Findings of a survey conducted by Philips and The Nielsen Company on how Indians sleep:
* 93 percent people feel sleep-deprived, getting less than eight hours a night;
* 87 percent people feel lack of sleep affects health;
* 72 percent people wake up one-three times between sleep;
* 62 percent people exhibit obstructive sleep apnea, or stop breathing for 10 seconds or more;
* 57 percent people feel lack of sleep affects their work;
* 38 percent people have seen a colleague fall asleep;
* 33 percent people snore, half of them louder than they speak;
* 19 percent people feel lack of sleep affects relationships with family;
* 11 percent people have taken leave from office due to lack of sleep; and
* Only 2 (two) percent people have discussed lack of sleep with a physician.
Do you like this article?
Copyright Indo-Asian News Service
User Rating (0 Votes)
|Art - Culture||Business||Diaspora|