Anandi Sumi
Anandi Bhairon
Anandi Amol
Shiv Amol
Anandi Choti ma
Shiv Sanchi
Anandi Gulli
Anandi Ganga

Each of these characters shared a unique bond with each other..

All the jodis associated with Anandi are excellent esp I like her inspiring relationship with her teacherji  . In Sanchi Shiv jodi ---the Sanchi's presence and affect on Shiv was retrograde  and made him a mere brother / husband in this serial . Till her appearance he was a great lover and a worthy Collector , later because of Sanchi's entry , his aura as a great hero was marginalized because of his crooked cunning sister, her presence always evoked a negative impact on viewer's mind ,they hated her as a bad girl and later  hated her most  as  a mutated  Sanchi as well  .
Except this jodi all the other jodis are excellent .
Edited by Viswasruti - 7 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: challadamodar

shiv-jagya
jagya-lalsing

jagya-tausa,bapusa
little jagya-little phooli

shyam-suguna
jagya-badi dadisaa : )

shyam-jagya
jagya-suguna

jagya-ratansingh
dadisa-mannu

ratan-mannu
mannu-shivam

Jaggiya is one worthy character who provided a sort of catharsis affect in this serial , his was not a side role , always there in every aspect of Anandi's life till her end . Actually we have to acknowledge him as the hero of this serial . He won accolades as a negative [ for contributing positive vibes for Anandi because of his hatable negativity ] hero and later as a positive contributor to safeguard , to maintain the relationship with her  as her friend throughout till her end . There is so much variation in this character and gone through many topsy- turvy turns , faced many punishments , still emerged as a winner and got a permanent place in viewers' heart . I like each and every jodi associated with Jaggiya .
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Viswasruti

All the jodis associated with Anandi are excellent esp I like her inspiring relationship with her teacherji  . In Sanchi Shiv jodi ---the Sanchi's presence and affect on Shiv was retrograde  and made him a mere brother / husband in this serial . Till her appearance he was a great lover and a worthy Collector , later because of Sanchi's entry , his aura as a great hero was marginalized because of his crooked cunning sister, her presence always evoked a negative impact on viewer's mind ,they hated her as a bad girl and later  hated her most  as  a mutated  Sanchi as well  .

Except this jodi all the other jodis are excellent .

Sanchi was tolerable and a bit realistic till the time she was only a side character- Shiv's sister and Anandi's sister in law. The moment they forced her into the main story of both Anandi and Jagya, she became annoying. Despite that, I find Shiv-Sanchi relationship worth of mentioning because as siblings they shared unique bond. Sanchi, despite overdose of all her negativity, always looked upto Shiv, and Shiv's characterization was consistent, he was always a family man for whom family was the first priority till the point it didn't conflict with his principles. Yes, during the Sa-Ja-Ga track Shiv failed to see through Sanchi's lies, but then that whole track was illogical and most sane characters like Bhairon behaved weirdly there, so benefit of doubt can be given to Shiv in that track.

Shiv's aura as collector did not fade away only because of Sanchi, shifting them to Udaipur was the main reason AnSh story lost its plot. Moving them from Jaitser will always remain the worst twist in their story. The makers totally failed to handle the collector and social worker story in Udaipur.

I think it was perfectly fine that Shiv transformed from a strict, no nonsense bureaucrat to a soft family man, he still never compromised with his work till the end of his life. The purpose of Shiv's character was to be an inspiration to Anandi, in his presence or absence, which she could further extend to thousands of needy people out there. But the makers failed to portray that and indeed turned Anandi into a helpless woman who had to go back to the relations which she had left behind while she had moved on. That was another wrong turn in Anandi's story.
Edited by _goofyCat_ - 7 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail
Originally posted by: _goofyCat_

Sanchi was tolerable and a bit realistic till the time she was only a side character- Shiv's sister and Anandi's sister in law. The moment they forced her into the main story of both Anandi and Jagya, she became annoying. Despite that, I find Shiv-Sanchi relationship worth of mentioning because as siblings they shared unique bond. Sanchi, despite overdose of all her negativity, always looked upto Shiv, and Shiv's characterization was consistent, he was always a family man for whom family was the first priority till the point it didn't conflict with his principles. Yes, during the Sa-Ja-Ga track Shiv failed to see through Sanchi's lies, but then that whole track was illogical and most sane characters like Bhairon behaved weirdly there, so benefit of doubt can be given to Shiv in that track.

Shiv's aura as collector did not fade away only because of Sanchi, shifting them to Udaipur was the main reason AnSh story lost its plot. Moving them from Jaitser will always remain the worst twist in their story. The makers totally failed to handle the collector and social worker story in Udaipur.

I think it was perfectly fine that Shiv transformed from a strict, no nonsense bureaucrat to a soft family man, he still never compromised with his work till the end of his life. The purpose of Shiv's character was to be an inspiration to Anandi, in his presence or absence, which she could further extend to thousands of needy people out there. But the makers failed to portray that and indeed turned Anandi into a helpless woman who had to go back to the relations which she had left behind while she had moved on. That was another wrong turn in Anandi's story.

@ Bold , well said ! The last straw was killing Shiv , we, the viewers are in firm belief that he is capable of facing any dire consequences in life , in official work with grit and determination , killing him while he was  on duty was another flaw , by killing him , the BV people lost simply a million admirers/ viewers  of this serial . That was the starting point of this serial's end !
By making Anandi a mere hapless widow who went back to that Badi Havely to bury her pride and self respect [ the only grace in that meaningless act was , it shows the beautiful/ healthy  friendship Anandi and Jaggiya shared till her end !]  as a dependent , leaving Shiv's  legacy behind was not acceptable to any viewer . They dug their own grave by making Anandi again a helpless woman , a confused mother and a dependent . Being a collector's wife is not a simple thing , it carries a great honor , later, after his demise  too she will  get many benefits , and he died on duty , so she is eligible to get a job and   deserve  a decent living ! Still I am furious and aghast , they did all this to Anandi ??! Unbelievable !
Edited by Viswasruti - 7 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nice discussion going on here😊
I am trying to move past BV but old habit brought me back here.πŸ˜†

I personally feel that the move to Udaipur was not the reason but the huge family they brought in as Shiv's family was the reason behind decreasing in the footage for social worker and collector couple.

Shiv's family couldn't make place in viewers hearts and minds like Singh family members or even Anandi's biological parents could. As a consequence Shiv and Anandi were used for the stories of Shakhar family.

Don't think Anandi and Shiv's characters were compromised but their professional lives didn't get much footage it was shown only in the background.

Had they not brought in such a big family it would have been much better.

-------------

Post Shiv's death Anandi didn't become helpless.In fact she was taking care of Shiv's family very well.She took a lot of tough decisions like handing over evidence against Anop to the authorities and ensuring that DB was kicked out etc. She would have continued to take care of Shiv's family had Nandini's kidnap had not happened.

But it was Shekhar family who couldn't be a support system for her post her daughter's kidnap.
I guess this was more to show that Singh family cared for her much more than Shekhars ever did.
But I guess this is the story that the writers wanted to tell through Singh family and Anandi's relationship.They wanted to show that the bad patch in their relationship was a consequence of Dsa's old fashioned views and rigid orthodoxy as well as Jagya's way of handling an unwanted child bride but the good part of the relationship was because of the inherent good nature of Dsa and J.

I guess that was the only way to condemn the child marriage while giving a second chance to the offenders in that child marriage gone wrong They probably were trying to make a point that J and Dsa were prisoners of the old world thinking while they did all what they did and once their eyes opened they were just as good and as large hearted as Anandi.

While Anandi moving into Jaitser post Shiv's death probably was part of original story I think Anandi shifting into BH was purely to give more footage and screen space to Jhalra story.By clubbing Anandi's story with Singhs they thought they would get more screen time to convert a non lead material Nandini to a leadπŸ˜›

Dsa and J did become her support system for sure but it was the support which she has earned by her.To put it in other words the support was a result of the goodwill that she has earned.The good will one earned will come to one's aid when even one's own family is not there for them in their hour of need.This is the story that writer probably wanted to tell.A story of relationship which the society could not give a name but it still it is beautiful because of the purity in that relationship.The willingness with which they could give up their lives for each other and yet expecting nothing from the other.

Anyways thanks for the nice discussion.😊

I think I have said enough on this.

Viswasruti thumbnail
[QUOTE=aparnauma]Nice discussion going on here😊
I am trying to move past BV but old habit brought me back here.πŸ˜†
😊From 2008 --2016 , since 8 years we followed it , and in a way  almost started believing that it is happening in front of our eyes , Anandi is not a fictional character , a real woman with substance to some extent .
I personally feel that the move to Udaipur was not the reason but the huge family they brought in as Shiv's family was the reason behind decreasing in the footage for social worker and collector couple.
After Shiv&Anandi's  marriage , their role was over . The writer had to shift them to any foreign country immediately after the celebrations . They became a liability to the smoothly  moving story  of Ansh and their future plans regarding social work , and irrigation projects they planned to bring to improve the state , the lives of their people !

Shiv's family couldn't make place in viewers hearts and minds like Singh family members or even Anandi's biological parents could. As a consequence Shiv and Anandi were used for the stories of Shakhar family.
Well said .Agree with you .😊

Don't think Anandi and Shiv's characters were compromised but their professional lives didn't get much footage it was shown only in the background.

Had they not brought in such a big family it would have been much better.
 Agree with your view .The viewers were able to connect with Badi Jiji in the serial   [ Farida Jalal] but by introducing that negative character  Subhadra later  [ sushmitha ] they spoiled the whatever  little sanity left in  Shekhar family and made them all mere puppets played acco to her weird wishes ! That track was illogical and a bit strenuous to watch harassing a kid  in such a cruel way . It added agony to our mind rather than inspiring any social message .What they got from that meaning less track , no one  knows !

-------------

Post Shiv's death Anandi didn't become helpless.In fact she was taking care of Shiv's family very well.She took a lot of tough decisions like handing over evidence against Anop to the authorities and ensuring that DB was kicked out etc. She would have continued to take care of Shiv's family had Nandini's kidnap had not happened.

But it was Shekhar family who couldn't be a support system for her post her daughter's kidnap.
I guess this was more to show that Singh family cared for her much more than Shekhars ever did.
But I guess this is the story that the writers wanted to tell through Singh family and Anandi's relationship.They wanted to show that the bad patch in their relationship was a consequence of Dsa's old fashioned views and rigid orthodoxy as well as Jagya's way of handling an unwanted child bride but the good part of the relationship was because of the inherent good nature of Dsa and J.
Both J and D'sa are at first negative characters , who spoiled Anandi's life in a cruel way , later they both tried their best to rectify their misdeeds committed by them to A, and later at every stage they stood there as her pillar of support whenever she faced any ordeal  in life . To convey that message , they need not make A again a hapless woman [ strictly speaking , she was never a helpless woman , not even  when she was a child , never in her adolescent stage [ except when she was duped by J and celebrated his SR in the next room when she was crying incessantly at that night time πŸ˜•] and not as a Collector's wife as well ]  Is it necessary to gain sympathy for that brave woman who withstood many storms in her life so bravely and crossed many hurdles with a smile , with grit and determination ? 
Agree with the great point that it strengthened point , the epical relationship shared by A&J , and made it unique , so special . 

I guess that was the only way to condemn the child marriage while giving a second chance to the offenders in that child marriage gone wrong They probably were trying to make a point that J and Dsa were prisoners of the old world thinking while they did all what they did and once their eyes opened they were just as good and as large hearted as Anandi.
At one stage they were offenders and spoiled her life , later they reformed themselves and  tried to rectify their earlier misdeeds , and succeeded to some extent only . Just imagine , if D'sa was a bit understanding and allowed J&A lead their life together in a blissful way , their relationship would have been strengthened and there is no place for either Gowri as an intruder , or later no need of Ganga as a love longing lady . There is no forgiveness for that old lady , in a way we can not call J as a sinner , it all happened because of D'sa and her pampering J . Inherently he is a good human being , and he loved his kid friend Anandi  most , and later loved her more as his wife . D'sa arranging SR for J&G inspite of Anandi's presence there was made D'sa most hatable character in this serial , we were in that anger over her  till Shiv's entry .

While Anandi moving into Jaitser post Shiv's death probably was part of original story I think Anandi shifting into BH was purely to give more footage and screen space to Jhalra story.By clubbing Anandi's story with Singhs they thought they would get more screen time to convert a non lead material Nandini to a leadπŸ˜›
Agree with you , well said .

Dsa and J did become her support system for sure but it was the support which she has earned by her.To put it in other words the support was a result of the goodwill that she has earned.The good will one earned will come to one's aid when even one's own family is not there for them in their hour of need.This is the story that writer probably wanted to tell.A story of relationship which the society could not give a name but it still it is beautiful because of the purity in that relationship.The willingness with which they could give up their lives for each other and yet expecting nothing from the other.
Really I appreciate these words .Golden words .πŸ‘

Anyways thanks for the nice discussion.😊

I think I have said enough on this.

Still we are in the hangover . Some more time we will be in this somniloquy , an occasional expression of surprise , or a wail with anguish will be there for long . Moving away is not so easy after connecting with some of the most lovable characters of this serial !😊
Happy to share some more feelings with you all .😊