I do not think about it at home. When I kiss someone for the camera, there is no gratification. For me it is a very technical thing. I would not want to be known as a 'serial kisser'."

Talking about his impressive line of future projects Ranvir said, "I have Good Luck, Singh is Kinng and Ugly Aur Pagli which are ready for release. Apart from that I have I Am 24, Chandni Chowk to China and Teesri Manzil which are complete and ready for release. I will be working on Rajat Kapoor's Rectangular Love Story, a Percept film which will be directed by Chandrakant Kulkarni, David Dhawan's Do Not Disturb, Tina Ki Chabi for Amit Saxena and Tyre Puncture-The Adventures of Fanta Cola by Minty Tejpal with Vinay Pathak.