Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Groove to the retro beats!

Excitement never stops on Fame X . Tonight retro picks will be rendered by 14 rock stars on this show of SAB

The musical extravaganza in the star-studded night will have the viewers glued on to their seats with the famous tracks from the early 80s to 90s. The opening act will be by Banjo on Mehbooba Mehbooba followed by other gala performances. To give you a sneak peek—Mumbai contestants Neethi and Rehan will be belting out Laila Main Laila and Hai Agar Dushman Zamana respectively while Delhi boy Ashutosh will perform on Parda Hai Parda. Judge Ganesh Hegde is very excited to watch them perform on these classic tracks and says, "It is an excellent opportunity to perform on the popular retro tracks which were the most beautiful compositions of that era." Dean of Fame X Academy, Palash Sen adds, "I am ready to show the world that the 14 rock stars trained by me will belt out the most famous numbers with much lan."
   To experience all the musical glitz, tune in to Fame X tonight at 10 pm on SAB. You could also catch the show, Monday to Thursday at 9 pm.

shruti thumbnail

http://epaper.hindustandainik.com/

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Do you have that 'X'ing in you?

Arti Kapur Singh
CNN-IBN
Posted Sunday , December 10, 2006 at 10:07 Updated Sunday , December 10, 2006 at 10:12

Mumbai: Palash Sen is seen in a completely different role in Fame X, a sequel to reality talent show, Fame Gurukul.

He is a friend, a mentor and Dean to the 16 contestants participating in the show. The talent of the participants is formidable and so are the influences.

"Right from R D Burman, A R Rahman, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Led Zepplin, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd influence me," says a contestant, Aditya.

But talent is not that the show demands. The new season of the show will judge contestants not just on their singing abilities, but also on their X-factor. So amidst the comfortable confines of the rather well done up Fame X Academy, there are a number of spy-cams to monitor their every move and even a timetable to be strictly followed.

But when asked hat exactly is this X-factor, we got mixed reactions.

"That's a question still reeling on my mind," says Aditya.

Cyrus Broacha, who is one of the judge was in one of his humourous moods. "You mean the girl I was seeing before," he says.

But the dean has things sorted. "It could be the way the person walks or talks. X factor comes from within," says Palash Sen.

"X factor is when you perform fearlessly and confidently in front of any number of audience, " says singer and judge, Daler Mehndi.

So X Factor is not something you can borrow or steal. That's one reason actor Arshad Warsi gives for his presence in the industry.

"I don't know what X factor is. But if I didn't have it, I wouldn't have been here," he says.

FINDING THE 'X' FACTOR: The new season of the show will judge contestants on their X-factor.
Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 11: Kabul Express reaches Fame Academy
Raghav, the music director of the much-anticipated film Kabul Express, made a guest appearance at the Academy and gave an encouraging speech to the contestants. Today's guest judge was actor Arshad Warsi, widely known as 'circuit' (of the Munnabhai series) and also a lead actor in Kabul Express. Fame Kudi Sophie asked him about his career. Arshad, who has been through the highs and lows of show business, affirmed the importance of having patience and self-belief. Today's theme was 'Retro' and all the songs chosen by the contestants were from the 70s and 80s. Rehan came out with the famous kawwali Hai agar dushman, dushman, giving the young audience a glimpse of the lost art. Daler was very happy with the 'bindhast' style with which Rehan performed the song. When Arshad asked if Rehan had the X-factor, Rehan quoted a dialogue from Arshad's film Munnabhai and a pleased Arshad said that he had. Anandi sang Parde me rehne do with such ada that Arshad specially mentioned how much he enjoyed it. MTV judge Cyrus Broacha gave her a nickname—Happy Buniyan, playing on her name. Sammy came out in style riding a motorbike, but without a helmet, a fact that was later pointed out by funny man Cyrus, and sang Bin tere sanam in a rock style. Arshad asked him never to lose his style and Dean Palash explained to Daler the rock fusion of the Hindi song. Sammy sang a particularly meaningful line pointing at one of the contestants and on further prodding by Sophie revealed the name of that contestant. He was singing for Arunima. Jyotika sang the evergreen Asha number O mere sona re. She looked so pretty that Arshad said he didn't know whether to listen to her or take her home. Cyrus, not one to miss a chance, promptly reminded him that he was a married man. Alok sang Kya huwa tera vaada. Daler asked him to work on his voice quality and Arshad asked him to be more confident. Cyrus joked that he wrote the song when his girlfriend dropped her 'vada'—as in the vada of vada pav. Priyanka crooned the sensual song Bahon me chale aao and everyone was dumbfounded by the performance. Even Dean Palash commented on this fact. Ritu sang Aur is dil me beautifully. Arshad said that she had the X-factor but that it had not come out well yet. Daler was so happy that he asked the audience to give Ritu a big hand of applause. Rakesh, who had received a letter from his wife (the first since his admittance to the Academy), chose an apt song to—Chitty ayee hai. The judges liked his performance. Vidhaan, who had been saved from the Danger Zone last time, sang Sara jamana. He looked more confident before. Arshad felt that he needed to work on his body language and Daler asked him to get the right notes. Aditya, full of attitude, sang Om Shanti Om. Arshad exclaimed that there was no doubt about him having the X-factor. Daler, however, was not so happy. He advised Aditya to not be kumsura—someone who feels he sings well, but, in reality, does not have sur. Ashutosh sang Parda hai parda, his wonderful smile in place. Arshad noticed his boyish charm and told him so. 'Cash on it' was Arshad's advice to him. Daler's compliment was 'Dusaron se behatar gate ho.' Arunima, wearing a beautiful sari, sang Tumse naraz nahi zindagi with 100 per cent feeling. So much so that for the first time in the contest, the judges stood up to cheer her on. Naturally, no one had a bad thing to say about her performance, but almost everyone commented on her looks and poise. Neeti, the petit beauty, sang <>Laila o Laila. Daler, pretending to be upset, asked her if she had got the correct musical track. A confused and scared Neeti answered that she had and then Daler revealed that he was only joking and, in fact, she had sung very nicely. Last was Banjo who performed Mehbooba mehbooba. The classic song was sung by the late great R D Burman. Banjo's performance was not equal, but pretty good. In an impromptu moment, Anandi joined him to dance to the tune. Arshad asked Banjo to smile more and enjoy the song. This time the judges decided to send five contestants, instead of four, to the Danger Zone. They chose Aditya, Jyotika, Vidhan, Priyanka and Alok. Dean Palash mentioned that since it was Aditya, Jyotika and Vidhaan's second time in the Zone, he wouldn't save them. He chose Priyanka to be back in the Safe Zone.

On Monday, the contestants will vote for one of the four to be back in the Academy.

monika.goel thumbnail

Infamous behaviour

Apparently veejay Sophie Chaudhary is throwing tantrums on the sets of Fame X

Back to Section Stories

Ranjib Mazumder

Sophie Chaudhary is giving a tough time to the crew members of Fame X, the new reality show on SAB. Apparently, the hostess has earned the reputation of being high-handed and arrogant on the sets. Says a source in the production house, "Sophie vies for constant attention from everyone on the sets. She throws her weight around and picks fights with Saumya Rao, vocal trainer and vice-principal in the show. What irritates others the most is that Sophie is accompanied by her mother on the sets, who keeps complaining about everything. She also forgets her dialogue very often and starts talking in English instead of Hindi."

Another source says, "She takes the maximum time to get ready for a shot. Recently, she kept the entire unit, including cebebrities like Palash Sen, Daler Mehendi and Ganesh Hegde, waiting till 11.30 pm, which was two hours behind the scheduled time for pack-up. Recently, she asked the producers to wrap up the shooting of the gala episode at 7.30 pm, as she had a flight to catch." 

When contacted, Sophie Chaudhary said, "My mother doubles up as my manager and she will always be there with me. Moreover, I carry my food and water from home and take nothing from the production house. How can they say that I am creating problems for them? I have always been punctual on the sets. There have been so many instances when I reached at the venue before anyone else did. This is an attempt to malign me."

She continued, "That day, the shooting got delayed by four hours. The shooting was supposed to start at 2 pm, but it started at 4.30 pm. I had to catch an international flight, but even then I stayed back till the end. I somehow managed to catch the flight at the eleventh hour. When I signed the contract, I had informed them about the tour. So, why I should be held responsible for it now?"

Sophie added, "I share a very good rapport with the crew members. As far as my speaking in Hindi is concerned, I can teach the language to anyone. Ironically, when the scriptwriter handed me the first draft, it contained 90 per cent English lines. I insisted that my lines should be in Hindi. It's disheartening to hear such accusations."

When contacted Rajesh Kamat, MD of Endemol India, said, "These are routine professional hazards of any reality show."

I share a very good rapport with the crew members. As far as my speaking in Hindi is concerned, I can teach the language to anyone
Sophie Chaudhary

monika.goel thumbnail
Episode 12: Jyotika gets the votes again!
The Fame Academy students are enjoying their return to a college-like atmosphere: Arunima complaining about too much pink in the girls' room; Banjo singing Anda hai anda during breakfast; the boys pulling each others' leg (often literally, to wake up a late sleeper); girls doing their girly things. All in all, everything indicates the wonderful time the Fame X-ians are having at the Academy. They did not even spare the judges and faculty. In a fun session, they enacted the gala round. Banjo played Daler, Aditya was Ganesh, Ashutosh was Cyrus, Arunima was Sophie, Sammy played Dean Palash, Priyanka was Sowmya, Rehan was a floor manager, and Jyotika played 'Jyotika the contestant'. Arunima's Sophie act was on the dot and so were Aditya's Ganesh and Ashutosh's Cyrus. Sammy excelled as Dean Palash and as usual, Banjo, the joker in the pack, did Daler to hilarious results. But then it was time to get serious. Dean Palash assembled everyone in the music room and brought up a serious point. Rehan had verbally abused Ritu. Dean Palash was quite upset with it and said lack of discipline among the students won't be tolerated. He also commented on the performances by the Danger Zone contestants. He made sure each understood his/her mistake and asked them to improve on it. He was specifically unhappy about the lack of performance in the contestants' acts and told them they are not there just to sing. They are supposed to move around, have more expressions and basically win over the audience. Only Rehan and Neeti, he said, seemed to have grasped that fact. All the Danger Zonists appealed to their fellow X-ians to vote for them. Jyotika mentioned that she had sacrificed an academic year to be there and Aditya asked them to vote for him if they thought he was worth it. Banjo, who is good friends with Aditya, was worried about the tough decision because he felt Jyotika had performed better in the gala round. He got so emotional that he made Aditya cry along with himself. Dean Palash called everybody in the rehearsal room for voting. One by one each contestant revealed his/her vote and once again it was clear that most of them thought Jyotika didn't deserve to be in the Danger Zone. Dean Palash asked Jyotika to be back to the Safe Zone.

Fate of the remaining three will be decided after the caf round. This time two contestants will be voted out. Tune in to SAB TV at 9 p.m. to find out which one.

shruti thumbnail
shruti thumbnail
Sophie evicted from Fame X
   By: Tushar Joshi
   December 13, 2006

Gayi fame kudi: Sophie Choudhary
SAB's Fame X has a new host. Shilpa Saklani has stepped into Sophie Choudhary's high heels after she demanded an apology from the production house Endemol for maligning her in a tabloid. Giving details about the development, Sophie says, "I had already conveyed my decision to quit a few days back. But I was in for a rude shock when I read an article calling me unprofessional, saying that I had thrown tantrums on the set. I've been in the industry for a long time, and have done both television and films. I won't take anyone calling me names calmly."

High expectations

There was buzz about Sophie making last minute changes in the schedule to suit her needs. Reacting to this she says, "I had already informed the production house the number of days I was pre-booked. I do a lot of stage shows and they knew this in advance. In fact, I had to appear for a Morani brothers show in Bali sometime ago and these guys kept me waiting on the sets till the very end. This happened even though I gave them three months advance notice. If I am being a professional and giving my best to the show I expect the same from the production house."

Calling herself the most chilled out person to work with she says, "Forget throwing tantrums, I have never made any demand on the set. I carry my fruits, bottle of water to my lunch on the set. My mom who is also my manager accompanies me and takes care of things. I got very upset when they started talking about me making ridiculous demands!"

Language no bar

Even though she had trouble with certain aspects of working on the show, she still cherishes the time spent with the contestants and judges. "I had loads of fun with the kids. They were the sweetest, and the judges too were kind."

Reacting to buzz about her wanting the script to be written in English, she says, "When I first saw the script it had 90 percent English and very little Hindi. I was shocked on reading it and asked for it to be re written in Hindi. Just because I'm a Veejay that doesn't mean I can't speak Hindi!"

Rajesh Kamath, MD, Endemol spoke on behalf of the production house, saying, "We have worked with Shilpa in Rin Mera Star Superstar and she's a fabulous person to have on Fame X. We had certain logistical and scheduling issues which have been sorted out."

Shilpa began shooting for the show yesterday.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/december/148341.htm 

shruti thumbnail
Sophie Chaudhary on films, music and Fame X 
By Moses Navgire (IndiaFM News Bureau), December 12, 2006 - 05:06 IST
She started of as a VJ on MTV and climbed the tower of success with her music albums. She then moved into films with Shaadi No.1 and today she is one of talented young artists in the industry. Yes, we are talking about the highly talented Sophie Chaudhary.

After playing the role of glamorous 'Baby Doll Vol 3' in Pyaar Ke Side Effects, Sophie Chaudhary will now be seen in Arjun Rampal's I See You. Talking about her role in the film Sophie says "I play the role of Dilnaz Boga. Dilnaz is the co-host with Arjun Rampal on his show in the film." Though she has a small role, she is highly excited about the film. "I did this film for Arjun and Mehr as I can't say 'no' to them. Besides the production was so amazing that I had fun during the time I shot for this film. Director Vivek Agarwal and entire crew were so nice to work with. Also, the team was extremely professional."

Sophie in fact is so impressed that she says this was one of the most professional productions that she has worked with till now. "You won't believe but even my costumes for the film were decided three months in advance." She was also highly impressed looking at the enthusiasm with which Arjun was handling the production. "It was so great to see that Arjun was actually taking so much interest and personally looking into things." However, one thing that Sophie is really kicked about is the dance number that she has done with Arjun Rampal. "The song is being choreographed by Shaimak Davar and let me tell you, Arjun rocks in it. He has danced amazingly well." Though all this while Arjun hasn't really impressed the audiences by his dancing skills, Sophie feels that this dance number will change everyone's views about Arjun's dancing.

Apart from this film, Sophie is also doing Vikram Bhatt's Speed. "This role is completely different from what I am doing in I See You. In Speed I am doing a complete action-packed role, something I had never though I would be doing. I have done lots of stunts and action scenes in this film." There were actually scenes where Sophie was tied by cables to do certain stunts. "I have done lots of kicking and punching" she says.

This Baby Doll however, has some bad news for television audiences who love catching her on the television show Fame X. A local newspaper has just reported that Sophie's behaviour was very unprofessional on the sets of the show. This episode has hurt Sophie a lot. She says "I never expected to see something like this being said about me. I don't have any such kind of behaviour on the sets. In fact, I share a great rapport with the crew." The news piece also reported that she keeps forgetting her Hindi dialogues. This sounds hilarious to Sophie who is extremely fluent in Hindi irrespective of her upbringing in UK.

The biggest issue this news piece created is questioning of Sophie's professionalism. It is claimed that she left the shoot early as she had to catch a flight. Sophie however clears that by saying "I had informed the producers that I would be leaving for my international shows on these particular days, three months in advance. However, they remained ignorant about it. Yet, I managed to shoot the episode and trust me; I reached the airport to catch the international flight just 30 mins prior." Still the producers of the show have projected her in bad light. Therefore, Sophie has decided to quite Fame X.

Apart from films and television, she is also currently working on her private music album. "This is completely original solo album that I am working on." Earlier Sophie had come up with two remix albums which were very successful but this time, the idea is different." This time, I am coming out with my original album. The album will have different types of music." Sophie will also be working with some Pakistani artists apart from Indian music directors for this album. "I believe in hardcore commercial music and that is something I am working on." The album should be out by January next year.
shruti thumbnail
'I will never tolerate them maligning my reputation'

Host Sophie Choudry storms out of reality show even as show producers, citing her inability to connect with the contestants and audience, replace her with Shilpa Saklani

RAUL DIAS Times News Network

Sophie Choudry, who hosts SAB's Fame X talent show has walked out after she was allegedly accused of 'serious unprofessionalism' by the show's production house and the channel. "I have quit the show. I will never tolerate someone maligning my reputation!" says an enraged Sophie. "They are spreading lies about how I am always late and that my mother throws tantrums on the sets. And to top it all that my Hindi is bad. It was my idea to speak Hindi for 90 per cent of the show as opposed to their suggestion to speak only 10 per cent. They also accused me of picking a fight with singer Soumya Raoh who was a guest judge on one of the episodes," says Sophie, who feels that the channel and the production house are creating this controversy in what she calls is a 'desperate attempt to get their TRPs up'.
   "The other day, I was to leave for a show in Bali by the 11.30pm flight which I had informed them about, yet they kept me till 10pm," Sophie continues. "They have not even paid me a single rupee for the show till date. Now who is being unprofessional?"
   Although she has decided to part ways with the show, Sophie is sure that she is going to miss the contestants and says that she wishes them all the best. "I have gotten so attached to some of the contestants and I am sad that I won't be there to see them through to the end."

The channel says...

According to Vikas Bahl, the business head of SAB, Sophie's decision to quit Fame X was not entirely her own and it was mutually decided to part ways. "There were a number of production issues we were facing with Sophie's participation in the show," reveals Vikas. "The biggest issue was her fee. Sophie wanted to re-negotiate her price which wasn't acceptable to us especially since we had agreed on a specific amount earlier." Another bone of contention according to Vikas, was Sophie's alleged inability to connect with both the contestants and audience. "We found that her interaction with the contestants was minimal and not upto the mark. She was supposed to be their friend and mentor, helping them with problems they would face but she had time issues which came in the way of her duties. We have now replaced Sophie with Shilpa Saklani who we feel has a better connect with the contestants and with the audience."