Star Plus' Jahan Pe Basera Ho which was launched in September is going off air early next year... Here is Telly Buzz giving its readers exclusive news...
Thursday, December 25, 2008
| 5:48:40 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)
25 Comments | 6603 Views | Copyright: india-forums.com
Star Plus’ experiment with the launch of Jahan Pe Basera, produced by Shreya Creations at the 12.30 pm afternoon band has not worked, as the show is going off air probably early next year.
Jahan Pe Basera Ho was launched in the last week of September 2008, and was the story of a middle-class family residing in Allahabad.
According to our source from the production house, “It is unfortunate that the show is winding up in just over three months. The problem was not with the content of the show. The channel was not happy with the production house, as there was reportedly some financial mismanagement from their side. This has led to its premature ending”.
“The show will go off air from mid January, and as of now the date given to us is January 22nd”, adds our source.
We tried calling Sheel Kumar of Shreya Creations to know what exactly went wrong, but he was not available for comments.
We called up the lead actress of the show, Noynikka Chakraborthy to know the fact. But she was surprised to hear the news, and said, "Is it… who told you? As per my knowledge the show is not going off air. We have a bank of episodes and now the creatives are planning to give us a different look all together with attire. Let me check with my creatives and get back to you."
We tried to get the comments of Keertan Adhyantaya, General Manager, EVP, Star Plus, but he too was unavailable.
As for now, it looks like it is curtains for the show!!
Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.