India-Forums.com is the # 1 Discussion Forums with more than 330,000 members currently (June, 2008) and was started in December 2003. From the days of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahi - India-Forums has succeeded in bringing together television viewers all across the globe. It has merged the virtual world and reality in a beautiful combination where virtual friends are now part of an extended family with many special bonds and relationships. India-Forums started as television discussion forum has branched out to several other sections like Bollywood, Tellybuzz, Celebrity Interview, Internet Radio, Fan Clubs, Debate Mansion, Sports, Books Talk, Fashion News update and Gizmo Talks.
India-forums.com is an online youth networking site, owned and managed by Cyberax Media Pvt. Ltd. registered members are allowed to set up unique personal profiles that can be linked together through networks of friends. India-forums members can view each others' profiles with the objective of making new friends, communicating with old friends, sharing photos and posting journals and comments etc. In order to ensure that the objectives of the site can be fulfilled to the satisfaction of India-forums members, we request and display some personal information / profile information relating to one or more members to other members and visitors, which allows our users to identify each other and expand their network of friends. India-forums members can change their personal information and/or profile information at any time. Kindly note that although most of the online services are offered for free, users would require a "Mandatory Registration" to navigate and use India-forums services. To know more about the said "Mandatory Registration", please follow the link below: http://www.india-forums.com/terms_of_use.asp
Please note that any video, image, comment or other content posted on the Site becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information which is subject to this privacy notice.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT OUR USERS AND MEMBERS?
The information that we collect about you while you are using the Site falls into the following general categories:
- User provided information: We may collect and store information, personal or otherwise, that you voluntarily supply either while on the Site or in responding via email in connection with a feature provided on the Site. Some examples of this type of information include demographic information that you electronically submit when you sign up for access to certain features on the Site, information (such as your name or email address) that you electronically submit when you register for surveys or contests on the Site, information that you post on message boards on the Site, and information contained in search requests or questions that you submit to the Site. If you decline to supply or provide us with certain information while using the Site, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of the features offered through the Site.
- Cookies information: When you visit the India-forums Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. India-forums use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the India-forums Site may not function properly.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- Log file information: When you use the India-forums Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear / transparent GIFs information: When you use the India-forums Site, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users / members anonymously. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION USED?
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the India-forums Site, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the India-forums Site.
- Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected, seen and used by others besides us. We cannot be and are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users / members when you upload videos or send messages through the India-forums Site and other users / members can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the India-forums Site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may provide our advertisers with information about you and other visitors that will enable our advertisers to better target ads to specific types of visitors. We reserve the right to use and to disclose to third parties all of the information that we collect online about you and other visitors in any way and for any purpose, with one important exception viz. We will not use the information that we collect online from you while you are using the Site, nor will we authorize third parties to use such information, to mail or email promotional offers directly to you unless you have specifically informed us that you would like to receive promotional offers from us and/or from third parties. If you choose to receive these promotional offers, then your information may be used for direct mail or email marketing. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major India-forums Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the India-forums Site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user / member preferences and trends.
WHEN INDIA-FORUMS DISCLOSES INFORMATION
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the India-forums Site.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any law or to respond to a court order or an order from any governing body or statutory authority.
INVITATIONS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS TO NON-MEMBERS
India-forums members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. The India-forums Site stores the email addresses that members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend's list of the member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations. The India-forums Site does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations, invitation reminders (up to three (3) per email address). Recipients of invitations from India-forums may contact the India-forums Site to request the removal of their information from our database.
India-forums members may also store email addresses of people they know in their internal India-forums address book and may also choose to send invitations and other communications to those addresses.
You may prevent email invitations from us by sending a single email with the subject "BLOCK" to Unsubscribe. Please note that the email must come from the account you wish to block.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDRENS' PRIVACY
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to India-forums and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, India-forums makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS / MEMBERS
HOW YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES:
We reserve the right at any time to: change the terms of this Agreement; change the Services, including eliminating or modifying any content on or feature of the Site; or change/charge any fees or charges for use of the Services.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give either by posting the new Agreement on the Site or via electronic mail. Your use of the Services after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure your familiarity with the most current version. You will always be able to tell when the version was last updated by checking the "Last Revised" date in the header of this agreement.
We are committed to resolving disputes as soon as feasible and shall endeavor to resolve all disputes brought to our notice in keeping with the mechanism prescribed, within 15 working days of such receipt.
Telephone: +91 22 4016 6640
Postal address: A 602/603 Royal Sands,
Shashtri Nagar, Andheri (West),
Mumbai - 400 053,
Maharashtra - INDIA.
Business name: Cyberax Media Pvt. Ltd.
Address: A 602/603 Royal Sands, Shashtri Nagar D-Phase, Andheri (West),
Pin code: 400 053
Website URL: http://www.India-forums.com