I got a call from Omung Sir's office. I went to see him & he exactly knew what he wanted & how my character would shape up. I read the script the same day. I liked my part. I have a special appearance. Followed by a look test & then I was on it.
2. What was your first reaction when you heard that you are paired opposite Aditi Rao Hydari? It was always more about being a part of Sanjay Dutt's comeback film, It was a big deal for me. I knew that Aditi is a pretty girl & good in her craft. It's always nice to be paired opposite a good actor.
3. Who broke the ice on the first day of shoot?
Technically we met first time during our look test. I'm glad we interacted & spoke about the film so we had a comfort level on the first day of the shoot.
4. How was your off- screen chemistry with Aditi?
We had a very tight schedule, we would shoot & go to sleep, so basically we didn't have much time to know each other. But whatever little time we all had in our hand, we would all sit together, eat together. That was really nice. She's a sweet person.
What do you say about working with an actor who's done over 180 films. Every moment spent was a great learning in itself. A figure of that stature, his energy is unparalleled. What sets him apart is his aura, his personality & his attitude. He's blunt, straightforward. It was blissful experience.
6. One quality that you liked and disliked about Sanjay and Aditi?
I don't really think there is any such thing that I would dislike about Sanjay Dutt
even if there ever way. I have grown up watching his films & in awe of him so don't really pay attention to other things. But Sanjay Sir's major quality has got to be that not every big actor is so welcoming towards new comers, the phone-call conversations are overwhelming.
7. Any memorable moments from the shoot?
I had my fanboy moment on the first day of the shoot. To see him perform live on was magical. I have grown up watching his films. This is his comeback film. The energy on the sets was high voltage when he gave his first shoot. I have a small brief role in the film but whatever time I shot with them, it was like a close knit family.
8. Your future projects?