Rehan Khan wins the Fame X title

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
   Saturday, February 24, 2007

By A.L. Chougule

Rehan Khan from Mumbai is the winner of SAB's first reality talent hunt show Fame X. The show that looked for an X factor in a singer to make it as a rock star, Rehan walked his way to fame through 13 tough rounds spread over three months. He emerged winner despite tough competition from Rakesh and Aditya Jassi who he admits were serious contenders for the Fame X title.

The Fame X title is Rehan's ticket to fame. He has bagged a Rs 50 lakh contract from Sony-BMG, besides a big platform from Sony Entertainment Network and Visa International by way of an opportunity to sing the 'Inspire India cricket anthem' for the Indian cricket team competing in the forthcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 to be held in West Indies in March. Rehan will also be the MTV artiste of the month. "It's a great feeling," gushes the singer who had developed interest in music during his childhood. It was his father who encouraged him to pursue his interest in music.

"I learnt tabla and started my training in singing. Two years back I started doing stage shows with 'Indian Idol' Abhijeet Sawant and contestant Rahul Vaidya. They were all praise for my talent and asked me to take part in a reality talent hunt show," says Rehan. Rehan is now nursing the dream of being a playback singer in films and having his own music band

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
Realy cool.
I hope he has already sang a song for WC...
coolnitin2 thumbnail
I hope he sings good and make us proud.