Wednesday, May 02, 2007
| 2:32:26 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)
3 Comments | Copyright:
We have seen him rock on television as well as Movies. Yash Tonk the extremely talented and extremely good looking man is again doing a Double Role in Karam Apnaa Apnaa. Looks like “Double Role” has become the Trademark of this star, he was first seen in a Double Role in Kahiin Kisi Roz. So let us find out from the Star himself, lets take a
1. You are playing a double role now in Karam Apna Apna. How does it feel? Is it a challenging task to fit into two roles in the same serial?
Yash: It is very challenging, but stressful. We need to bring in a difference in the dual roles we play. Usually the scene is shot in split frames, where the each character occupies one side of the frame. We need to keep track of very minute details, like positioning, we need to be technically correct. Once I finish the scene of one character, I need to quickly move into the other frame and enact the other role.
2. Talk about the two different roles you play in KAA. How are they different?
Yash: Shiv is very aggressive and serious.
2. Bollywood has been famous for multiple role characters - from Amitabh to SRK. Many film stars have tried their hands on playing several characters in the same film. So is there any particular film that you really liked that had multiple characters played by the same actor?
3. How has been the experience of playing a character with such a unique dialect? Did you do any research?
Yash: No, I have an advantage there. I am from Haryana, so I did not have to do any research. But yes, I needed to improvise when it comes to mannerisms. When you are performing a double role, you need to take care of the limitations of each character. We need to set boundaries for both characters. For Example: If one character just smiles and does not laugh, then I need to get the laughter into the other character. So such minute details need to be taken care of, even though both the characters are different, both should be loved by audience. It is just that the 2nd character needs to complement the 1st and the 1st needs to complement the 2nd… Only then will the double role look nice and acceptable.
4. What are the positive aspects of playing multiple roles in one serial according to you? Any negatives you can think of? (Ahem, do you get paid double)
Yash: (Laughs)I perform two roles for one cheque. If I would get 2 cheques, then probably I will end up doing all the roles so that I get many cheques.
Anyways, the Negatives coming out of a double role is that, there is too much of exposure, it is stressful, audience will get an overexposure of you. Watching 2 roles in one serial might at times get boring, when it comes to the actor. But I am pretty excited about my roles, hope the audience loves it…
Positives: It is very challenging to do double roles. I am a very passionate person, I am really satisfied with whatever I am playing. Double roles give you a chance to show your talent to the viewers. Basically, there are more positives coming out than negatives.
5. If you were offered a serial in which you had to play seven roles, what would you say?
Yash: No, never!!! It really hurts to play a double role for long. It is too stressful a job. So a big no to seven roles. (Grins)
Friends, Keep Watching Karam Apnaa Apnaa as Yash Tonk is ready to give you all a Double Dose with his Dual Role!!!
Reporter: Srividya Rajesh
Contact Writer: PM Sree
Popular Search Terms: yash tonk serials list, yash tonk in karam
At the recently help team event, actor refused to re-enact the ...
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan and veteran actor Dharmendra recreated the ...
Cast: Aditya Roy Kapur, Katrina Kaif, Tabu, Rahul Bhat, Ratings: *** ...
Maverick filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma has announced that he will bid ...
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index