RS is out of top 100 again - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
also not blaming RS in any way honestly I've never watched it so not in a position to comment on the track etc πŸ˜Š
just saying its imagine at fault for not adhering to the adage OLD IS GOLDπŸ˜‰ you've got to admit shanidev still rocksπŸ˜† while the others will come and go....
imagine is our favourite punching bag, revenge is sweet after all....
AND WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND ALWAYS ...
neha

u r right.....cricket couldnt be a excuse for these low trps ..... this world cup has no super eight round ..only group matches are going on ..hardly so far only 4 or 5 were interesting that too on the week ends πŸ˜† .....and in most of the cases good team has batted first ...so anybody who follows daily soaps would not have preferred to watch a kenyan or canadian or any others' innings at the cost of their fav shows for which they have to spare only 20 mins .....
imagine tv has lost its charm πŸ˜’ ..pmmka and akb have never found their place in top 100 ever since they started πŸ˜† and still akb is not axed, that shows their quality πŸ˜† .....imagine a year b4 or so bandini ,jyoti pkcm were competing for the top slot and even jamuniya kashi and devi come in top 100 .....at the moment bavd and kmh2 were the only good ones and RS *sigh* seems like it needs a houdini to bring it to top 100 again 🀣 ..... the impact of these bad shows has fallen on bavd and kmh2 as well .....
Edited by --jas-- - 13 years ago
yes how shanidev is maintaining trp when there is a cricket? Imagine old shows bandini jyoti shanidev set a standard and this new ones cant match up all the time they go in and out of top hundred thats why channel is doing so bad after ending those. 😈
Originally posted by --jas--

neha

u r right.....cricket couldnt be a excuse for these low trps ..... this world cup has no super eight round ..only group matches are going on ..hardly so far only 4 or 5 were interesting that too on the week ends πŸ˜† .....and in most of the cases good team has batted first ...so anybody who follows daily soaps would not have preferred to watch a kenyan or canadian or any others' innings at the cost of their fav shows for which they have to spare only 20 mins .....
imagine tv has lost its charm πŸ˜’ ..pmmka and akb have never found their place in top 100 ever since they startedπŸ˜† and still akb is not axed, that shows their quality πŸ˜† .....imagine a year b4 or so bandini ,jyoti pkcm were competing for the top slot and even jamuniya kashi and devi come in top 100 .....at the moment bavd and kmh2 were the only good ones and RS ..seems like it needs a houdini to bring it to top 100 again 🀣 ..... the impact of these bad shows has fallen on bavd and kmh2 as well .....

Well not houdini IMAGINE NEEDS BANDINI SEASON TWO AUR HUM DEKH LENGE KI KAISE NAHI DENGE HUME

πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Till date how many shows have been successfull to grab positition in top 10.?.leave top 10 ..how many rank in top 30.?
I don't think any had that capability except Bandini...it did gud from day one. *can't comment on any other soap's story or anything else as i don't watch any*.
It was coz of Bandini and Jyoti Imagine got an worlwide recognistion.

Or jo present trp hai imagine deserve it for their stupidity.

Malik <3 *sigh* k jane bad Imagine k bure din start ho gaye.

Imagine ko agar apni laaj bachani hai to best hai give us Bandini season 2. It has always fetched numerous awards, high trps and its globally popular and demanded.
frankly speaking  i find imagine's  shows better than those of  other channels  like star plus , zee tv colors. fst of all i find yeah rishta show of star plus monotonus  because  it  does not hv any kinda story to show  even though it being counted in top shows  of india television and some are of star one  all are total time wasting .  , i m not able to understand  what base of making rank and trp of daily shows??? rank maker sees stories or  characters ..????

if rank maker sees all things  properly regarding all shows of imagine  , i think dt imagine would come at fst n all shows as well, in begining i hardly watched imagine but  when many shows RS, bandini, kitni mohabbat h, jyoti started , i watched it constantly n found every show interesting and its history based shows too good yaar....
The discussion of which shows are better or worse is obviously subjective, and even more controversial would be the idea that higher trps imply good shows.  That's why I avoided getting into that argument here - what I was curious about was whether the Imagine's TRPs were indeed down due to the world cup, or due to their own programming decisions.

The reason cricket could have been the reason this time, unlike previous years:
  • This time, it's the world cup, and that too in India.  The last time the world cup was held in India was in 1996, presumably b4 the channel existed.  The last time the world cup was telecast at all from the West Indies in 2007, there was a 12 hour shift, so one would have had to stay up and watch overnight the matches.  Hence, previous world cups wouldn't have affected the shows the way this one may have
  • Unlike test matches and ODIs, most of these games are D/N games, and don't end until 10pm or later.  So assuming that one is watching those, everything in prime time gets affected
  • Granted, IPL matches are as, if not more, exciting, but the viewership may differ b/w markets depending on the teams playing, therefore not skewing the trps
That said, the reason cricket may not be enough to explain the low trps:
  • If the trps of other channels haven't taken a beating, then obviously cricket is not the reason that most Imagine shows have dropped off the trp radar
  • Jas is partly right that during week days, most of the matches have involved the minnow teams, which people are unlikely to watch @ the expense of their favorite shows.  However, it's not just the presence of the minnows that would determine whether a match would be viewed or not - since the performance of the major teams against the minnows has mattered in determining the nrr, and since some matches involving the minnows have been very interesting (particularly when England is involved), that cannot be instantly discounted
  • A before and after comparison of trps of the shows involved would provide the answer on whether cricket is what's doing the damage
  • The relative rankings of shows would be largely independent of cricket, since cricket would presumably eat into all the shows.
In the end, I do think that the trps of the Imagine shows have been varying according to the storyline - BAVD was in the tank weeks ago, but picked up after the lead divorce.  GkD was going well, but suddenly became unwatchable during its current track.  AkBA became unwatchable after the new track as well.  RS was initially insufferable for a while, then became enjoyable during Sandhya's game for justice, then became insufferable again, and now has become interesting again.  Also, RS went from 10pm to 7pm, and has never been in the top 100 since.  So it's obviously been a combination of factors.
Originally posted by vikrant_shonit

frankly speaking  i find imagine's  shows better than those of  other channels  like star plus , zee tv colors. fst of all i find yeah rishta show of star plus monotonus  because  it  does not hv any kinda story to show  even though it being counted in top shows  of india television and some are of star one  all are total time wasting .  , i m not able to understand  what base of making rank and trp of daily shows??? rank maker sees stories or  characters ..????

if rank maker sees all things  properly regarding all shows of imagine  , i think dt imagine would come at fst n all shows as well, in begining i hardly watched imagine but  when many shows RS, bandini, kitni mohabbat h, jyoti started , i watched it constantly n found every show interesting and its history based shows too good yaar....

yup...u stole my words...just kidding...🀣
i m totally agree wid u...
all shows of imagine are supperb and unique too.. ...
RS ..BAVD , KMH or PMMKA all are diffrnt from each other and not like typical saas bahu rona dhona drama type...but dunno why imagine's TRP getting low..day by day...πŸ˜•
i hope jaldi hi RS top 100 me aa jaye....πŸ‘πŸΌ
.Edited by vikrant_shonit - 13 years ago