Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aishaa3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Ofc i wanted to ask Where is Astha😉cant wait for next...I like ur way of writing...keep goin👍🏼
seeheeryou thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very interesting.. Waiting for next update!
Celestia3 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
really nice story...continue soon
Optimist_d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
loved it dear
please do pm me
bm11 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter IV

Sometimes it happened that an accidental person due to some remarkable set of circumstances gets an official post despite the obvious discrepancies between his nature or beliefs and the governmental reality. Mr. Avdoot Kirloskar was from that cohort of people who believed in such values like honesty, loyalty, truth. He even had principals. Mr. Niranjan Agnihotri would welcome any personal quality of the newly appointed Head of the Land Committee if only that 'Head' could think. At the present time it looked like the connections which had been created and cherished for years were on the verge of breaking up. Mr. Kirloskar had intentions to review the contracts which had been let earlier with government partners. Agnihotri Group was one of the most active members of the partnership. Maybe Mr. Kirloskar was not the smartest human being but there was no need to have IQ 200 to see understated intrinsic value of the options in the contracts suggested to Agnihotri Group (AG). Slowly Niranjan started realizing the seriousness of the situation. He began pulling every possible string attached to the Kirloskars's position but in vain. Mr. Ideal Citizen was not involved in any kind of illegal activities: no bribery, no forgery, and no corruption. He was even faithful to his wife and what is even worse she was faithful to him. Middle class family, disgustingly normal and living within their means. When Niranjan had exhausted all the affordable options it dawned on him: if you dismissed all the possible variants and you were left with the last one which earlier had looked utterly impossible, this last impossible one became the only possible option for you...

'Shlok, good evening! Where are you?' Niranjan sounded calmly.

'Hello, father. I'm driving home. How are you? Anything happened?'

'No, everything is fine. It might get even better if you could do me a favor...'

This word 'a favor' hit Shlok like a hammer. In a moment he grasped the significance of this phone call. He knew whatever his father requested he would do it. He promised him seven years ago and he was a man of a word.

'I'm listening'

'Shlok, I want you to marry'

There was no pause in Shlok's answer 

'I'm ready. When and where?'

'Shlok, one day you'll have a son and I wish you experience the emotion I feel now. I thank you for that.'

'That's good but you haven't answered my questions'...

'Her name is Astha. Are you interested who is she?'

'Should I be interested? I prefer to be honest with you. I don't care. Since you choose her for me, she'll suite me.'

'May I send an official offer?'

'Of course. Anything else?'

'No. Please come home as quickly as possible'

Suresh was sitting at the passenger's seat and unintentionally overheard the conversation but as usual said nothing. Keeping mouth shut was his forte. He knew very well when Shlok wanted to say something he would say it regardless the audience desires but if he preferred to be silent no one could make him speak.

Suddenly Shlok broke the silence 

'I'm getting married.'

'That's wonderful. Congratulations!' answered Suresh.

Edited by bm11 - 10 years ago
bm11 thumbnail
So guys, we have Asthat at last😊 , well, tio be precise, her family😉
ruhakhan thumbnail
niranjan is cunning 
waiting for astha nd shlok first meeting 
do update soon
Aishaa3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So Marriage?😳shlok is just returng the favor...cant wait for asthas entry😛
seeheeryou thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Astha only in name!! Eagerly waiting for her entry.. Nice update
bm11 thumbnail

Chapter V

Astha Kirloskar was so desperately shy. It created more difficulties for her than possibilities. She struggled with this complication but twenty four years of her life did not let her break this barrier through. Once she liked a boy at school who was two years senior but her modesty strictly prohibited her any further steps. She has always been a good girl for her mother and father. There are children who grow up without bringing any headache. If you ask such a child to sit on that 'exact chair' for half an hour he or she would do exactly what was requested and half an hour later you'd find your heir right where you had left him. She laughed hundred times more often than cried. After school she chose finance as her profession but her mother being a traditional woman was dead sure that one day her pretty Astha would meet her 'prince charming' and would be 'trapped in a happy life-long matrimony'. Mrs. Kirloskar wasn't really demanding but a couple of things were 'a must': Astha's prince must be well-off, it was obligatory; he must be manageable and controllable, that was desirable. Mrs. Kirloskar has never met any other convenient options, she has been married for twenty five years and not for a single day she regretted being 'the head' of the family. Being a devoted mother and a guiding practical and faithful wife was more than enough for every woman, wasn't it?

It was the perfect time for Astha to get married. The caring mother has tried for her daughter several times already but Astha's timidity didn't let Mrs. Kirloskar fulfill her dreams. Astha refused three offers of marriage but the last one wasn't the one to reject. 

Mr. Shlok Agnihotri, the Mr. Shlok Agnihotri chose Astha Kirloskar as his life partner. Mother's heart melted even more when she found out from his father that it would certainly be a love marriage as 'the boy nearly lost his head when he saw Miss Kirloskar at the bank'. So Astha had to accept it by all means, there were chances in life which could occur only once. Mrs. Kirloskar knew very well which side of her bread was buttered.

Astha was at home at 6 a.m. and her mother went straight to the point

'Astha, dear. We have an offer of marriage. Astha was not shocked and answered calmly

'I must meet him to make a decision. I don't believe in photos'

'Astha, of course we can arrange it. You could Google him as well. He's a prominent man. He's name is Mr. Shlok Agnihotri.'

'From AG?'

'Exactly. He wasn't married before.'

'Children?'

'What do you mean? Children without marriage? How is it possible?'

'I don't see any problems. Well, I'll have a look. If he's interested in me let him come to our place.'

Astha left the kitchen for her room and started browsing internet searching one name. When she had opened the photos she realized that something significant was going on. There are moments in life when we all of a sudden sense the premonition of changes. Astha sensed that quite well. The very first picture was his official portrait from AG site. He had a blog there, some quotations she found interesting especially the title one 'Life is short; break the rules'. She knew that one of Mark Twain and she found it interesting. Who was he? A rebel? A posing rebel? Just showing off? Wanted to produce an impression of an independent leader? Daddy's boy? There were more questions than answers. Then suddenly one strange photo attracted her attention - without any obvious reason among the pictures of the one and only Mr. Shlok Agnihotri she notice a picture of a lonely girl obviously crying closing her face with her hands... Looked like she was in blue sari...  Astha sensed something familiar about the girl and the sensation was unpleasant... The picture didn't respond to clicking. She reloaded the page and the photo disappeared. It was getting late and she closed the laptop. 

________

Your wish is my command - meet Astha.

Edited by bm11 - 10 years ago