New Delhi, April 16 (IANS) There are no reports as yet of any Indian nationals being injured in the Boston bombings in which three people were killed and 141 injured, an official statement said Tuesday adding that the Indian missions in the US have been placed on alert.
"Although no reports have as yet been received of injuries caused to Indian nationals as a result of this despicable act, our Embassy in Washington DC and our Consulate General in New York have been placed on alert. Indian nationals with concerns to report may do so at the Embassy's emergency number (001) 202 939 7000," the statement said.
The casualties were caused as two powerful explosions rocked the Boston Marathon finish line Monday afternoon.
President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh "have already strongly condemned the multiple bombings in central Boston on April 15.
"The solidarity and sympathy of the people of India have been expressed by India's leadership, including in a letter of condolence sent by the prime minister to the president of the United States of America earlier this morning.
"As has been underlined by India's leaders, India remains committed to the effort to defeat terrorism and to uphold the values that define democratic nations such as ours," the statement said.
Do you like this article?
Copyright Indo-Asian News Service
User Rating (0 Votes)
|Art - Culture||Business||Diaspora|