Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: Shinya

BEST EPISODE

"There was a long scene that was shot between me and Jagiya. It took us two days to shoot that scene. In the scene I was moving to Jaipur and I want Jagiya to settle down and think about his life. It was a beautifully written sequence and we had fun shooting for it."

I think she is talking about the episode where she coaxed Jagya into agreeing for third marriage.

Yes it was a nice scene... miss those good old days.

Unfortunately, for me that was the scene and the turning point from which I started to dislike Anandi, as I found her to be overly bossy and interfering... Since then there wasn't much that I liked or could appreciate about Anandi.
But yes, when I compare all that to the story post Shiv's death or BV 2, I would think, that scene / story / phase,  was definitely worth watching and worth discussing. 

Happy that BV is forced to shut down it's shop now. Finally!!!!! 

Missesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Nandini30

Even after a decade Balika air its last episode, forum members will not move above individual preferences - Some BV stopped because of prat, shanky, sekhars coming in the show, anandi s second marriage, dadisa, anandi.

Basic fact is every product has a shelf life and if you do not replace that with new one you have to stop your business. Ambassador cars was a hit once, but hardly can be seen now. HM brought new brands, even Bnez and Apple replace their old products. After 5 years any show looses its radiance, so you have to something new which may catch the market.
Balika till 4 years had a flavor of its own- the kids struggling under marriage - anandi, shugna, phuli, asha, laxmi and not so much kid gehna. There were lot of characters whose story was unique in its own and every story was fresh.
Once Anandi and Jagya grow up their miya biwi khana pakana and shona was no spice, Gauri came and show got new life, Nice triangle was liked by people. That also too started dragging, TRP was 3.2. Makers had a foresight they brought some thing more new shiv, shiv anandi s story jagya s villain avtar brought nice numbers till March 2015. TRP was 5,8 in December/ Jan even it was 11 during shyam shugna marriage.
After March 15 - replacement happened and people moved out. Though I am not fan of any actor but this is a fact because numbers dipped. Then the track of sajaga could not do great wonders, but still the show was not out of life. Tracks like Jagya Ganga marriage, Ratan s attack, Sanchi s revenge, her rape , her marriage, amol kidnap, 15th aug attack, dadi bua drug drama appealed to some extent. Though Mannu s cancer, shyamal bhai, ganga kidnap, niranjan sa, palash, anup drama was nailing down the show.
Anandi s pregnancy brought back viewers some interest but the writers wanted to innovate with shiv s death and going back to basic. Because they were not happy with 2,5 trp they thought BV wll be more than 5 if anandi becomes a widow.
From March 15 to October 15, viewers tried because of the carrot when anandi will find nandini and to see how she manage the kids or how anandi punish akhi, how  jagya ganga handle their family their teen kids. But what they got could not satisfy any fan. But as a matter of habit they watched, and some how the jahalara was a variation.
But after October it was a complete drag of increasing the episodes. And the new leap - NO COMMENTS - wrapping up the show is a great evidence.

Nicely summarised post 👍🏼
Shinya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Post 11-yr leap, at least for me it was not how anandi is going to find her daughter... i actually did not care because anandi was never shown searching for her daughter.

I watched because i liked Jhalra story. it was more real than jaitsar story. Akhiraj, harki, mangala, kamli played their characters well and brought life into the show. They dominated the show, anandi looked insignificant before them.

Nimboli's story should have been different from the crap they are showing now. .. i dont think she was only known as anandi's daughter. . she had her own identity and her own story to tell.

but they ruined the whole thing, god knows why.
attiya1.3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It was ended when shiv died.
But they continued with utter nonsense in anandi life.another chance was to end it when akhiraj died.

Happy end.

The story is soo pathetic even actors could not save it.

Avinash uptil now hardly got any scene.

Kundan and mausiji are given importance to show band yoga hi😆😆
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
not at all sad or emotional
this crappy show ended for me long time ago
hadnt watched a single scene of it after sargun's exit
this show gave me SidYusha and i will always cheerish their memories
cant forget jagya-anandi-gauri track,it was the best track of BV
Naaahin naahin
... 😭 😭   naaahin

Yeparyoouu byaado dont close or end 😭
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i was expecting it 2 close wid in 3 months of LPK.BV's end started post 11yrs leap & this leap nailed its end.
i m not sad or feeling anything abt it.
this show has bcum 3rd grade version of ekta or oder  shows wid this LPK.
Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tiny15

i was expecting it 2 close wid in 3 months of LPK.BV's end started post 11yrs leap & this leap nailed its end.

i m not sad or feeling anything abt it.
this show has bcum 3rd grade version of ekta or oder shows wid this LPK.

I am upset that the show is meeting it's end so brutally..
smartc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The end of an era indeed!

BV brought a ray of light during a time when television desperately needed a change in its landscape - It, for the first time, highlighted a social issue so prevalent in Asia (but rarely spoken about) that it instantly grabbed viewers' attention. And what a story narrated and a cast chosen!! 👏👏👏 I am ecstatic that such a show saw the day of light and was brought to life for us to witness and gain awareness from. I enjoyed everything in it. From the young Anandi and Jagya, her teacher ji, her bestie Phuli and her story, Anandi's parents, Dadisa, Basant and his story, Bhairav, Sumitra, etc... The loss of innocence from a child who only wanted to get married because she could wear fancy clothes for the day and have her favorite food - Only to find out that her passion of pursuing an education would be snatched away from her..Then her growth into adulthood - the trials and tribulations there and the entry of our ever amazing Shashank Vyas and Pratyusha Banerjee. Something kept clicking and BV never presented a dull moment. There could have been certain twists that we did not enjoy as much but nevertheless, it was no saas-bahu saga that we all were so used to seeing by that time. It opened up our eyes to a tradition that needed attention and is probably still going on in some remote areas of India. Pratyusha's face was just so expressive; Shashank's vibes were just so mischievous...Everything fell into place at that time. Then their breakup, divorce, regrets, and Anandi's revival...Loved every bit of it! Then we had Sidharth Shukla join in the cast as Shivraj and that just opened up a whole new facet to the show to attract more audience and attention, which continued with Jagya's repentance and his revival later on. It was just a fabulous trend overall...

For me personally, the show stopped when Pratyusha left. But I have to say that Toral was indeed an apt replacement and she did an awesome job with Anandi's role. I did watch for a bit here and there to see how Shiv and Anandi's lives were shaping up but my interest dwindled after Prat's exit. Today is her birthday and all I can think about is how lucky we all were to embrace her prowess and her talent as an actress and to witness her as our Anandi. She rose to fame instantly but she also left us here to wonder how things could have been had she been alive today...Wishing her a very happy 25th birthday and loads of prayers and thoughts are being sent her way. May her soul finds eternal peace and may she be smiling & beaming up there...WE MISS YOU PRATYUSHA!!! REST IN PEACE, DARLIN!!

To Balika Vadhu's entire cast and crew: THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL SHOW & FOR ENTERTAINING US FOR THIS LONG!!

Cheers,
Sana~😳 
ahilajkula thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: smartc

The end of an era indeed!

BV brought a ray of light during a time when television desperately needed a change in its landscape - It, for the first time, highlighted a social issue so prevalent in Asia (but rarely spoken about) that it instantly grabbed viewers' attention. And what a story narrated and a cast chosen!! 👏👏👏 I am ecstatic that such a show saw the day of light and was brought to life for us to witness and gain awareness from. I enjoyed everything in it. From the young Anandi and Jagya, her teacher ji, her bestie Phuli and her story, Anandi's parents, Dadisa, Basant and his story, Bhairav, Sumitra, etc... The loss of innocence from a child who only wanted to get married because she could wear fancy clothes for the day and have her favorite food - Only to find out that her passion of pursuing an education would be snatched away from her..Then her growth into adulthood - the trials and tribulations there and the entry of our ever amazing Shashank Vyas and Pratyusha Banerjee. Something kept clicking and BV never presented a dull moment. There could have been certain twists that we did not enjoy as much but nevertheless, it was no saas-bahu saga that we all were so used to seeing by that time. It opened up our eyes to a tradition that needed attention and is probably still going on in some remote areas of India. Pratyusha's face was just so expressive; Shashank's vibes were just so mischievous...Everything fell into place at that time. Then their breakup, divorce, regrets, and Anandi's revival...Loved every bit of it! Then we had Sidharth Shukla join in the cast as Shivraj and that just opened up a whole new facet to the show to attract more audience and attention, which continued with Jagya's repentance and his revival later on. It was just a fabulous trend overall...

For me personally, the show stopped when Pratyusha left. But I have to say that Toral was indeed an apt replacement and she did an awesome job with Anandi's role. I did watch for a bit here and there to see how Shiv and Anandi's lives were shaping up but my interest dwindled after Prat's exit. Today is her birthday and all I can think about is how lucky we all were to embrace her prowess and her talent as an actress and to witness her as our Anandi. She rose to fame instantly but she also left us here to wonder how things could have been had she been alive today...Wishing her a very happy 25th birthday and loads of prayers and thoughts are being sent her way. May her soul finds eternal peace and may she be smiling & beaming up there...WE MISS YOU PRATYUSHA!!! REST IN PEACE, DARLIN!!

To Balika Vadhu's entire cast and crew: THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL SHOW & FOR ENTERTAINING US FOR THIS LONG!!

Cheers,
Sana~😳 

TV actors REMEMBER Pratyusha Banerjee on her birthday..!

She still lives in our hearts..