s highly acclaimed series, Get Gorgeous
, returns for a fifth season beginning May 16, 2008 every Friday at 7.30 pm
. The show is a powerful platform to search and develop fashion modeling talent, generating over 12 successful super models and beauty pageant winners. The screen-scorching antics of the contestants as well as its pioneering reality format have made this show a popular, if controversial, staple with both audience as well as sponsors.
In-house fashionista & celebrated supermodel VJ Pia
returns for her third season as host of Get Gorgeous. She takes a season break from her hit show, Beach Diaries, so that she can help design the rounds for the show. This ensures that the 16 contestants compete in tasks that closely mirror the trials and tribulations of a model in the real world. And with all this being within the confines of the Get Gorgeous Academy, totally cut off from daily life for the period of the shoot, the pressures lead to some compelling television.
All the hard work is worth it for the girls because of the final pay off. Winning the coveted title of Get Gorgeous 2008 would mean:
* A career-defining contract worth Rs.1 million with Channel [v] and the ICE Modeling Agency for the winner
* A trip to the world's fashion capital, Paris, to feature in a shoot for Christian Dior
* An exclusive splash feature in L'Officiel, the definitive international magazine for style, runway coverage and fashion trends.
* Nationwide acclaim for being a certified hottie!
To help judge these contestants through the series, [v] drew upon the biggest and brightest names in Indian Fashion.
* Designer duo Rahul Khanna & Rohit Gandhi
, who have helped dress Bollywood stars Priyanka
Chopra, Shilpa Shetty
, Katrina Kaif
and John Abraham
amongst many others
* Ace photographer Nisha Kutty, known for some of the best known fashion campaigns in India
* Fitness expert Yasmin Haz
, who is responsible for Bollywood diva Kareena Kapoor
's size zero figure.
* Upen Patel
- The young Bollywood Brat. A leader in his own right. This sexy Bollywood star is the perfect choice to dole out precious advice to the contestants. Sheetal Sudhir, Creative Director, Channel [v]
said, "Fashion is no longer elitist in India. It is a massive industry and a real career option for young people. And Get Gorgeous is the definitive show that provides that opportunity, and captures the ordeal behind the glamour and sizzle. [v] has always been about pushing boundaries, and this season of Get Gorgeous is going a kick in the rear to the sameness of the TV landscape!"Watch the gloves come off every Friday, May 16, 2008 @ 7.30 pm as the competition heats up and witness 2008's hottest faces get sexier, naughtier & bitchier! Only on Channel [v].