Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Fwinston

Fwinston

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

Can anyone tell me what India is like...

Im moving there soon and I want to know as much as I can about it. Specially Chennai please. Thats where im going and I have NO idea what is waiting for me. My mother and I are afraid of leaving here and starting something new.

Im 15 and Im half american, so I would be going to the American school in Chennai... but I really dont want to because they only have 350 students...are there any other schools with the american  program that I could go to.

Anything you can tell me about there would be appreciated

To give you an idea :

Houses/Apartaments in Chennai, Schools, The people, the language, the dress, the beach??

anything at all. ! thank you

Fiela Winston

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is India like?" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

punjabi#1

IF-Dazzler

punjabi#1

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
wow, you have to move to India??? I want to move to India but nobody lets me. Cry

I don't remember much about India because I was only 6 when I moved to USA. But I would dress conservative for the most part in India, unless the part you move to is okay with it.

-Rimpy

Fwinston

Fwinston

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
Wow thank you!! <3!

so its been a while... i hope i can get some information more specific to my case though... ive done research but nothing!

-aditi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-aditi-

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
hi Fiela...nice to know tht u coming here(india)...believe me its a very nice place to live in...abt chennai i just know tht its a IT city where ppl from india nd other place round usually move to for work...

aditi

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
well i was in Indian school couple of yrs ago, but i lived in northern India, so like i know absolutely nothing about chennai.but if u wanna no about Indian schools in general then feel free to ask.
about clothes..well i have friends in india who basically wear the same clothes we wear here.but i agree with rimi they are more conservative in that sense.
oh and it's going to be realllyyy hot there lol

Fwinston

Fwinston

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
yeah.... its like scorching right?

thats why i was asking about the clothing... iknow that i dont have to wear a sari, and that a lot of people dont... but would it be offensive if i wore like a skirt and little tank top or something, or do the people there not mind...?

ps. THank you all so much for asnwering me!! i didnt think anyone would!

Fwinston

Fwinston

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
yeah.... its like scorching right?

thats why i was asking about the clothing... iknow that i dont have to wear a sari, and that a lot of people dont... but would it be offensive if i wore like a skirt and little tank top or something, or do the people there not mind...?

and yeah... indian schools in general would be nice!

ps. THank you all so much for asnwering me!! i didnt think anyone would!

punjabi#1

IF-Dazzler

punjabi#1

Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
I don't think I would immediately wear the skirt and tank top because you don't know how people well react. You can wear jeans and a short sleeve top without any issues. But I would save the tank top till you know what kind of clothing is acceptable in the area you live. You don't want to start on the wrong foot.

I personally don't wear sari's because to me they look to complicated. I do like to wear the punjabi suits because they are comfy and easy to wear. So you might want to look into those.

And yes it is going to be scorching. I would recommend taking sun block and bug spray. Lots of it.

-Rimpy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top